Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tmu101
Topic Author

E-4B At Leading Edge (FTW)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:09 am

Looks like an E-4B was parked at the Leading Edge ramp at Fort Worth Meacham Airport. Noticed it this evening driving home from work. Is it there for a paint job? Could have been a VC-25 but pretty sure it's an E-4B (had that extra fairing on top of the hump). It was dark and it was a 747 but couldn't make out the paint job to be sure. Thanks!

TangoandCash

Re: E-4B At Leading Edge (FTW)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Yes, there's an E-4B in town for paint. It's one of the aircraft damaged in a tornado at Offutt AFB (Nebraska) in June 2017. I spotted it flying about six weeks ago in primer, presumably doing post repair checks.

One of the VC-25s was at Leading Edge for a repaint 4-5 years ago, i remember seeing it parked at Meacham as well.

tmu101
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:30 pm

TangoandCash wrote:
Yes, there's an E-4B in town for paint. It's one of the aircraft damaged in a tornado at Offutt AFB (Nebraska) in June 2017. I spotted it flying about six weeks ago in primer, presumably doing post repair checks.

One of the VC-25s was at Leading Edge for a repaint 4-5 years ago, i remember seeing it parked at Meacham as well.

Ah glad to see the aircraft that were damaged are getting repaired (thought maybe they'd just be scrapped). :-) I saw a VC-25 at Meacham as well - I swear it was last year or maybe no more than 2 years ago. All are beautiful aircraft! :cloudnine: can't wait for the VC-25B.

itchief

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:34 pm

tmu101 wrote:
TangoandCash wrote:

Ah glad to see the aircraft that were damaged are getting repaired (thought maybe they'd just be scrapped). :-) I saw a VC-25 at Meacham as well - I swear it was last year or maybe no more than 2 years ago. All are beautiful aircraft! :cloudnine: can't wait for the VC-25B.

VC-25 was painted at Meacham in May 2014.