Olympic A-340
Topic Author

Mercedes CLK-320

Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:04 am

Hey... my dad is thinking of getting a new car, and I keep telling him that the CLK320 is way better than say a Z3 M roadster... or even the E class. He really likes the BMW 528i, and the Mercedes E-320, but I want the CLK... i can pick up a lot of girls in that car lol   but really I think it is a cooler car!
Arrivederci

Trvlr

RE: Mercedes CLK-320

Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:12 am

My dad wants to get that car. I don't really want to because I think we would look overtly snobbish. I'd rather have an enclosed car for some reason.

On a side not, I saw a BMW Z8 (The one James Bond drove) parked today in San Diego! It was really cool.

Aaron G.

Ilyushin96M

Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:00 am

The CLK-320 is totally fabulous and amazingly curvaceous. Makes you wonder what old engineers at Daimler-Benz finally kicked the bucket to make way for some younger blood.  

A friend of mine is thinking of getting a CLK-430 (I think that's the V-8 powered version). I've seen a few on the road, and wouldn't mind one myself - it fits the type of image I'd feel comfortable portraying: established, racy and quick! But alas, no fundage for such a toy at this time in my life. Perhaps in a few years...

Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:38 am

My mom has a BMW-Z3, yellow, year 2000. It is sooo cool! I would suggest you get that one...it is so smooth while your riding, and I guess I prefer BMW's I guess. I think if you wanted to pick up chicks a beamer is best. I think of it this way: If your in a Benz, they think you are the country club type, and if you are in a BMW, they think are some cool, stylish person. I know this for a fact b/c alot of my female friends have told me this. I love gettign ot drive my moms BMW by myself! It is soooooooo cool! The one good thing about SD, you can drive when you are 14! I would go for the BMW...just my $0.02 worth.

Trvlr

Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:41 am

The CLK is looking kind of frumpy these days compared to some of the newer convertibles like the BMW 3, Z8, Audi TT and even the Jag XK8, even if they are not quite in the same class. I would rather have them redesign if before I would consider getting one (if I could drive and I had the cash, that is). It has been around for more than 2-3 years, hasn't it?

Personally, I would like one of those new Lexus IS200s... 

Aaron G.

Trvlr

Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:44 am

Derek H: In SD a Z3 may look cool, but in the overflowing with-cash California suburbs it makes you look like a poser!!! They are really so common among rich folk that it seems that if you get one there is no individualism attached to it. But then again, in SoCal there is too much traffic to drive really fast like you probably can in much of South Dakota anyway!

Aaron G.

flyf15

Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:20 pm

hehehe, I talked my parents into getting a Mercedes... get to drive it all of about 2 hours a year.