varigb707
Topic Author

Brazillian Air Force Causes Damage During Ceremony

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Flyby fighter breaks the glass facade of the Supreme Court
July 1, 2012
By Leo Jr. Saballa

A presentation of the fighter aircraft caused a big scare in the Three Powers Square on Sunday morning. Two Mirage 2000 aircraft performed a flyby at the site and destroyed the glass facade of the Supreme Court (STF).

Witnesses said the fighters were very low.

- It looked like a bomb, many children were crying - a street vendor tells Raimunda.

The presentation of the fighters is traditionally the first Sunday of each month in exchange for the flag ceremony. Under the direction of the Supreme Court, the defense minister, Celso Amorim, has contacted the president of the Supreme Court, Justice Ayres Brito. He was made an apology to Brito, who responded calmly. No one was injured.

A visit to the Supreme Court scheduled for Sunday was canceled, for bureaucratic reasons.

- It is normally crowded the entrance to the building to the visitation, the right side of the building that was more shaken. Luckily, we had no wounded - highlights the director general of the Supreme Court, Amarildo Vieira.

The estimation of the Supreme Court is the replacement of glass in three weeks. The Presidential Palace was not damaged, it has bulletproof glass. In a statement, the Air Force Command reports that have already started the investigation of the circumstances of fact and will reimburse the losses.

http://www.correiobraziliense.com.br...senado.shtml#.T_CiVCWwCjE.facebook

First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

Ryan h

RE: Brazillian Air Force Causes Damage During Ceremony

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 am

Maybe they went supersonic and the sonic boom did the damage.

I've seen F/A-18s even at subsonic speeds set car alarms off.
South Australian Spotter www.ryanhothersall.net

smittyone

RE: Brazillian Air Force Causes Damage During Ceremony

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Sounds like they need better glass.