Rai

I Love You!

Mon Nov 27, 2000 11:58 am

Wednesday, Nov 22, 2000, 10:56 am EST

Americans say "I love you" the most: survey
Agence France-Presse

-----------------------------

WASHINGTON - Americans are more likely than people in other countries to say "I love you," but are not very knowledgeable about their spouses` sexual fantasies, according to results of a global poll released Tuesday.

The findings come from the Planet Project poll conducted on the Internet based on responses of more than 93,000 people around the world.

Americans were the most likely to say, "I love you," with nearly three quarters of them saying it at least once a day.

The least likely were in China, where only 15 percent said they used the phrase of affection daily. Around the world, seven out of 10 women say "I love you," compared to only six out of 10 men.

"The findings on marriage give us a fascinating snapshot of both how much we remain a very diverse planet and of how much we share," said Gordon Black, chief executive of Harris Interactive, which analyzed the data for the Planet Project.

"There are numerous questions where, regardless of the country, men`s and women`s answers track very closely, and then some where it seems our preconceptions of typical cultural values are challenged."

The survey also found that less than a third of American men said they knew their spouses` sexual fantasies. In responses drawn from the 32 countries with the highest responses, American men ranked third from the bottom when asked the question, "Do you know the sexual fantasies of your spouse?" US women ranked near the middle.

India ranked highest in the poll with nearly two-thirds of the men who took the poll saying they knew their wives` sexual fantasies.

The survey on a variety of topics was due to end November 18 but was extended to December 7. It was conceived by 3Com Corp. and is supported by several other big technology companies including AT and T and Sun Microsystems.

Among other findings in questions about love, sex and marriage: When asked what they would most like to change about their partners, most women chose financial status and most men chose sexual ability. Only 1.8 percent said they would change their partner`s intelligence.

Among married people, there was a wide difference of opinion on whether it is acceptable to have children outside of marriage. Nine out of 10 Austrians approved, followed closely by respondents in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. In India, only 20 percent of the respondents approved.

The survey also showed a wide difference of opinion on whether marriage should be for the rest of one`s life. Overall, six out of 10 of those polled said it was. Topping the list by country was Anguilla, where nearly 70 percent of those polled said it was forever, followed by the United States, South Africa and India. People were most likely to disagree in Brazil where fewer than one in 10 said marriage was forever.

RE: I Love You!

Mon Nov 27, 2000 12:10 pm

Urm.......are you gay?No offense,but the topic is wrong.

Gundu

Rai

Mon Nov 27, 2000 12:19 pm

The topic reads just fine. Maybe it's a mistake on your end, kiddo.

matrix

Mon Nov 27, 2000 2:31 pm

How did sexual orientation come into the conversation?

Sorry Gundu.. I agree with Rai and think the one who is mistaken is you.

Interesting survey!

Regards,
Matrix

Mon Nov 27, 2000 2:33 pm

Hehehehe yes Ok i admit  

Gundu

CPDC10-30

Mon Nov 27, 2000 3:00 pm

Gundu I remember that you were questioning your own orientation too   This topic has nothing to do with homosexuality, but has everything to do with the differences in spousal relationships amoung different countries.

Mon Nov 27, 2000 5:10 pm

But is it as fake as "Have a nice day!"

mb

Adam84

Mx5_boy

Tue Nov 28, 2000 2:11 am

Exactly, probably the reason americans say it more is because we have forgotten the meaning of it or use it too loosely. Some of the people I have gone out with have scared me away by saying I love you like the day after I met them.

LH423

Tue Nov 28, 2000 11:39 am

I love you all 

Just kidding. I place high esteem with those three words. I don't think it is something to take lightly. I think that the meaning must be behind it when saying words that can affect other people. You don't need to feel anything when saying "I think I'll go for a walk, because this is not affecting anyone, but to say "I love you" can have a profound affect on people.

Don't say it, if you don't mean it!!!

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry