USAFHummer
Topic Author

Question For Toronto Residents

Fri Dec 01, 2000 9:54 pm

Hi all,

My family and I are taking a week-end trip to Toronto in two weeks and I was wondering what there is to do there, I have been there before, but my mom hasn't.

The places I have been to:
CN Tower
Skydome
Hockey Hall of Fame

What else is there to do??

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Is there good spotting at YYZ, I know a spot next to the airport fence, but you can't see the planes physically touch down-is there a spotting area where this can be done?
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

AC_A340

RE: Question For Toronto Residents

Fri Dec 01, 2000 10:40 pm

I'm not from Toronto but I've been there numerous times.

Check out the Ontario Science Museum (It is awesome, you'd really like it and it's cheap, like $5 for the whole day)

Catch a Leafs game at the new Air Canada Center.

I know of many more things to do in the summer.

As for spotting, is the parkade at T1 still open? If it is, that's a good spot.

L-188

Fri Dec 01, 2000 10:56 pm

Add filing a paternity lawsuit against the mayor to that list....he..he..he..
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

CPDC10-30

Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:04 am

You are unlikely to get leafs ducats for less than $100 a pop these days...scalpers are the only option since the single game tickets always sell out in minutes. Check to see if there are any Raptors games...just as much excitement and much cheaper...my opinion at least.

AC_A340 is right about the Ontario Science Centre...espescially great for kids but fun for all ages. If your mom (or you) is into art, there's the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) which usually has impressive collections. For dining, the options are pretty good....try Greek food on the Danforth and Chinese on Spadina. I doubt you'd want to be spotting near Pearson in the winter, no matter what aircraft you are looking for.

If you've got any questions let me know. I can see the Eaton Centre from my window  

fly_yhm

Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:51 am

Go to Speakers corner at queen and john big tv studion with much music and stuff like that.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

USAFHummer
Topic Author

Sat Dec 02, 2000 3:12 am

Weather isn't a factor for me, as I have good cold resistance. The spot I used on my three other trips was next to the airport travelodge (where I stayed with my group).

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

polaris

Sat Dec 02, 2000 3:28 am

For everything you want to know about Toronto, try www.toronto.com

For plane-spotting, where you see them touch down on runway 23, try the Boeing parking lot on Airport Road north of Orlando Drive (almost right across the street from the TD Bank, Wendy's "Restaurant" and Petro-Canada...or try the Wendy's parking lot.) Money, burgers, gas