NJTurnpike
Topic Author

New Cable Channels

Mon Oct 02, 2000 10:27 am

[Caution: this post contains traces of non-non-aviation content]

This week I just gained an extra 33 channels on my digital cable service, including Discovery Wings and BBC America. From the moment they appeared on the channel menu, I was hooked. This evening on DW was the first US showing of BBC1's 'Airport' season 4, the behind-the-scenes series about Heathrow. There have been all sorts of goodies about the history of the Comet, 707, TU-144, every facet of aviation over the past 5 days since I started watching.

BBC America is great as I expected it would be. It's very cool to have 'EastEnders' episodes very close to the same ones being shown back in the UK. BlackAdder is on nearly every day, and the news is decent, _world_ news without the major insularity shown by the big US networks. Even the awful "But wait! Call in the next 5 minutes..." ads have a certain charm, although I can't figuure out why (I may have a problem...'Taplights', car wash kits and 60s / 70s soul CDs are beginning to look tempting to me).

Does anybody else have these channels, and if so, what's your opinion of them? Is there anything else worth watching?

~NJTurnpike

NJTurnpike
Topic Author

RE: New Cable Channels

Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:00 am

HOW is that bold title thing happening? I didn't mean it to...  

~NJTurnpike

DeltaRNOmd-80

Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:05 am

NJTurnpike, its a new feature, your posts show up in bold so they are easy to find, only to you though, no one else sees it as bold.

BA

Mon Oct 02, 2000 11:05 am

I do on Dish Network. Its a satelite provider.
http://www.dishnetwork.com
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran