ATA757
Topic Author

Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Domino's...?

Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:49 pm

I don't eat pizza very often, but when I do I usually go to a local place called Pizza King...OK, that was until the new Papa John's opened up (in my town of 3,000)!!! They are busy all the time!!! I really don't like Pizza Hut!!! Just every once and a while!!!

YOU???

blink182

RE: Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Domino's...?

Wed Aug 02, 2000 12:21 am

every saturday night my parents go out, and they order my bro and I a large half pepperoni/half cheese from pizza hut, ahhh! i love pizza hut! domino's is a close second though and i hate papa johns
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Delta15

Wed Aug 02, 2000 1:11 am

Oh papa Johns is so great, they have them all over richmond VA.

nwa man

Wed Aug 02, 2000 2:02 am

I really don't like Papa Johns...the last few times that I've had it, I got really, really sick...like a few of my friends who had the same stuff.

Pizza Hut's delivery service here is awful, but their lunch buffet is pretty good.

I love Domino's, especially their thin crust pizza...good stuff.

Broadway Pizza around here (Minneapolis) is excellent. Too bad it's not nationwide.

NWA Man
Create your own luck.

FDXmech

Wed Aug 02, 2000 3:24 am

Fast food pizza, yech. Living in the NY/NJ area, the local pizzeria is the place to go.
I hear its hard to get decent Italian food away from the northeast.
You're only as good as your last departure.

TWFirst

Wed Aug 02, 2000 3:29 am

I wholeheartedly agree NWA Man, Broadway Pizza is awesome!! Davanni's is also great. Last time I had Domino's, it was disgusting. Papa John's sucks too, although their garlic butter sauce is pretty good.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

Peter

Wed Aug 02, 2000 3:33 am

Papa John's has the best pizza.

lax2000

Wed Aug 02, 2000 4:51 am

My favorite pizza is "2 Boots" on Ave A and 3rd in NYC.

Yum Yum give me some....

Adam.

NKP S2

Wed Aug 02, 2000 7:58 am

Being from the NY area originally, I've been spoiled by "real" pizza, and so I have a marked disdain for any "chain" type pizza. It's OK as just food...sustainance...but authentic it's not. As FDX Mech pointed out, good Italian food is hard to come by outside the northeast and as transplanted northerner living "down south", Don't I know it! My first order of buisness upon visiting "up north" is usually to grab a coupla' slices of "real" pie.

desertjets

Wed Aug 02, 2000 8:14 am

Well I guess it is my job to vouch for Chicago Style Pizza, thick crusts, enough cheese to induce a heart attack on sight. I am not a fan of the chain pizza places. At my parents place there is a good local chain called Barro's, down here in Tucson I highly recomend Zachary's, Lou Malnati's from Chicago is excellent. Unfortunately Pizzeria Uno is now franchised all over the country... but still a good deep dish.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Wed Aug 02, 2000 9:37 am

Were lucky in Sydney that we have plenty of "real" pizza places and heaps of "gourmet" pizza places as well. And just about all of them home deliver.

Chain brand pizza is aboslutely revolting. In my suburb I get at least 15 fliers a month for "real" pizza places that home deliver.

mb (Domino's here is flogging an awful "Nacho Grande" pizza that looks revolting... eeewww.)

USAirways737

Dominos And Papa Johns

Wed Aug 02, 2000 10:40 am

Dominos for the thin crust and Papa Johns if im really hungry (reheated P.J. pizza gets pretty nasty, its all doughy). Since i live in the outskirts of my city PiZZa hut wont deliver to my house, oh well i dont like them anyway. Ill have to give Broadway Pizza a try.

flywithken

Wed Aug 02, 2000 3:20 pm

For all you fellow Papa John's lovers out there, go to http://papajohns.food.com/

You can order your pizza over the internet, have it ready to be picked up or if you live in the area of a P.J's they will deliver it to you.

mmmmmmmmm...I LOVE Papa Johns pizza

KEN

blink182

Thu Aug 03, 2000 5:33 am

there are a couple of other places in dallas that are both good and bad.
marco's, they are good but only take cash and their pizza is only good right when you get it,
campizi's is just awefull(my parents and everybody else loves it but i cannot stand it)
Rodolfo's is the only true italian pizza place that i can think of, and it is really an italian restaurant but they have the really big slice,thick dough and mouth watering cheese that after you have had 3 slices, your done, basically it is NY style.
blink182

blink182

Thu Aug 03, 2000 5:34 am

there are a couple of other places in dallas that are both good and bad.
marco's, they are good but only take cash and their pizza is only good right when you get it,
campizi's is just awefull(my parents and everybody else loves it but i cannot stand it)
Rodolfo's is the only true italian pizza place that i can think of, and it is really an italian restaurant but they have the really big slice,thick dough and mouth watering cheese that after you have had 3 slices, your done, basically it is NY style. and i must say the pizza is incredible!! I could use a slice right now.
blink182

Thu Aug 03, 2000 11:46 am

I like Pizza Huts Pan Pizza. Mmmmmm..... delicious.

lima

Thu Aug 03, 2000 12:16 pm

In Argentina you can probably eat one of the best artisanal pizza. There are thousands of independent shops that make pizza and deliver. The largest immigration group in this country is original from Italy.

Both Pizza Hut and Domino´s had to shut down in the country unable to compete with the local pizza operations and to attract local consumers.

VirginLover

Thu Aug 03, 2000 12:56 pm

Living on Long Island, I have a local pizza place on every corner, so I never use chains when I'm home. When I'm travelin the US, I usually have Pizza Hut, though "Bad Andy" from Domino's is awesome.

che

Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:47 am

papa johns sux!!! i like hungry howies, pizza hut is ok but the best pizza i've ever had is a place called Pizza by Roberts! a real small place here in cleveland

NO Papa Johns Here!

Fri Aug 04, 2000 10:38 am

Where I live there is no Papa Johns, but PJ pizza is pretty good. I got some on a recent trip to the mid-west...mmmm.... Here in Seattle I would probably have to go with Pizza Hut.

tupolev154b2

Fri Aug 04, 2000 10:54 am

Papa John's.

However, the best pizza around is the "real," authentic Italian pizza with the thinner crust and herbs and other "truly" Italian ingredients. IMO chain pizzas are just a quick and cheap alternative to those.

Tupolev154B2

Sat Aug 05, 2000 3:22 am

Well the owner/founder of Domino's is a Facist but the pizza is good. Pizza Hut is good. I don't think I've had PaPa John's. The pizza in NYC is CRAP!!! OMG, you always hear "oh pizza in NYC is the best!" Well let me tell you it SUCKS, I have been dissapointed over and over again and have yet to have decent pizza in NYC.

nwa man

Sat Aug 05, 2000 4:43 am

I forgot a few places with pizza buenisima...one chain place and one classic place.

Sbarro has excellent pizza! Their giant slices are great, and their thin crust pizza is also outstanding. You can find these in malls and at least one airport (MSP)...I've had it in Hawaii and DC too.

Leonardo's in NYC has tasty pizza, it's in Little Italy...the owners claim that it was the first place to use the brick oven for their pizza, and I think that they have mastered it.

NWA Man
Create your own luck.