Blackbird
Topic Author

Usaf Flight Instructor G-Force Requirements

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:03 pm

A USAF Instructor Pilot (Like a T-38 instructor-- small plane) has to undergo the same G-force training as all the other fighter pilots do right?

Andrea Kent

KevinSmith

RE: Usaf Flight Instructor G-Force Requirements

Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:18 am

Quoting Blackbird (Thread starter):
Andrea Kent

That depends. You go to the fuge after select the type of aircraft that you will be flying. There are certain aircraft specific G profiles that you will undergo in the fuge. This is according to a buddy of mine who is now flying Echos.

Back to the meat of your question. If the instructor pilot comes from a fighter community then he or she has undergone the fuge from way back when. If they are a FAIP (First Assignment IP) it is my understanding that they haven't. Mind you this is for T-38s.

Quoting Blackbird (Thread starter):
small plane

That being said you could throw the T-37, T-6, and T-1 in there. None of those do you need G training for. It's a build as you go type of thing, especially for the helo guys that fly T-6s now.
Believe it or not T-37 has the highest G onset rate of any USAF aircraft. The T-6 can pull some good numbers too, enough that there is a G-suit system in the a/c. The primary trainers (ie. Tweet, Texan, and Tormentor) are where most pilots develop their G tolerance.

Don't forget the squids. The T-34 has blacked students out at 3Gs before. IIRC a aerospace physio LT told me that the T-34 GLOCs more aircrew than any other fleet airplane.

[Edited 2007-10-13 19:35:13]
Learning to fly, but I ain't got wings.

Blackbird
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:47 pm

So I guess T-38 instructor pilots (first assignment) simply develop G-tolerance as they go... I guess they do okay...

Andrea Kent

DeltaGuy

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Quoting KevinSmith (Reply 1):
Don't forget the squids. The T-34 has blacked students out at 3Gs before. IIRC a aerospace physio LT told me that the T-34 GLOCs more aircrew than any other fleet airplane.

You can get a T-34 to do that, sure...it's got a fast wing and you can be pulling out of a speedy dive before you know it. Now some of the older A's and B's on the civ market are restricted G-wise but I'm sure the C's are out there doing +4/-2 or so all day.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan