Your Favorite Burger!?!

Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:25 am

What's your favorite Burger at a fastfood place ?? Doesn't matter if it's Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds or whatever !!

My number one is (or was) : The Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich
2. Burger Kings Whopper

How bout you ??

B737-700

Aussiemite

RE: Your Favorite Burger!?!

Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:38 am

Subway chicken fillet with everything

Hungry Jacks (US = of burger king i think) double whopper

but i prefer to make my own with quality ingredients

Regards,

Aussiemite

Ilyushin96M

Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:53 am

I used to really enjoy a Burger King Double Whopper. However, I am spoiled forever by a restaurant here in Milwaukee called Elsa's. That place serves the most excellent burgers I've ever had in my life! They are HUGE - an Elsaburger can make a meal for TWO people! They are made from the finest ground beef, and come in a variety of styles, including basic, APV (with melted bleu cheese), special barbeque sauce, etc. I've never had a better hamburger, ANYWHERE!

Wed Jul 19, 2000 1:18 am

I like anything from Arby's and Hardees. My favorite is the chili-dog from Hardees.
Does Hardees exist elswhere but the south? I have so far only seen them in Georgia N.C. and S.C.

reno_air

Wed Jul 19, 2000 1:29 am

I like:

Steers : Rave Burger
Kentucky Fried Chicken : Tower rounder
Spur : Monkeygland
Mcadonalds : not a burger, but their no.5 special, which is two cheeseburgers, chips (fries), and a coke.

But the BEST burger I have EVER had was when I was in Washington DC in June 1995. I had a bacon-cheese burger at this resturant (think it's a chain) called Friday's. Geez, it was BRILLIANT! Will remember it for ever.

Tommy  

RE: 747sp

Wed Jul 19, 2000 2:18 am

747sp: do you mean TGI Friday's? I like them also.

reno_air

Alexander

Wed Jul 19, 2000 2:33 am

McDonald´s:not a burger but their no.4 special(two cheesburgers,chips,coke.)
and Big Mac
Burger King:Double Whopper

Wed Jul 19, 2000 3:14 am

Sliders from White Castle...it's called sliders because it just slides down your system  

Reno_Air / 747sp

Wed Jul 19, 2000 3:43 am

I had a great Burger from TGI Fridays at IAD, too.
Don't remember the name but it was huge !!! And yummy !!!!

RE: Reno_Air / 747sp

Wed Jul 19, 2000 6:20 am

Yep, it was TGI Fridays. Whatz the TGI stand for? Forgot to mention - had it on friday, on a beautiful night!

Tommy  

Peter

Wed Jul 19, 2000 7:01 am

The Subway Melt at Subway is great!

Wed Jul 19, 2000 8:03 am

In the Czech Republic I went to a resteraunt in a Brno Hypermarket called GoodBurger and had the best Chicken burger ever. Their McDonalds taste funny though, I tried several In Brno (x2), Jilhava, Prague (x3) and they all tasted funny! Burger King do the best hamburgers, particularly their Bacon Double cheese burger and the "Rodeo Burger"

Wed Jul 19, 2000 10:16 am

Whataburger with cheese and no onions. I also like The Feed Bag's Big Cheeseburger's. Mmmmmm...

Skyteam

Wed Jul 19, 2000 10:47 am

McDonalds Big Xtra Burger kicks butt!!!!

SKYTEAM

B737-112

Fri Jul 21, 2000 1:05 pm

In California and Nevada we have In'N'Out Burger who makes the most amazing "Double Double". East US has White Castle which puts all else to shame! Best burger I've ever had is in Signal Hill (Long Beach), CA at John's Burgers. -Ryan

mls515

Fri Jul 21, 2000 2:14 pm

Best burger is home-made, grilled, with my own ingredients. I feel that bad burgers severely disrespect the cow who died for them to feed us.

There was a place in Albuquerque on the north side called Rex's that was pretty good as I remember.

As far as the big chains go, Wendy's is the best (in USA). I don't mind Burger King or McDonald's though.

Hardee's is not only in the south US, they're in Iowa at least. They were recently bought out by some company from the west, hence the new star thing.

TGI Friday's = Thank God (or goodness) it's Friday by the way.

Tue Jul 25, 2000 12:59 am

Hey-

Oh, so many! I don't really like fast food chains, but here are my favorites in order:

Hunter House (an original '50s hamburger place where they serve mini-burgers for $1.35 a piece, you need like 5 to fill you up). Live right by it in Birmingham, Michigan.

In 'N' Out (SoCal)

Burger King over McDonalds (Whopper)

But, I prefer chicken over beef  

Jack

PS
Here in SE Michigan, we used to have Hardee's, but the owner of the franchises got in legal trouble. I was too young to remember the food, but from what I hear, it was bad. I think Carl's Jr. bought them out.

Aussiemite

How Could I Forget

Tue Jul 25, 2000 1:13 am

The chefs at my work make some damn good sandwhiches and burgers.. steak & bacon & chiken & cheses & vegies.. i can see myself needing a tripple heat bypass by 30 at this rate but as i say

"better to live one day as a tiger then a lifetime as a chicken"

Regards,

Aussiemite

Tue Jul 25, 2000 11:41 am

All this talk about food... I don't like any of that awful processed American yuck fast food. I'll take any good old Aussie hamburger from a corner fish and chip shop any day. Real bun, real meat, real salad,(no awful mayo coverup, yucky pickles or nasty American cheese) and beetroot!!

(Sometimes I'll get 'the lot' which has salad, beetroot pineapple, bacon, egg, tasty cheese - it's big.)

Please don't anyone get offended I don't like Macca's style processed fast food.

mb

Tue Jul 25, 2000 12:40 pm

I can't remember than name of the joint, but it was in Cancun, Mexico. We had just came in from snorkeling all day, and were HUNGRY! So we stopped at the first place we saw, I had a burger, fries, and a coke, and the burger was THE BEST I HAD EVER HAD! I mean WOW! There are NO words to describe it! That was a REAL burger... BTW: We also have Hardee's in South Dakota, too...

Purdue Arrow

Tue Jul 25, 2000 5:17 pm

Best fast food burger? That's simple. The Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box. Jack doesn't dilute the burger with vegetables and sauces; it's just bun-bacon-cheese-meat-chees-cheese-meat-bun.

Wed Jul 26, 2000 2:32 am

Whenever I go to Califrnia (actually, I'm leaving tonight), I always hjabve to stay like 500 ft away from those Jack In The boxes. I am so scared of them becuase the big E-Coli deal they had going on here in Michigan. Plus, I don't like clowns  

Jack

polaris

Wed Jul 26, 2000 3:22 am

Harvey's makes the best burgers...they are real burgers made the way you want them. I believe this fast-food chain operates only in Canada...correct me if I'm wrong. Come visit...and taste for yourself!

McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's...please...we're talking food here...not whatever it is that they "cook".

polaris

Wed Jul 26, 2000 6:21 am

...any pub burger!! Perhaps you were asking about fast-food burgers. In that case, Harvey's burgers. I believe that chain in available only in Canada.

Sorry to the McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King lovers. Those aren't burgers...in fact, I'm not sure what they are!

firefly_cyhz

Thu Jul 27, 2000 12:40 am

I have to agree Harvey's original burger is the best I have ever eaten at a fast food joint. I am pretty sure they are only in Canada though. Wendy's spicey chicken isn't too bad either.