j_hallgren
Topic Author

Book Excerpt: Space Shuttle Owner's Wrkshp Manual

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Found this interesting excerpt from this new book at http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/04/shuttle-manual-excerpt
so wanted to make others aware of it.

Gives some quite detailed info about the shuttle....enjoy!
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

HaveBlue

RE: Book Excerpt: Space Shuttle Owner's Wrkshp Manual

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Good article. That first picture at the very top of the article, that was a huge poster hanging on my wall as a kid, given to me by one of my uncles that work at NASA at the Cape. That same uncle just got his pink slip 2 months ago as his job was tied to the shuttle directly (which isn't a huge deal since he was nearing retirement age anyhow).
Here Here for Severe Clear!

GDB

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 pm

These started out as 'Haynes Owners Manuals' for cars, a cutaway of the subject car on the front.
I recent times they've adapted the format for vehicles such as the Spitfire, Concorde, Saturn V and others including the Shuttle.
(If it's the same publisher understandable considering how much less car owners do their own servicing what with the increased complexity, wider onwer demographic etc, they may have found a good niche since originally they were aimed at the private car owner as much as garages/workshops).

[Edited 2011-04-12 10:25:35]

alberchico

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Book Review: Nasa Space Shuttle Manual (by alberchico Apr 9 2011 in Aviation Hobby)

This might help....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !