MadameConcorde
Topic Author

STS-134 Last Shuttle Launch

Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 am

I was wondering if any of you are planning to attend the last Space Shuttle launch no doubt a historic event.

How about having a thread with all the information for those who will be going?

Need to know what will be the closest accessible spot, accomodation in the KSC area, the possibility of buying tickets from KSC if there are still any available, all that and everything else you might be thinking of.

It will be soon and there will most probably be no more after that.

There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

zanl188

RE: STS-134 Last Shuttle Launch

Mon May 31, 2010 12:07 pm

Put me on the maybe list... Depends on the job situation...

It will be crowded for sure...
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

eksath
Crew

Mon May 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Thread starter):
I was wondering if any of you are planning to attend the last Space Shuttle launch no doubt a historic event.

I will be there.

Quote:
Need to know what will be the closest accessible spot, accomodation in the KSC area, the possibility of buying tickets from KSC if there are still any available, all that and everything else you might be thinking of.

The KSCVC tickets are the best bet for the general public. However, they sell out for a regular launch in sometimes as short as 4 minutes. You can also try some of the second party sellers that package a trip over from Orlando to KSC. I hear they are more likely to have tickets. I believe it is called Gator tours or something. I can recheck that

Quote:
It will be soon and there will most probably be no more after that.

As I write this, OV-104 is being processed for the Launch on Command mission to support STS-134. Since she will be taken up to the point of rollover to the rest of the stack (which will be ready in the VAB), it is highly likely that she will get the nod for the last mission sometime in early 2011 (decision will be made in Summer 2010). So the fat lady has not sung..yet for OV-104. If she does fly (i say it is a high prob) then it would be second time she has cheated retirement...

World Wide Aerospace Photography

JBirdAV8r

Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 pm

I'll be there. Hope you can make it, MadameConcorde!

Quoting eksath (Reply 2):
Launch on Command

Launch on Need, LON

The KSCVC tickets are the best bet for the general public. However, they sell out for a regular launch in sometimes as short as 4 minutes. You can also try some of the second party sellers that package a trip over from Orlando to KSC. I hear they are more likely to have tickets. I believe it is called Gator tours or something. I can recheck that

Gator Tours I'm pretty sure, along with another...Florida Dolphin Tours? Honestly, if you're staying in Orlando, it's probably worth the added cost not to have to deal with the insane traffic.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Mon May 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 3):
I'll be there. Hope you can make it, MadameConcorde!

Thank you all for your answers.

Seeing the real thing would be great, the trouble for us who are living far away are launch scrubs. We cannot predict those too far ahead of time and then have to cancel or extend our trips in case of a scrub.

it is highly likely that she will get the nod for the last mission sometime in early 2011

Now suppose they make the decision to have one "last last" mission in 2011 - I hope they will give the "go" - it may very well be worthwile waiting as we will be informed before STS-134 goes flying.

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 am

Some great great Shuttle Atlantis pictures here...
I am still in hope that this will not be her last flight... who knows the future?

In the meantime... enjoy!

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...irst_of_the_last_space_shuttl.html

L410Turbolet

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:37 pm

I am heading down to KSC for the Sept. 16 launch which was supposed to be the last one ever.
By coincidence I bought the tickets to MCO on Sunday April 25, only few hours before NASA announced they are postponing the July launch until sometime late November.  
What surprises me is that the November launch was not given a specific launch window. I understand there are not that many to choose from:

As it now stands, temperature constraints related to the station's orbit would preclude a shuttle launch between Nov. 8 and 25. Complicating the picture, three of the station's six crew members are scheduled to return to Earth Nov. 26. Their replacements are scheduled for launch Dec. 10.
To avoid a conflict with the December Soyuz flight, Endeavour would need to take off between Nov. 26 and the end of the month, it would appear, to complete its mission and undock before the new crew members arrive.
Other options appear limited. Looking further downstream, shuttle software issues would preclude launching Endeavour after Dec. 15 to avoid having the shuttle in orbit during an end-of-year rollover. Another so-called beta-angle cutout - the period when the angle between the sun and the station's orbit precludes a shuttle visit - begins Jan. 4 and extends through Jan. 20.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts134/100426delay/

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it for the Nov.launch so I am hoping that Atlantis will go up one more time in 2011 as there has been quite a lot speculation on spaceflightnow.com and I will be there no matter what.

