DeltaGuy
Topic Author

Thank You, And Happy Veteran's Day

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:16 am

Thought I'd share my words of thanks to all the veterans on this site, I know there's more than I can count and we've all had a good time on here, but no one says it enough- thanks for all ya'll have done, past and future.

By and large I don't think the majority of Americans are cognizant enough of what sacrifices people make for their freedoms...you can never say thank you enough. One day a year isn't too much to ask right? This is written on my old friend's tombstone, I think it's a pretty good reminder, I'm sure many of you have seen it before.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight: nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance to be free, unless made and kept so by the exertion of better men than himself."

So, that said, Thanks Again, for all you've done.

-DeltaGuy, USAF ANG

PS- Golden Corral does a good free dinner for vets tomorrow night, I went last year and there was a great crowd there. Be ready to hear/tell some old war stories.
http://www.goldencorral.com/military/
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan