Left Behind

Wed Jan 10, 2001 12:34 pm

Has anyone else read the book or books in the Left Behind series? Has anyone seen Left Behind: The Movie?

I'd like to hear from any other folks who have.

Up, up and away!

RE: Left Behind

Wed Jan 10, 2001 3:01 pm

Ya know, I met the author a couple of years ago, but I haven't got around to reading the books. I have heard they are pretty good though...

RE: Left Behind

Thu Jan 11, 2001 7:46 am

Tim LaHay is a serious man with perspectives on the eskatos that are not mine. He writes well. When I was a boy I'd ride my bike past his church, Scott Memorial Baptist, often. I heard good things about this church but I thought of it as an elitist one. I never wanted to dress up enough for them to like me attending that church. Since then David Jeremiah became the pastor and I saw a great transformation in the church. Jeremiah is a humble servant that knows that "status" is not important within a house of worship.

But as to these books, my wife gave me a full set. I have difficulty reading them because they are all follow-ons of the first (I believe) which is based on assumptions I do not have.

Scripture seems to be telling us that there will be a second coming of Christ which is the same as the "rapture," not another event. From there the Bible tells us more (or less depending on perspective).

If anyone here is inetersted in talking further I'll join in. Otherwise I'm just spinning my wheels.