Quoting MadameConcorde (Thread starter):
accomodation in the KSC area

Depends on the launch time. I went to see the nighttime launch of STS-126 in November 2008, which happened to be a Friday night so the amount of people who went to watch it was enormous and the dumbest thing I could have done was trying to get back to Orlando after waiting on the spot(**) from which I watched the launch at least 3 hours for everyone to leave. It took another 4 hours to get back to Orlando through a traffic jam of epic dimensions.

** Google Maps: 28.553232,-80.794274

eksath
Crew

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 6):
Depends on the launch time. I went to see the nighttime launch of STS-126 in November 2008, which happened to be a Friday night so the amount of people who went to watch it was enormous and the dumbest thing I could have done was trying to get back to Orlando after waiting on the spot(**) from which I watched the launch at least 3 hours for everyone to leave. It took another 4 hours to get back to Orlando through a traffic jam of epic dimensions.

It has progressively got worse as the missions have been winding down.

I stayed on base for more than 2 hr post launch to catch up with some work then it took me a solid 1 hr plus just to get I-95 (usually about 20 minutes). So the crowds were still dissipating 3 hrs post launch. It will get insane on the last few ones. I know a lot of people with VIP passes etc could not get onto base prior to launch as they were stuck in the backup PRIOR to launch (i.e. people trying to head towards the beach or the visitor center). I recommend building in a lot of extra time at both ends.

L410Turbolet

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:43 pm

found this really cool video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBNr-oNT1g

enjoy!

eksath
Crew

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 6):
I am heading down to KSC for the Sept. 16 launch which was supposed to be the last one ever.
By coincidence I bought the tickets to MCO on Sunday April 25, only few hours before NASA announced they are postponing the July launch until sometime late November.

Looks like sometime after Oct. 21 right now. End of the month on early July the decision.

eksath
Crew

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

L410Turbolet

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:27 pm

NASA managers Tuesday asked shuttle engineers to assess retargeting the final two space shuttle missions, moving launch of a mid-September flight with Discovery to Oct. 29 and a late November flight by Endeavour to Feb. 28. The changes would give engineers more time to optimize payloads bound for the International Space Station and avoid launch conflicts with other flights to the lab complex.
The status of a proposed final fight of the shuttle Atlantis next June to deliver a final load of supplies and equipment remains unresolved.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts133/100622dates/

I guess "lucky" me as it looks like a pointless trip to FL in September

Boof

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 11):
I guess "lucky" me as it looks like a pointless trip to FL in September

At least your not booked and paid to fly from Australia like myself. 7500 miles and a $10,000 holiday later. I will at least get a nice tour of the KSC. Shame about the delays though....

Can anyone tell me if STS-133 is launched late October when approx. will it be placed on the crawler to the launch pad? I'd like to see the Orbiter mated and on the pad at least!!
If only B6 flew in Australia...

eksath
Crew

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 am

Quoting Boof (Reply 12):
Can anyone tell me if STS-133 is launched late October when approx. will it be placed on the crawler to the launch pad? I'd like to see the Orbiter mated and on the pad at least!!

These are not really delays but operational adjustment to optimize the last few mission usage. i.e. the cramming of maximum stuff and functions to each mission.

Rollout occurs approx. 1 month before launch day.When she is rolling to the pad the tour busses are stopped hence there is no chance seeing her really.

The RSS coves her not long after she arrives at the pad so "all " you get to see of her is the top the tank and boosters. From the back side you can see the whole tank and boosters but not the orbiter . However the general public cannot see the backside of the stack from the tour. There is a national park beach that is a few miles north that people visit that allows you to see the backside of the stack from a few miles. This park is closed on launch day. I recommend you take the "up close" tour (extra $ to regular tour) at KSC visitor center as that will take you the viewing point that is a lot closer to the pad and you can get out and view pad A and B.

Rollover from the OPF to VAB is approx. 1 week before rollout. It happens pretty fast and is a short drive hence not seen by public on the tour. It is also in a secure area not travelled by the tour buses.

Good luck.

L410Turbolet

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:42 pm

It's official. As of now the last launch will be on Feb. 26

The last mission launch date is February 26th which is when Endeavour will be delivering a scientific instrument to the space station...
...Still up in the air is the possibility of an extra shuttle mission. NASA expects to make a decision about that before August.

http://cbs4.com/local/nasa.discovery.shuttle.2.1783138.html

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Latest

From NASA Astronauts on Twitter:

New launch dates: STS-133 – 11/01/10 & STS-134 – 02/26/11

eksath
Crew

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Atlantis lives...

connies4ever

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:07 am

Looks like the shuttle program may live a little longer: http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n1007/15senate/
which will no dou bt please a lot of workers at KSC and also boost the tourism business in South Florida.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Blackprojects

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:10 pm

STS-135 Is on the cards for the middle of next year so at least one more shuttle launch will happen.

rwessel

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Quoting Blackprojects (Reply 18):
STS-135 Is on the cards for the middle of next year so at least one more shuttle launch will happen.

