Revelation
Topic Author

AW Declines To Bid For US Presidential Helicopter

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Quote:

"After a comprehensive analysis of the final RFP [request for proposal], dated May 3, 2013, we determined that we were unable to compete effectively given the current requirements and the evaluation methodology defined in the RFP," says AgustaWestland, which had teamed with Northrop Grumman for the new requirement.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/agustawestland-declines-to-bid-for-us-presidential-helicopter-388865

Also

Quote:

However, the U.S. Navy’s decision to hold development costs for the VXX program “to an absolute minimum” may have given the advantage to Sikorsky, which is submitting a platform based on the smaller, commercially certified S-92 helicopter. Sikorsky claims that its VH-92 “meets every requirement outlined by the Navy” while also “reducing operating and maintenance costs.”

Ref: http://www.verticalmag.com/news/arti...r-for-VXX-Presidential-helicopter-

Seems Sikorsky will be building a lot of VIP and CSAR helos for the US DoD in the future.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

alberchico

RE: AW Declines To Bid For US Presidential Helicopter

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:22 am

wouldn't this program run into the same problems that the older one had in terms of security modifications causing costs to spiral out of control ?
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Revelation
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Quoting alberchico (Reply 1):
wouldn't this program run into the same problems that the older one had in terms of security modifications causing costs to spiral out of control ?

One would hope the WHCA and the DoD have learned from the last fiasco, but you never know.

At least they do know that if they go outside the bounds too far the program WILL get cancelled.

A president can't be seen spending excessively on himself/herself in today's climate.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

Devilfish

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Once bitten...twice shy...    ...
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield