dl767captain

Stealth Corporate Jets For The Govt

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:17 am

how come there arent any stealth planes to carry passengers? It seems like sumething the size of a gulfstream G5 with stealth technology would be a great asset for the government to move people in complete secret, now i guess it could already exist and we are just not told about this, so would this be a good asset

Stealthz

RE: Stealth Corporate Jets For The Govt

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:05 am

Likely little benefit...
Hiding in plain sight often works best, even a stealth aircraft has to land somewhere, so unless you own the airfield your cover is blown. A bland looking bizjet is often the most effective.
If real invisibility is required a Y ticket on Air Obscuristan is probably best.

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

redflyer

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:10 am

Who/what would the stealth technology hide you from? It's not as if private citizens have radar equipment mounted on their home rooftops for tracking government aircraft movements.
My other home is in the sky inside my Piper Cherokee 180.

2H4

Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:25 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 1):
A bland looking bizjet is often the most effective.

Indeed. Call yourself a consultant and charter a Citation or a King Air, and nobody will give it a second thought.

Heck, take it a step further....act like a pompous, rich doctor, treat everyone around you like crap, and everyone will go out of their way to avoid you...  Wink

2H4 (former GA ramper)
Intentionally Left Blank

Scooter01

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:41 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 1):
If real invisibility is required a Y ticket on Air Obscuristan is probably best.

-Which leads me to wonder how Al Gore will travel when he comes here next month to receive his prize...

Scooter01
There is always a good reason to watch airplanes

scbriml

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 am

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 2):
It's not as if private citizens have radar equipment mounted on their home rooftops for tracking government aircraft movements.

No, that's what plane spotters are for!  yes 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

Stealthz

Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:11 am

Quoting Scooter01 (Reply 4):
Which leads me to wonder how Al Gore will travel when he comes here next month to receive his prize...

You can bet it will NOT be a Y ticket on Air Obscuristan!!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

KevinSmith

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Quoting Scooter01 (Reply 4):
-Which leads me to wonder how Al Gore will travel when he comes here next month to receive his prize..

Good question. In keeping with the spirit of his award it should be in a solar powered dingy, in which case he's already late if he hasn't left yet.
Learning to fly, but I ain't got wings.