tomcat

May 9, 07: Meteorite Over US West Coast

Thu May 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi !

Just wanted to know if any one else on US west coast have seen that pretty massive meteorite tonight? I saw it from Everett, WA around 9.13pm, for just a second while driving home. I've never seen such a big meteorite. Initially I estimated his heading as being east/south east but it seemed in the end that it was heading more to the south than east. I indeed sent a text message to my girlfriend at 9.18pm, she's living in San Francisco bay area and answered me that she was still seeing it at that time and that she had been observing it for more than a minute (she actually told me "more than five minutes" but I cannot believe it!) and that it looked very close.

So has anybody found anything in his backyard or more probably had the opportunity to take a few pics of it?

Thanks,

Nic

ZBBYLW

RE: May 9, 07: Meteorite Over US West Coast

Thu May 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Yea it is weird to think how fragile life on this planet really is, look what happened to the dinosaurs (well one of a few explanations). Who knows how long we still have... Hopefully it did not make land fall and no one got hurt.

Keep the shinny side up!

checksixx

RE: May 9, 07: Meteorite Over US West Coast

Fri May 11, 2007 5:54 am

It would be a meteor...a meteorite is one that has fallen to earth.