Cubsrule
Topic Author

Boeing Test Flights

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:58 am

This is my first foray into this forum, but I bet someone here can help answer my question... but please go easy on me!

When Boeing's commercial division takes aircraft up for test flights, they file flight plans and those flights can be found on flightaware (e.g. the 787 test flight a couple of days ago was BOE1).

When Boeing's Integrated Defense Systems performs similar test flights, do they file flight plans? And, if so, what flight number range do they use?

Thanks for your help
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

BMI727

RE: Boeing Test Flights

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:23 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Thread starter):
When Boeing's Integrated Defense Systems performs similar test flights, do they file flight plans?

I have never seen a Boeing flight plan filed out of STL, though it is not uncommon to see either a new plane at the airport being tested or a T-38 chase plane. I believe that the airspace they use is somewhere out over central or southern Missouri.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

rfields5421

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:30 pm

There are a couple MOAs north of St Louis over IL - some west of STL over Sedelia and a couple of really large areas from near a line from Farmington to Ft Leonard Wood down to near the Arkansas border.

kc135topboom

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Also, the BIDS flight tests are normally done on a military flight plan, which is not tracked on sites like flight tracker or flightaware.