What's Your Favourite Home Cooked Meal?

Sat Dec 30, 2000 4:35 pm

Hey guys,

Since it's the time of goodwill to all and of feasting, what's your favourite home cooked meal? (As in what mum or dad makes.)

Mine would have to be my mums Roat Pork, with crispy and light pork crackling, perfect baked potatoes, crispy snow peas, gravy and apple sauce.

Second favourite would have to be my mum's 5 spice chicken stir fry that she used to make in the 80's with gorgeous fried rice. To this day I cannot replicate it.

Cheers!

mb

LH423

RE: What's Your Favourite Home Cooked Meal?

Sun Dec 31, 2000 1:31 am

MMMMM! WOW, this is a historic post. Something me and Mx5_boy can actually agree on 

Personally my favourite is a roast beef my mother makes. It perfectly flavoured with the right spices, and usually accompanied by mashed potatoes and your garden variety of veggies, and a salad!

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

steman

Sun Dec 31, 2000 2:28 am

Hi Guys,
As I live in Rome, Italy, I would say my favourite is my Mom's Pasta al Ragu' but I also like very much when she cooks some special dishes of her origin land: Umbria, in the center of Italy.

Ciao

Stefano

Accidentally

Sun Dec 31, 2000 2:40 am

Roat Pork?
Indianapolis, IN

Sun Dec 31, 2000 12:54 pm

Mine would have to be by my grandma. She makes real home cooking, living on the farm and all, only the freshest ingred. are put in. I love her pot roast, whipped potatotes, not mashed, home made gravy from the juices off the roast, fresh sweet corn on the cob, and to top it all off, home made apple pie (apples off her trees!), and home made vanilla ice cream for ontop of the pie....ahhhh.....my mouth is already watering....

iflycoach

Sun Dec 31, 2000 3:01 pm

Souther Fried Chicken Mashed Taters with Country Gravy, Corn on the cob with butter dripping off, and some green beans on the side!

Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:29 am

Chicken or Beef curry (japanese/chinese style) which I make myself. It's slices of chicken or beef in a mild or medium spicy curry sauce with vegetables mixed in (carrots, celery, potatoes). You serve it hot over steamed white rice and top it with the following condiments of your choice: Scallions, Shredded Coconut, chopped hard boiled egg, sliced almonds, white raisins or (as my mom really likes with it) mango chutney. I like to sprinkle the scallions (green onions), coconut and chopped hard boiled egg over it. DELICIOUS. The mix of flavors from the curry with the sweet of the coconut and the flavor of the green onions is sooooo good. LOVE IT.