*May* happen. This is something *one* Senate committee voted on. At the very least, this will need an approval from the full Senate, a similar measure on the House side, and the survive the inevitable reconciliation process.

Given the anti-spending mood on the hill at the moment, I'd say there's at best a 50% chance that this makes it all the way through.

connies4ever

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Yes, I know. "May" happen and several things have to be in place prior to that happening. But we can live in hope. I don't see Dragon or Cygnus being available for manned activity before 2016/7, if then. From a psychological p.o.v. I think it's important for the US to have their own access to the ISS for at least a couple more years. And for ISS ops. Although the ATV & HTV seem to be doing what was advertised.

L410Turbolet

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Still no update regarding the additional mission (STS-135) which should take place in June 2011?
Earlier articles at spaceflightnow.com were saying that the decision was supposed to be made "before August". Was that meant to be "before (the end of) August"?

nomadd22

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 21):
Still no update regarding the additional mission (STS-135) which should take place in June 2011?
Earlier articles at spaceflightnow.com were saying that the decision was supposed to be made "before August". Was that meant to be "before (the end of) August"?

The House and Senate have both approved STS-135 and NASA is planning it like it's going to happen. The bills have some differences in funding the mission so it's not final yet.
Anon

lnglive1011yyz

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey guys,

I have had the amazing honor of seeing 2 Shuttle launches (almost 3, but a tropical storm got in the way!) in person, from the NASA Causeway viewing location.

A few things you should know:

1) GO WITH A TOUR company. I went with Florida Dolphin Tours 2 times, and they were fantastic. They had extra water/drinks for cheaper than what the vendors were charging, and trust me, you need it. They pick you up rather early in Orlando (5 am for a 2pm Flight etc), and they get you to the visitors center nice and early. You can then spend most of the day touring the KSC Vistitors Center. Tours of the Center do go on throughout the day, but are limited and they end rather early. Keep in mind, the lineup for the bus-ride to the Causeway is HUGE - make sure you judge your timing well or you'll find yourself at the end of the line, about a mile back from the shade.

The bus was comfy and cool during the ride back, and everyone was tired, so most people slept.

2) Make sure you allow for a 2-3 (possibly more!) hour drive back to Orlando - The last time we went down, the drive back to Orlando on the bus took about 3 hours. The traffic is HORRENDOUS as it's not just KSC people leaving the area. People stop on the highways for these things and bugger everything up.

3) From what I've heard, the people who get the tickets for the visitors center (as opposed to the NASA Causeway tickets which are harder to get) usually end up feeling a little disappointed. It's packed, standing room only, in the sweltering heat with no open air, and the only view of shuttle you get until about T+20 seconds is on tv monitors. There is no direct view across the horizon towards the launch pads from the KSCVC.

4) No matter what, take an umbrella and lots of water. Superhydrate yourself throughout the day. The first time we went down, we just about died out on the Causeway - there was NO wind, and it was about 100 degrees out there. What I did last time, and it made it more bearable, is, we spent the morning touring the outside exhibits of the VC, then went on the bus tour, then watch the Imax movie before heading to the causeway - too much heat can ruin the day for you.

Remember to pack your patience - especially after the shuttle is launched. The traffic will crawl, and you will be going nowhere soon. Make a complete day out of it (don't book dinner reservations!) and enjoy the experience - It truly is an awesome site to see. We sat on the bus for about 45 minutes without moving once. Keep in mind, there's 300 busses of people in front of you LOL.

I hope to see one more before they go, but I don't think it'll happen - Despite the heat, aggravation of waiting, etc, it's absolutely worth it!

1011yyz
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

L410Turbolet

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:39 pm

I love how close to the launch pad the location from which this video was taken is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHEWm68yXg0
But I assume this is not where any "mortals" have a chance to get access to, is it?

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 24):
I love how close to the launch pad the location from which this video was taken is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHEWm68yXg0
But I assume this is not where any "mortals" have a chance to get access to, is it?

