Time for the Monty Python lines then..
- Yeah, all right, Stan. Don't label the point. And what have they [the Romans] ever given us in return?
- The aquaduct?
- The aquaduct.
- Oh yeah, yeah. They did give us that. That's true, yeah.
- And sanitation.
- Oh yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like.
- Yeah, all right, I'll grant you the aquaduct , the santation are two things the Romans have done...
- And the roads.
- Well, yeah. Obviously the roads, I mean the roads go without saying, don't they? But apart from the sanitation, the aquaduct, and the roads...
- Yeah, yeah, all right. Fair enough...
- And the wine.
- Oh, yeah
- Yeah. Yeah, That's something that we'd really miss, if the Romans left, huh.
- Public baths.
- And it's safe to walk the in streets at night now
- Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it, the only ones who could in a place like this.
- Huhuhuh. Huhuhuhuhuh.
- All right. But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health... What have the Romans ever done for us?
- Brought peace?
- Oh, peace! Shaddup.
Says it all really