adam777

Atlanta - My Home Town!

Wed Oct 04, 2000 8:46 pm

Hi everyone

This will be my only second message on this forum. It's pretty late (gosh - make that very late) as I have been excited and reading everyones posts. Lots of new aviation info for me and I have enjoyed it. I would like to know if there are any others in the Atlanta area and what suburb / area they live in an what the guys and gals think of where they live.

Favorite mall or shop, a nice park or their best spotting spot!

Adam
Adam smith adam.smith402@yahoo.com [url=http://www.nitrotek.se/]nitrotek[/url]

Greeneyes53787

RE: Atlanta - My Home Town!

Thu Oct 05, 2000 4:58 am

Adam, I live in Lexington KY--not too close to you. But I just wanted to tell you that Atlanta, to me, is the most wonderful city in the country.

GE

Skyteam

Adam777

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:02 am

ATLANTA is my hometown to!!!!! We moved down here to Florida shortly after I was born, But I go back to Atlanta a lot, Especially because my favorite airline Delta is based out of Atlanta.

Atlanta is the best city in the U.S. and is growing very very very rapidly.

Watch out New York!!!!!

SKYTEAM

Delta777-XXX

Thu Oct 05, 2000 6:16 am

Hey!

I live North of Atlanta. Cleveland or Helen Georgia; White County.

It's really pretty here. I'm sure that if you live in Atlanta, you've been here. Helen is a famous tourist town, and Cleveland is the home of Babyland general hospital.

We are in Atlanta all the time, I have family that lives in Forsyth (sp?) county.

Atlanta is a great city! It is a long long long way away from being the size of New York, and I hope it stays that way. Traffic is hell in Atlanta.

Where are you in the Atlanta area?

DeltaRNOmd-80

Thu Oct 05, 2000 8:43 am

I have been to atlanta, for 6 days only, but my aunt and uncle and cousins that live there took us to a lot of places. We went to Stone Mountain, which was neat. The only mall I went to there was Gwinnett Place Mall, in Duluth, thats where they live. I went fishing in the Chatahoochee river also. Atlanta has a great airport too. Atlanta is my second favorite city, second to Jacksonville. I wish they would make Waffle House's here in Nevada.

adam777

Thu Oct 05, 2000 10:43 am

Nice to see a few people around like Atlanta. I think its great. I live in Marietta.

I absolutely love the botanical gardens, always something to see and relaxing.

I do love going to the mini Grand Prix, thats great fun and another favorite has to be Sci Trek of course.

When downtown I love the undergrond markets to.

Thanks for your replys guys. (and yes I know the traffic is bad.. but oh gosh ya get used to it.)

Adam

johnboy

Thu Oct 05, 2000 11:51 am

Nice city, but really more of a good place to live than a place that has a lot of attractions for the out of towner. I don't hear of too many people saying, "Let's go to Atlanta for the weekend, honey", unless they really live in the sticks. I don't mean to knock ATL, but it's more of a business town, kind of like Dallas. To me, the two are almost interchangable.

adam777

Thu Oct 05, 2000 12:07 pm

Johboy

Home is where the heart is, isnt it? I think in any big citis you can find somthing interesting to do. Does it have to be a big attraction?

Let me show you the Atlanta that I love and adore and I think you will change your mind.

Adam (same would go for dallas too)

DeltaRNOmd-80

Thu Oct 05, 2000 1:00 pm

Johnboy, what places ARE full of attractions (besides Orlando and Las Vegas)? Every city has to have an economy, meaning business, to be a big city.

XFSUgimpLB41X

Fri Oct 06, 2000 7:52 am

I am from atlanta, at least until next friday. Ive lived in stone mountain all my life, we sold our house and lived in snellville since last fall. My rents are moving to tallahassee. I graduated from Greater Atlanta Christian and got my all my pilots lisences out of gwinnett up through my commercial multi-engine. Ever been on top of stone mountain at night?
Chicks dig winglets.

adam777

Fri Oct 06, 2000 10:12 am

I have! Many times, its beautiful up there.

Skyteam

Delta777-XXX

Sat Oct 07, 2000 10:51 am

Hiya, The Atlanta Metropolitan area currently has 3.5 Million people or more. Atlanta is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, and is going to Skyrocket!!!!! Now if the Braves would get rid of John Rocker we would be a lot better!!!!! Traffic is hell, But its gonna be bad in all big cities.

SKYTEAM

Peter

Sat Oct 07, 2000 11:57 am

I also live near Atlanta. I live in Marietta too. Atlanta is a great city with one of the best airports any where.

johnboy

Wed Oct 11, 2000 5:53 pm

Sorry, I just got back to this thread.

Really, I don't mean to knock ATL (damning by faint praise?), but Chicago, NYC, LA (yes Los Angeles), San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C. all strike me as places that have more character than Atlanta.

I've been to Atlanta. I've been to the airport, Buckhead, Midtown, Underground, Downtown, Stone Mountain. I'm not knocking it as a nice place to live, but to me it doesn't have it's own defining character. It doesn't have "charm".

It's just another big Sunbelt city with nice tall glass skyscrapers. It just happens to have a few more hills than Dallas or Houston. Charlotte seems to be well on its way to "charm extinction" also. Yes, it's a business town, and more power to them. Maybe that IS it's defining characteristic!

Louis

Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:12 am

Johnboy, I completely agree with you! Few cities in America -- the ones you mentioned as well as Philadelphia, Miami, Honolulu and Baltimore -- and only two in Canada -- Montreal and Quebec -- have that kind of charm and character. I guess it comes with age and those cities are generally older than the rest. Granted, I haven't been back to Atlanta in over 10 years, so I have no idea what it's like now. I've heard that it's really expanded and grown into an international business center. Still, it probably doesn't have the charm of NY, Montreal or L.A. But I guess it depends on what you look for...