Topic Author

R.I.P. Hunterson (Kassem Jaafar)

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Dear friends,

It is with deep regret to inform you the death of Dr Kassem Jaafar, aka Hunterson in these forums, which happened yesterday of a "massive heartattack".
According to an email I recieved from his family today, Kassem "collapsed at home and was declared dead at the hospital some forty minutes later."

Kassem was a great supporter of the Lebanese Air Force and his contributions could be found here in the Military Forums in many threads.

He was a historian and a military analyst and for many years, served as an advisor to the government of Qatar.

He has appeared on many political shows on BBC, al-Jazeera and other networks.

May his soull rest in peace.

RE: R.I.P. Hunterson (Kassem Jaafar)

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Oh my God..this is a shock for me. I enjoyed Hunterson's contribution on the Lebanese Air Force posts so much. I never even knew his real name, but whenever I saw 'Hunterson' next to the Union Jack on a post, I knew he would write something fascinating. I could discern from his posts that he was experienced and very knowledgeable on military aircraft in general and the Hawker Hunter - especially with the LAF in particular. Not least, I could also tell that he was a decent man from the politeness he showed in his writings. If you know his family, please convey to them my heartfelt condolences and my deepest sympathies to a man that i sadly never met, but certainly got to know his greatness from his posts. I guess a small consolation would be that he got to know (and may be see?) LAF's good old Hunters back in service!

We pray for the eternal peace of his departed soul.

With my sincere sympathies
Chance favors the prepared mind

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm

Very sorry to hear this, I only had exchanges with Hunterson on a couple of threads, as you say he was always as polite as he was well informed.
He also mentioned, in a thread when the Vulcan returned to flight, his young son, so my sympathies to him and the rest of Dr Jaafar's family.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 pm

A rare gentleman who will be much missed.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:01 am

Quoting Jackonicko (Reply 3):
A rare gentleman who will be much missed.

Fair winds and clear skies, my friend.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 am

RIP!  Sad

View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 am

RIP to a fellow member of Anet. My condolences to the family and friends.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?