Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sn330
Topic Author

Help With The Opposite Sex

Sun Oct 15, 2000 9:14 am

Okay, does anybody have any tips for me? I asked a girl, who I really really want to be more than friends with, to my school's homecoming. She said yes, but only as friends (Then again, rather be friends than enemies). I am not sure if she knows I like her or not, and she has a boyfriend, in San Antonio (I am in Dallas), and she is only 15. First of all, how serious can they really be, especially at 15, and how do I win her over without making a complete fool out of myself?

RE: Help With The Opposite Sex

Sun Oct 15, 2000 9:35 am

If she has a boyfriend forget it... thats the best thing to do.

Matt D

Sun Oct 15, 2000 9:39 am

Do you really think that an Internet airliners site is the best place to go scavenging for this kind of advice? 

Mr.BA

Sun Oct 15, 2000 10:06 am

I agree with Nicolaki... if she has a boyfriend, you can seriously forget it...

Alvin

sn330
Topic Author

Mon Oct 16, 2000 2:21 am

However, I just found out, after I posted it, that this "Boyfriend" is a 20+year old guy that worked at a camp that she, and the rest of her grade went to.
Matt D-
I completely agree with you, as this was/is my last resort!

blink182

Mon Oct 16, 2000 4:25 am

get her drunk and if she says she has a boyfriend and likes her more than you! dump her!
I'm just joking! seriously, i really dunno.
blink182
(so I know this might be deleted )

blink182

RE:oops!

Mon Oct 16, 2000 4:27 am

I meant if she says she likes him(not here!)
blink182

AC_A340

Mon Oct 16, 2000 7:34 am

Stay as "friends". She's bound to realize that she can't handle a long distance relationship at her age and voila, you're already in the mix...

Mon Oct 16, 2000 8:32 am

Don't rush, become really good friends with her and if the two of them break up wait a week or two and then ask her out. Just wait, your time will come

AerLingus

Mon Oct 16, 2000 10:03 am

Be friends, get to know her.
Who knows.....until she breaks up with him (if she does) you may find that she's not all you had thought.
That happened to me.
I waited two years to ask out a girl I knew, I realised that she wasn't the kind of person I liked after all.
Good flights (and good luck),
AerLingus

chris28_17

Tue Oct 17, 2000 7:54 am

The last 3 posts are right on Sn330.

My uncle once used an analogy about this situation to me. You are like the patient Hunter. You take the shot, and then as the deer (or whatever) darts off, you take your time and follow the blood trail. It could take 5 minutes or 5 hours but you dont quit until you've found it....

Likewise with a girl, even though she has another man, you plant that tiny seed in her mind that you are available and you dont ever quit trying to "impress" her, or just being really nice. It takes time very very often but i've found in my own life (and my uncle, damn he's good at this thing) that it works. If you really like a girl, she'll eventually come around.

()-)

good luck
CHRIS

desertjets

Tue Oct 17, 2000 8:28 am

That is all fine and dandy, and true. But WAITING SUCKS!!!!

I wouldn't give it much time with this girl and her boyfriend. Especially if her parents find out the boyfriend is 20+. Personally I think this guy should be taken out back and have a little sense knocked into him.

Go to Homecoming as friends, have fun, and see what happens. Long-distance relationships don't do too well at that age (do they at any age) and the older bf will get bored too (sick bastard).

chris28_17

One More Thing...

Tue Oct 17, 2000 8:45 am

Oh yeah i forgot. What Desertjets said is right... what a sick bastard that guy must be.

Usually a girl that goes for that type of guy is not very mature or intellegent and prolly has got a self-esteem problem. In high school i tended to stay away from girls like that and im glad that i did. I saw many of my 15 year old friends (girls) that got thier life sckrewed by older guys like that.

By the way, let that be a lesson to you girls in here (wherever the few of you may be).  

CHRIS
aka: ladies man ()-)

Tue Oct 17, 2000 9:36 am

Aloha!
Well here's a little advise from me. 9-P
Don't get me wrong, she might be telling you the truth, but I've had many an experience where the girl has said to either me or a friend of mine that she has an older boyfriend in another school/city/state. And sooner or later I find out that it was a lie meant to put me or anyone else in earshot off the idea of going out.

From my standpoint, it looks like this girl right now doesn't feel like starting a relationship with a person she barely knows. Yeah you might talk to her all the time in class, but she doesn't know how you would be in a relationship. Often, we are two different people between our school and personal life. So maybe by saying that she'll only go as friends, she's uning to opportunity to examine your potential as a boyfriend.
If you impress her enough, she'll take the hint and eventually hook up with you. If she's not impressed, she'll only stay your friend.

Something you need to know about the women of today. They know WAY too much about guys. They read "teen love" books with insights as to what a guy is thinking and trying to accomplish with every word, how to tell if a guy is hitting on you or not, etc, etc.
So she'll KNOW if you're trying to impress her, if she's smart. so, my best advise to you is-
BE YOURSELF!

Don't fake anything, don't decieve or lie, she'll pick up on that in a heartbeat and it will isntantly turn her off. On the other hand, don't be confused with what is real and what is fake. If you start chatting with her and become much more motivated and excited when you talk, that is REAL. When bein in the presence of one that you love, there is an energy force that passes from her body into yours, and is felt as excitement, filling you with stange emotions that will express themselves when you are near that person. It's real.
But don't be somone you're not. Be real, man.  

