When planning website promotion, one should be aware of these points:
- Most search engines simply ignore META tags, coz of their big potential to be misused
- Anyway, in META tags try not to repeat the same words many times, as search engines will punish your ranking
- Some search engines pay much attention to first 150 words of your main webpage, so u'd want to make them descrbing your site well... Having a left side navigation bar (if you're using TABLEs to layout yer site) should contain key sections of your site
- Do not repedeatly submit your URLs to search engines - they'll consider them spam. Leave like month or so between submissions.
- Note that you should not expect good rankings in search engines if your site is hosted at one of the FREE webspace providers (e.g. Angelfire, Tripod, Crosswinds, etc).