Any Btcc Fans Out There

Sat Aug 12, 2000 1:32 pm

I love BTCC(British Touring Car Championship). I think that it is the most exiting type of racing next to WRC (World Rally Championship). The Ford Mondeos rule. I liked the Volvo S40's back in the day. Is there other BTCC fans out there.

Trvlr

RE: Any Btcc Fans Out There

Sat Aug 12, 2000 1:46 pm

I used to watch it all the time on my satellite TV provider, but now I can't find it anymore. I liked the the BTCC better than NASCAR here in the US because the cars weren't overly decorated and they were all recognizable.

Aaron G.

desertjets

Sat Aug 12, 2000 6:07 pm

I love the Touring Cars... they show the British and Austrailian series in the US on Speedvision. It is REAL stock car racing, not that crap NASCAR does now with fiberglass bodies made to look like a ford taurus!!!

I was/am still a fan of the Nissan team. Its amazing that they get 300+ BHP out of a 2.0 litre four cylinder engine.

They briefly tried a Super Touring series in the US which ran the day before the CART races. But after Dodge pulled out, they cancelled the series. It didn't catch on. But now Speedvision is covering and sponsoring a new touring car series. It is a battle of front drivers vs. rear drivers... BMW's vs. Acura's. it is great stuff to watch.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Sat Aug 12, 2000 6:42 pm

Yes the Speedvision GT and Touring Cars will be on tomorrow. Its too bad they will change the rules for the BTCC next year. They will have downgraded engines to 275hp and highly reduced Aero package. It will still kick ass dough.

desertjets

Sat Aug 12, 2000 7:06 pm

Actually reducing the engine output and specing out less advanced aero packages could be really good for competition. It allows for the independents and teams that don't have factory backings to be more competitive. Look at how Volvo, Nissan, and Audi (when they had a team) always won with their deep pockets.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

RE: MarAir2

Tue Aug 15, 2000 4:17 pm

You got banned again! I feel sorry for you...