That's at the Press Site - The camera is making it look closer than it really is I'm sure -

No humans are 'allowed' anywhere within 3 miles of the shuttle. I'm sure there are workers, or higher officials that might be, but the general public aren't.

I remember, when I was part of the tour groups going out to the Causeway site, they (by NASA "law") had to read us a Rules and Regulations regarding Launch Operations -

We were told:

1) If there was an event, to immediately return to the bus
2) If the SRB plume were to blow towards us, or if there was an incident, and the debris was blowing towards us, again, to return the the busses.
3) They would use force on anyone who was acting suspicious (which is funny, considering the security check to get in was very stringent).

Apparently there is some kind of alumnium oxide (or something?) in the vapour of the SRB plume that is extremely corrosive (I LIKELY have the wrong chemical make up guys, so don't flame me!) that burns skin quite bad, so that's why they tell u to get back tot he bus in the event of an incident

1011yyz

eksath
Crew

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Quoting lnglive1011yyz (Reply 25):
That's at the Press Site - The camera is making it look closer than it really is I'm sure -

That is not the press site but the staff viewing area located close to Launch control. 3.1 miles apprx. from pad 39A.

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Quoting eksath (Reply 26):
That is not the press site but the staff viewing area located close to Launch control. 3.1 miles apprx. from pad 39A.

And, if anyone would know, it would be you!!!

*Bows*

LOL

1011yyz

connies4ever

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Apparently there is some kind of alumnium oxide (or something?) in the vapour of the SRB plume that is extremely corrosive (I LIKELY have the wrong chemical make up guys, so don't flame me!) that burns skin quite bad, so that's why they tell u to get back tot he bus in the event of an incident

I'm a physicist, not a chemist (a lower form of life    in my view), so don't quote me, but I think the fuel is aluminum perchlorate, with a rubbery binder to keep it intact in the casing.

JBirdAV8r

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 am

I'm sure there are workers, or higher officials that might be,

The closest people I know are on a team called the "Forward Fireman Team" or something to that effect, located just outside the pad perimeter. I'm pretty sure they still utilize these guys. From what I understand, viewing a launch from this location isn't exactly the most pleasant experience to be had. I'm pretty sure they're even sitting in an M113 armored personnel carrier.

There's a picture floating around somewhere of the firemenstanding around an M113 watching the launch from up close, with a big ribbon on the M113. I'll try to find it.

JBirdAV8r

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:09 am

Quoting connies4ever (Reply 28):
aluminum perchlorate,

Ammonium perchlorate to be exact. There is aluminum powder in the formula as well.

with a rubbery binder to keep it intact in the casing.

Fairly sure the SRB's use PBAN, polybutadiene acrylic acid acrylonitrile prepolymer, as the binder.

(a lower form of life in my view),

Bite your tongue!  

nomadd22

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:07 am

The ammonium percholate is the oxidizer for aluminum fuel with a small amount of iron oxide catalyst. The polymer that holds it together is also a secondary source of fuel.
Anon

PC12Fan

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 am

Quoting nomadd22 (Reply 31):
The ammonium percholate is the oxidizer for aluminum fuel with a small amount of iron oxide catalyst.

English mother f*****!!!!!   

Mods, do what you feel, but I couldn't resist.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:04 pm

This message was just sent to me so reposting here as I will not be able to go. This is for the upcoming launch.
Maybe some of you want to give it a try?

Florida Dolphin Tours, Inc. have had a very small number of cancellations for anybody that wishes to get VIP causeways packages. Have to call the office at 407-467-0231, these cannot be booked online.

Good luck!!

JBirdAV8r

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 33):
This message was just sent to me so reposting here as I will not be able to go. This is for the upcoming launch.
Maybe some of you want to give it a try?

Florida Dolphin Tours, Inc. have had a very small number of cancellations for anybody that wishes to get VIP causeways packages. Have to call the office at 407-467-0231, these cannot be booked online.

Good luck!!

Thanks for posting, Madame. Are you going to make it to this one?

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 34):
Thanks for posting, Madame. Are you going to make it to this one?

Unfortunately not.

NASA today officially cleared the space shuttle Discovery for its final mission, setting the stage for a Nov. 1 blastoff to cap the orbiter's spaceflying career.

Top NASA shuttle officials cleared Discovery for its launch next week during a hours-long meeting at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla. The approval came after technicians replaced two seals in a leaky fuel line for the twin orbital maneuvering system engines near the shuttle's tail.

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...l-launch-date-approved-101025.html

We will all be waiting for the live reports of those A.netters lucky enough to attend the launch.

