Male Pregnancy?

Sat Nov 11, 2000 8:44 am

What do all the guys out there think of Male Pregnancy? According to recent reports from a couple of medical journals, men should be able to conceive and have children very soon this century.

With advancements in hormones, invitro and synthetics it is said that it will be possible in a few years. I don't know why this is being pursued, but would any of you guys want to be pregnant?

mb

RE: Male Pregnancy?

Sat Nov 11, 2000 8:46 am

Appalling.

Sat Nov 11, 2000 8:54 am

Can I leave my answer to this question to my good buddies from Monty Python?

TWFirst

Sat Nov 11, 2000 9:10 am

Men would not carry the baby. A surrogate mother would still be needed. The research concerns the possibility of two men being able to conceive a baby using sperm from one man and an "egg" created from the cell of another man.

I'm sure many people will not be able to even ponder such an advancement because it's "just too weird."

I think the concept is really interesting.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

sn330

Sat Nov 11, 2000 10:16 am

In Stephen Baxter's book "Titan", which takes place in the future, he predicts that males will be able to carry a fetus full term, with, of course the needed anatomical adjustments, and deliver it healthy.

AerLingus

Sat Nov 11, 2000 10:27 am

My God that is odd.
I don't like it.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

Sat Nov 11, 2000 10:30 am

The article I read was more concerned with the father carrying the baby instead of mother. In cases where the female cannot possibly conceive or carry. The father would then take over the role much like a surrogate.

I think it would be great for those couples who have a demanding desire to have their own babies but otherwise couldn't, clearly without the use of a surrogute mother.

As for 2 men wanting to have children, I don't really have a problem with that, but it begs certain social and ethical questions that may be a little too distasteful for many.

On that note I would rather see a happy gay couple bringing up a child that is loved and revered than a disfunctional, bad and abusive straight couple bring up a child that was not wanted, in the environment of drugs and abuse.

mb

Lindy

Sat Nov 11, 2000 10:54 am

People spending milions of $$$ on this stupid things! Thats so stupid. Maybe they should make square circles, thats something equal to male pregnancy!

They should spend those money on homless people, or do something so blind people can see, but they want to waist more money on this bull shit!

Thats my comment
Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Trvlr

Sat Nov 11, 2000 10:55 am

Well I certainly wouldn't want to get pregnant.

Aaron G.

Sat Nov 11, 2000 12:01 pm

Nope, Not me

CPDC10-30

Sat Nov 11, 2000 1:56 pm

Mx5_boy...my boyfriend keeps pushing me but I want to wait until I'm older to have kids  

As long as the baby develops normally, I think it is a credible idea. I don't think I'd be interested though, but that might change.

Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:02 pm

There are certain things Man needs to let be and stop messing with, and this is one of them.

Sun Nov 12, 2000 2:46 am

Another question about this: even if it did work and a man became pregnant, once 9 months rolls around, where would it come out? Neither male orophice below the waist can stretch enough (not that I know from experience, it is a fact they can't). They would need to do a cesarean.

I am against this. Guys do not have children. That's part of the beauty of being a guy!

Sun Nov 12, 2000 4:44 pm

Men having babies!!! That would act as the perfect contraceptive. there wouldn't be another one.

OO-VEG

Sun Nov 12, 2000 6:57 pm

Oh no please not.
And by the way. What is the use of men having children???? That is such stupid idea....

Sun Nov 12, 2000 7:41 pm

Oh my goodnesss,"NOOO!!"

I would not want to get pregnant.Imagine your kid calling you "momma" and your wife "dadda"   .

Gundu

Sun Nov 12, 2000 8:24 pm

Please, GUNDU, your kid will learn..hehe..that the female is supposed to be called "momma" and the male is "dadda"..it's the same except for the fact the person who gave birth to the kid is a male.. 

Sun Nov 12, 2000 8:35 pm

Windsong,

*yay*

mb (*loves you*)

oxygen

Sun Nov 12, 2000 11:19 pm

EQUALITY!!!!!
That's what people are aiming at. Now women have one more reason for not being a housewife. Now it seems that role of men and women in a family can be switched 'totally'.

Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:34 am

MX5

lol  

nwa man

Mon Nov 13, 2000 7:07 am

To add to N766AS's statement, it's both appalling AND disturbing. There's just some things that aren't meant for men, and hopefully won't happen in the future.

N-Dub
Create your own luck.

Louis

Mon Nov 13, 2000 8:04 am

Ever seen the movie Rabit Test?

Mon Nov 13, 2000 8:07 am

< whispers> Relax guys, it isn't going to happen...really.

Mon Nov 13, 2000 8:14 am

I saw Rabbit Test, it was with Joan Rivers, made in the 70's.

Aussiemite

Mon Nov 13, 2000 2:21 pm

Thats crazy talk even if I could become pregnant I cant see myself wanting to.. har har thats a womans job hehehehehahahhahah

AerLingus

Mon Nov 13, 2000 2:41 pm

How the heck does a man concieve a baby?
Are we talking about those guys who had 'work' done so they could look like women, plumbing and all?
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

Mon Nov 13, 2000 4:18 pm

AerLingus,

I don't think they would be wasting so much money on research just so that transexuals could have babies. Its more to do with men having the ability to carry a baby full term instead of a woman.

As in the cases mentioned about. Although wouldn't it be the unltimate for transexuals to have the ability to concieve and have children?

Perhaps one day you will be able to wake up in the morning and "Zzzzzzap!" you can pick your gender for the day.. What a confusing world that would be!

mb

AC_A340

Tue Nov 14, 2000 9:32 am

All you guys should watch the movie "Junior" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger(sp?).

The thought of this is somewhat disturbing. There are certain things that man, (the species) should not do. Altering the natural course of reproduction even more so is one of them. This raises a lot of red flags. Both morally, ethically, and physically. I honestly do not see the point in this. Men were not meant to carry children. I'm all for equality and everything, but if men were supposed to carry babies, we would've evolved to do so. All I know is, I wouldn't do it. Can you imagine a guy waking up in the middle of the night craving pickles and ice cream?

Nice comment about the square circles Lindy