Thom@s
Topic Author

German Air Force At My Home Airport (video)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 am

My local airport, Stord - Sørstokken (SRP / ENSO) which I work at, doesn't really see much military activity on a regular basis. It was therefore nice to see the German Air Force make their presence known with a C-160 Transall on a summers day last year.
They departed Rygge airport in eastern Norway for a low level training flight to the west coast, where "my" airport is located. When they informed us that they wanted to make a lowpass over the field, I made sure I had my camera in place to film the event. After the pass, they suddenly decided they wanted to perform a "stop and go" on the runway. Even better.  

So as that video has recently been put online, I thought I'd share it here, in case it was of interest to anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8ONKvWzFs

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

NoUFO

RE: German Air Force At My Home Airport (video)

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Nice, and thanks or not adding music to it.
I support the right to arm bears

HT

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 pm

The aircraft involved appears to be from LTG 61 from ETSA, telling from the insignia below the cockpit window.
Of the 3 units flying C160's only LTG 61 has white at the bottom of their insignia.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTG_61

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Thom@s
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 1):
Nice, and thanks or not adding music to it.

I only put music on compilation videos where the engine sounds would sound odd and random if it wasn't replaced with a soundtrack.  
Quoting HT (Reply 2):

Thanks for the info.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"