Woof

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 5):
Some great great Shuttle Atlantis pictures here...

Fantastic pics. Thanks for the link.
Deleted

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 am

STS-133 A most beautiful successful liftoff from the Cape yesterday. The Astronauts are now on their way to the ISS.

There are two more launches scheduled. STS-135 is still not certain all depending if US Congress grants the money I guess. If STS-135 gets funding then so much the better. We can make another trip to see the very last flight.  

I am seriously thinking of travelling to the Cape to see STS-134 liftoff. It's now or never. At least we know that this mission will go. We are not yet sure about the next one and Summer launches lead to more scrubbings because of uncertain weather.

Anyone else thinking of going?
Maybe we could have a A.net STS-134 Shuttle Endeavour cheerleaders "do"?

If enough are willing to go then we can use this thread to collect all launch related information and post it here.

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:03 pm

April 19th At 7:48 pm EDT STS-134 launch. Launch window till May 2nd.

JBirdAV8r

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 37):
There are two more launches scheduled. STS-135 is still not certain all depending if US Congress grants the money I guess. If STS-135 gets funding then so much the better. We can make another trip to see the very last flight.

NASA, at least internally, is saying that STS-135 will fly. If appropriations don't come from Congress, they'll pull the money from other parts of the budget to make it happen.

Kinda sad on the Space Coast...Titusville is dying.

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 39):
NASA, at least internally, is saying that STS-135 will fly. If appropriations don't come from Congress, they'll pull the money from other parts of the budget to make it happen.

STS-135 is scheduled to launch NET 28 June 2011. What are the chances that they push it until later?
What is the local weather like around that time of the year?

This is very sad not only on the Space Coast but for all of us who have been following the Shuttles since they started flying. What is to come is more than uncertain. I wish they would keep them flying a while longer. The jobs will go to Russia.

DiamondFlyer

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 40):
What is the local weather like around that time of the year?

Hot & humid with thunderstorms around 3PM everyday. Probably mid 80's on the coast, with 90+ more than about 10 miles inland.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

bigbird

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:40 pm

If they do approve STS-135 will it be flown by Atlantis?
bigbird from georgia

ClassicLover

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Quoting bigbird (Reply 42):
If they do approve STS-135 will it be flown by Atlantis?

Yes, it will be.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 pm

I heard they had 250,000 people who came to watch Discovery launch from the usual nearby places. They are expecting double that for STS-134 and one Million people for the very last Shuttle flight STS-135. Then it will be no more.

The place will be a zoo. I can't imagine the traffic jams on the roads and highways. It will take hours for just a few miles.

Wow!

[Edited 2011-02-25 13:25:06]

TUGMASTER

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:05 pm

ok.... so how do i get tickets .........?

rgds

QANTAS747-438

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 am

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 39):

Why is Titusville dying?

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 44):
The place will be a zoo. I can't imagine the traffic jams on the roads and highways. It will take hours for just a few miles.

Yes. I went to STS-133 and it launched at 4:53pm. At 130am, traffic was still backed up in places, but moving. That's more than 8 hours later. We decided to spend the whole evening down in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach until midnight. Got back to Orlando at around 130am.
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Try your luck with Tweetup and attend the launch with a NASA invvitation.

Register here. Hurry up! Spots will go quickly.

http://www.nasa.gov/connect/tweetup/tweetup_ksc_04-18-2011.html

Registration page now open:

http://www.nasa.gov/connect/tweetup/register.html

Remember to notify us here if you are one of the lucky winners!

Good luck!

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 am

I am surprised to see so little posting about the next coming and last Endeavour Space Shuttle flight STS-134.

I am all booked, I have a ticket to KSC with transport. I will watch the launch from KSC visitors center. Not the best place - the press area is certainly a better one for those with access - but not the worst either.

I have allowed 5 extra days in case of scrubs. I will be staying in the vicinity of MCO the whole time. I saw that there is good public bus service from the airport to all kinds of different areas if I want to go places.

Wake up you all. Another launch in June and that's it.
It will all be back to the old Soyuz far away in Khazakstan.

Anyone else going to the launch?

I will certainly attend the Atlantis in June if I can come up with the money.

IMissPiedmont

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Having seen the first 34 up close, I have no interest in seeing another. About time that dinosaur is put out to pasture. I just Don't understand the continued fascination with something that has been around longer than most people on the planet have been alive. The program has been from the start a collosal waste of resources.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.