Introducing Law-Boy

Fri Oct 06, 2000 9:46 pm

Hi Boys & Girls.

This is Law-Boy from balmy Sydey, Australia, where we are all in a depressive state following the end of the Olympic Games - the most generous ever gift to Oz.

The greatest up-shoot of the Games is the record-breaking air traffic over Sydney - the most fun a plane-spotter could ever imagine.

I've been watching the site for a while, and am compelled to get involved. Not only do you guys know your aviation, but your non-aviation discussions are enthralling.

Talk to you soon!

Law-Boy.

steman

RE: Introducing Law-Boy

Fri Oct 06, 2000 9:52 pm

Oh NO!!!!
Another Aussie boy!!!!!!
How many are you?
Ok, ok, I'll try to be polite: welcome to airliners.net!!!!

(Hey, it's all a joke!!!)

Ciao

Stefano (probably the only Italian posting something every day)

Fri Oct 06, 2000 10:02 pm

Caro Stefano

Grazie - Il mio Italiano non e multo bene, ma vorrei provare!

Ciao'

law_boy

steman

Fri Oct 06, 2000 10:05 pm

Wow,
don't tell me your parents or grandparents are Italians!!!!
Your Italian is very good.
I'm happy you're here, so begin to tell us your thoughts abaout aviation and non.

Ciao

Stefano

Ilyushin96M

Fri Oct 06, 2000 11:51 pm

Hey Law_boy, welcome! I see you've already met my friend Stefano.   Nice to read you're attached at the hip to the esteemed Mx5_boy...I bet he's a handful. Heheheh.

Glad to have you aboard!

Cheers!

Britt Saunders, aka Ilyushin96M

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Paul Dopson

adam777

Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:46 am

Hi from Adam.

I am new hear to. Hope we can get together on a forum and help each other as newies.

Gosh I hope I put that ok

adam
Adam smith adam.smith402@yahoo.com [url=http://www.nitrotek.se/]nitrotek[/url]

Sat Oct 07, 2000 3:48 am

Welcome aboard law-boy. I'm sure you're gonna get addicted to this site very quickly, like all of us!  

Hey Adam, that sounded hot LOL  

Nicolas Bourbillon
Montreal, Canada

Sun Oct 08, 2000 9:52 am

Hey Guys!

Just a note to thank everyone for their kind welcome.

Particularly:

STEFANO - Regrettably I have no italian heritage to boast about, although my parents are holidaying in Tuscanny as we speak. My mother was thrilled at successfully ordering six slices of cooked ham in the village delicatessen, but was later devestated when she got potato salad instead of extra tomato in her salad at a restaurant in Florence. My father thinks he has died and gone to heaven in terms of the traffic - he loves the way Italians drive and park (comes from being a Sydneysider I think). I appreciate your comments on my Italian, but can assure you it is pretty rudimentary. My specialties are French and German, which were double major in my BA. Perhaps NICOLAKI from Montreal would get more sense out of me. Anyway, thanks for your post, and thanks also NIKOLAKI.

ADAM - Thanks for your sweet invitation to be Newies together. It sounds like fun, but I'll have to check with the other half first, now that NIKOLAKI has spread the word that you're a bit hot there could be jealousy!

ILYUSHIN96M - Thanks for your words, and yes MX5-Boy is very much a handful. Best tip for dealing with him if he gets a bit feisty? Throw him a bottle of Cinzano and a packet of smokes and leave him to his own devices for a bit.

So thanks everyone - now I feel welcome I might start to contribute here and there (toe in the water stuff).

Law-Boy

Trvlr

Sun Oct 08, 2000 10:52 am

Welcome Law_boy. I hope you become a insightful contributor to our discussions (now that sounded flat, didn't it? ). Have a good time talking about aviation and otherwise then.

Aaron G.

Sun Oct 08, 2000 2:22 pm

Airliners.net e Bellisimo! (imagine kiss with hand motion from mouth to air).

Welcome,
russ