And if she doesn't like who you really are, then forget about her. I know! It's easier said than done! But really, if she doesn't like you for who you are, give her up, don't waste your life pretending to be someone your not, just to win HER. Your perfect match is out there somewhere.

On the other hand, her boyfriend might actually exist. If he does, be very, very careful. But I have to disagree with the above suggestions to forget about her if she really DOES have a B/F. Still try and impress her, and eventually she might come around. I mean eventaully a long-distance relationship is bound to dissolve, the other person is not there to fill her up with the love she needs, and soon she'll look for love more clost to home. Be sure you're the first on her doorstep.

BUT A WORD OF WARNING, IF THIS "BOYFRIEND" DOES EXIST, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TRY AND PURSUADE HER TO BREAK UP WITH HIM, THIS IS AN INSTANT TURN OFF AND MAKES YOU OUT TO BE A SELF-CENTERED JERK!!! DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU!!

Just a fair warning.
Good luck to you, please take my advise. 8-)

SOUTHPACIFIC

Superfly

Tue Oct 17, 2000 11:05 am

First of all, you've gotta have game!  
Take it from me because I am a Real Playa! D

I've read your profile and you seem to have some pretty interesting hobbies for a teenager.
You may want to expose her to some of your hobbies such as aviation and hocky. Both are very male dominated interest but women are facinated by it. I bet a lot of guys at your high school aren't into all those things, so that makes you unique. You're not like the other guys that just wants one thing. 
Going as friends may be a good idea. Eventually you two will spend time alone together. If not on Homecoming night, some time in the future you will. In fact don't even expect anything on Homecoming night because her parents will be expecting her home at a certian time. Besides, Homecomings are such a controlled enviornment! Thats why I only went once.
You got to meet up somewhare away from other folks and just end up at your house when no one is home. Say you forgot something at home and you need to get it real quick.
Or arrange a time to meet up and say others will be there like a buddy or a sister/brother or other family member and when the time comes, say they flaked-out and you two go on about your business. That always worked for me in high school. Show her your jets and explain engine thrust. Women love thrust! 

I say good luck and always use protection!  
I'll be back tomorrow!

AerLingus

Tue Oct 17, 2000 11:19 am

As a wise and kindred intellect (Dave Barry) wrote, the fate of humanity rests on the successful pickup line....
Good Flights,
AerLingus

sn330
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2000 1:24 am

Thanks guys, but what I was trying to imply about the 20+ year old "boyfriend" was that it was only a crush, that everbody else in her grade has on the guy too.
Thanks, this has really been a big help, as I know next to nothing about girls, being in an allboy school since 1st grade. If anybody is interested in what happened, email me or I will just post it. Don't hold your breath, though, as homecoming is two weeks away.

XFSUgimpLB41X

Wed Oct 18, 2000 6:02 am

Ok i am saying this all without reading any of the other posts because i have to head out to class... basically dont come on too strong and be a good friend to her and as sweet as you can. I cannot emphasize enough not coming on too strong. I promise i have screwed up sooooo many times making it too obvious that i like a girl. Be a mystery is the way one girl told me..and those long distance things wont last..especially at 15. There you have it..Denny's humble advice. Good luck man.

RealHigh

Wed Oct 18, 2000 10:05 am

Try some of these pick-up lines.

"Love, Its a mountian that every man must learn to climb. And I've reached my highest ground if you were mine"

or

"One the day that you were born the Angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true. Just like me, they long to be, close to you."

or

I just like to please, dont like to tease, I am easy like that. Dont like no mess, I must confess I am an impatient cat"

or

Hey baby ita a quarter to 8, I think I am in the mood! Hey baby, the hour is late, I feel I've got to groove".

If you really think these lines are going to work, more power to you!  

RealHigh

Thu Oct 19, 2000 9:40 am

I forgot to say, best of luck kid!  

sn330
Topic Author

Thu Oct 19, 2000 11:10 am

Thanks alot to everybody who contributed.

Superfly

Sat Oct 28, 2000 5:06 am

Hey guy, how did it go?

Any luck? Did you try using any of my techniques?

sn330
Topic Author

Sun Oct 29, 2000 6:25 am

Actually, it is tonight, so you will find out how it went tomorrow.

Mon Oct 30, 2000 2:20 am

How did it go????

RealHigh

Mon Oct 30, 2000 7:56 am

Did you get any?

sn330
Topic Author

Mon Oct 30, 2000 11:48 am

RealHigh-
I wish I did, but in general I think I made some strides in winning her over. On the bus back, I kept on complimenting her, and when I put my arm around her, she didn't try to push it off, so I think it was a success.

sn330
Topic Author

Mon Oct 30, 2000 11:52 am

I wanted to get more than just an arm around her, since she looked so freaking hot in her dress, and one of my friends told me, in front of her face to put my hand on her ass, to which i replied he was a pervert (hey, i really wanted to it, but, I made him seem like the jerk, rather than me). Being the gentleman I am, though, I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, so that is why I didn't take it any further, BUT, I still can't get her out of my head.