Who Actually Thinks Gore Will Win?

Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:33 pm

I've noticed that a lot of Bush supports are now admiting defeat to Gore on this forum, for whatever reasons. I find this very interesting, because over here in Washington, Bush's chances don't look that grim. So here is my question... how many Bush supporters actually think that Gore will win this election?

RE: Who Actually Thinks Gore Will Win?

Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:36 pm

Not me.

GO BUSH

Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:46 pm

Although Bush DID lose here in the Great State of Washington (would be even greater if it wasn't filled with so many dems), I think he will remain the winner of Florida, and, thus, the 43rd President of the United States.

Go Slade Gorton!!

Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:58 pm

Oh give up on Slade, he's already on his way back to the grave.

Thu Nov 09, 2000 1:01 pm

Hey- he still has at least 6 more years in him. He'd be much better in the Senate than new-comer millionaire (oh no!) Maria Cantwell. Slades going to win it.

woody

Thu Nov 09, 2000 2:03 pm

I think that I speak for many people when I say this: you should be happy that everyone doesn't think the same. Imagine what a dull place this would be. Plus both parties have good things about them and bad things about them. Just be glad that we have the right to vote, that's how the American people use the power that we have. And for the people that didn't vote and could've. You had the chance to vote and you didn't so DON'T COMPLAIN!!!! And don't complain about your vote not counting, in this election every vote counted and that's how it should be, makes the democratic process work!

Greeneyes53787

Fri Nov 10, 2000 9:52 am

My thoughts are that ultimately Bush will win. We cannot really tell yet. The margin seems small now but other things are going on that could put Bush in the White House.

Even though he seems not to have won the state of Pennsilvania he might win the house on Pennsilvania (Ave). Several states are continuing to report an interesting trend. The continued vote counting in Iowa, New Mexico, California and even other states has been yieilding a Bush trend. The popular vote is drawing closer for a Bush majority. The Iowa and Oregon count might give Bush those states.

We haven't heard much about Michigan, and nothing about Pennsilvania- but perhaps those states will surprise us with a turn around.

But I am willing to admit that this election seems much closer than I imagined.

G

N312RC

Fri Nov 10, 2000 11:15 am

Even though Bush lost in The Great State Of Michigan, I Believe it will be BUSH ALL THE WAY BABY!
N/A

Fri Nov 10, 2000 11:17 am

You guys aren't reading my question 

tbar220

Fri Nov 10, 2000 12:28 pm

Did you actually think people would read your question? You were asking for responses like this when you posted your topic!  

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Fri Nov 10, 2000 12:37 pm

Well I was hoping someone would give me the answer I wanted to hear!

Matt D

Woody

Fri Nov 10, 2000 11:43 pm

Are you suggesting that the constant bickering is better than bordeom?
I don't disagree with your assessment, but I'd rather have peace.
But that's just me and that's a pipe dream.

RE: A Gore Win May Be A Blessing For Bush

Fri Nov 10, 2000 11:54 pm

I voted for George Bush but the more ridicuous this whole election is getting the more I'm thinking maybe in the long term it would be better if Gore won and here's why;

1) Regardless of who is the next president is, this country is so divided as to who should be the next president that it will be very difficult to "mend the fences" with those that didn't support him.

2) I feel that the country is starting to head for a much slower economic period, not as bad as it was 10 years ago, but certainly bad enough to have people start pointing the finger at the man in the White House (even if it isn't necessarily his fault)

3) If Bush was president, you would have both a Republican president and a Republican Congress which could mean disaster is any of the previous things I've mentioned come to fruition. Just look what happened in 1994 when many of the incumbent Democrats (including the Speaker of the House) were booted out of office since they seemed to piss off so many Americans with their tax and spend agenda led by the "Head Democrat", Bill Clinton.