CPDC10-30
Topic Author

Baa@gatwick-airport.co.uk

Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:17 am

Recently I recieved this message from the above address:

The information you provided on http://www.airliners.net is complete rubbish.
Your email address says a lot about you.

This was the post accused of being rubbish:

I can provide you with info, but you have to let us know what you are looking for! I'll try to provide as much as I can...
I was at Gatwick earlier this month...certainly not as nice as Stansted but not too bad. The "open concept" at Stansted makes it really easy to find everything...but then again it is a smaller airport. A lot of Gatwick seemed to be under construction. There was a fairly long walk to the gate...at least to mine. The connecting train service is expensive and dirty. Remember that Gatwick is in the countryside and is about 40-60 mins away from London by train.
The best place to pass a few hours for a delayed flight is the cafe beyond the security check - you get a clear view of the runway through the huge windows - only a few hundred feet away. It was just great...since there is only one runway you can see all the air traffic.
Visit this site for the official word on Gatwick from the horse's mouth (BAA): http://www.baa.co.uk/domino/baa/baanet.nsf/vwLookupByTypeFrameHome/Gatwick

Now what is rubbish here? This is my own experience and I am reflecting on it. Does anyone else get idiotic comments from this address?

dk

RE: Baa@gatwick-airport.co.uk

Thu Jun 22, 2000 9:45 pm

I have never gotten anything like that. It seems very strange. Maybe a wacko or something? And why would they say that " your e-mail address says a lot about you"? Sounds almost threatening!!

LGW

Sorry

Fri Jun 23, 2000 2:18 am

Sorry but, this sounds hard to believe baa@gatwick-airport.co.uk sounds official they would say that

CPDC10-30
Topic Author

RE: Sorry

Fri Jun 23, 2000 6:47 am

Sorry but, this sounds hard to believe baa@gatwick-airport.co.uk sounds official they would say that

That is the whole point! The doman gatwick-airport.co.uk is NOT used by the BAA as far as I can tell...someone was just farting around. I find it mildly amusing however that your username is LGW and you are making such comments............  

LGW

Look At

Fri Jun 23, 2000 3:44 pm

Look at my username profile I have had this LGW username fror around a month and I dont have sill email address like that. I am serious aviation entusiast but if all u can do is make me a suspect i will no longer read this post