Who Is The Most Hated Person Of Last Century?

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:14 pm

Who do you think is the most hated person of last century? 1900 to 2000.

Here are my suggestions:

Pol Pot
Adolf Hitler (Obviously)
Salman Rushdie
Stalin
Margaret Thatcher
Ronald Raegan
Ayatola Homenny (sp?)
Sadam Hussein
Ferdinand Marcos
General Franco

Notice my list is almost all political leaders of some description with the exception of Salman Rushdie.

What do you think? (I am asking this on a world wide basis.)

mb

Hole_Courtney

RE: Who Is The Most Hated Person Of Last Century?

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:23 pm

I think that you should add Carson Daly and drop Salman Rushdie. Why would anyone hate that dude, he's cool.
"[He] knew everything about literature, except how to enjoy it." - Yossarian, Catch 22

LOT767-300ER

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:25 pm

Ronald Reagan are you nuts! I put him as the #3 president of all times! Stalin is my most hated, second is FDR (sold Poland during the yalta conference under paragraph 13) iobviously hitler and i dont like churchil, i agree with Franco and Pol Pot he was a just a killer. Ill put Mao Zedong on that list. Agree with Hussein, Marcos both killing dictators. what bout Lenin hes probably #2 after stalin on my list! von Richtofften wasent good either! Khruschev has to be one along with Castro!!!!!!!!! 2 characters trying to send missiles on the USA from cuba! ayatolla chommeni he held aot of USA hostages, umm timmothy mcveigh alot of people mad at him. Al capone, i should know i live in chicago!

XFSUgimpLB41X

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:25 pm

Ronald Reagan? riiiiiiiiight. I would have to go with Hitler and/or Josef Stalin. Those two alone killed more than 15 million innocent people.
Chicks dig winglets.

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:35 pm

Ronald Raegan made my suggestion list as he was universally despised in the Arab world.

mb

DeltaRNOmd-80

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:37 pm

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kyzinski (The Unabomber), Otis Toole, Richard Ramirez, as you have noticed, they are all serial killers (or people who bombed and killed). In my mind, they should be the most hated people. Visit this website for more of the most hated people of this last century (some are before the last century)

http://http://arcticculture.about.com/culture/arcticculture/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://home1.inet.tele.dk/chilsta/killer1.htm

747-451

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:43 pm

Most Hated: (not neccessarily a murderer but hated none the less...)

Hitler
Rasputin
Ayathola Khomeni
Pol Pot
Sodom Husseinh
Moamar Khadafi
Bill and Hillary Clinton
Alec Baldwin
Carl Ichan
Frank Lorenzo
Rush Limbaugh
Terrorists (PAn Am 103, Munich '72 et al)
DC-10, GE CF6, Firestone (yeah, I know. Not a person...)

CPDC10-30

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:43 pm

Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler and Jozef Stalin, hands down. They all killed millions of people.

747-451

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:50 pm

add:

Idi Amin
Papa and Baby Doc Duvalier

imkeww

Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:54 pm

Matt D...

just kiddin

The "D" wouldn't happen to stand for Damon, BTW, would it? =P (If you're reading this Matt D).

copper1

Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:27 pm

Don't forget Emperor Hirohito of Japan. He was responsible for the death of many, including thousands of Japanese civilians and military members.

Copper 1

Pacific

Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:38 pm

I say Adolf Hitler for the Holocaust.

Pacific

Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:54 pm

Here are the people that make my list:
Adolf Hitler
Hillary Clinton
Fidel Castro
FDR
Saddam Hussein

...which reminds me... I thought we were supposed to be protected from threats "both foreign and domestic" and obviously that isn't happening in the case of Hillary Clinton.

Wed Jan 10, 2001 3:11 pm

Hitler
Stalin
Mao Zedong
Kim Il Sung
Castro

Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:06 pm

Ken Starr!

RE: We're Nuts

Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:14 pm

Linda Tripp!

Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:48 pm

Ken Star helped to destroy this country, and Adolf Hitler killed 6 million innocent Jews. My list:

Star and Hitler.

crjmech

Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:59 pm

These guys are pretty recent, but I don't think they've been mentioned yet; Silobadan Milosovic (just butchered the bastards name) and Bill Gates.

As for others picking the Clintons and the Monicagate players- WTF? Irritating, yes, but hardly despised worldwide.
Thou shalt mind thine altitude,lest the ground reach up and smite thee.

Aussiemite

Aussiemite

Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:44 pm

I was hoping I would have gotten a mention Ill have to work harder, maybe I can be the most hated of 2000 2100

Wed Jan 10, 2001 6:11 pm

Aussiemite,

I was hoping that "I" would be added to the list first.

Get in the que buddy!

mb

Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:53 pm

Aussiemite

Back of buddy

Mx5_boy

Back of bitch!!

1st spot has gotta been mine...puhleeeze?  

I don't know how Emperor Hirohito can be one of the most hated, because in Japan today, in private, the Japanese people still "worship" Hirohito.

Looking at the lists of some people I see some names which would be hated by living in certain countries. For example, Ayatollah Khomeini and Muammar Qaddafi. For millions of people around the world, Khomeini and Qaddafi are champions to the Islamic cause. In both cases, I tend to agree with the those millions (with some reservations).

Khomeini came into power in the midst of the worst and despotic regime in Irans history, and brought to the country Islamic rule, which is what the people of Iran wanted.

Qaddafi overthrew the unpopular king in Libya and bought to Libya a jamahiriya (or society of the masses). If people understood what jamahiriya stands for, they might not actually be so hostile towards Qaddafi and Libya in general.

My list would be:

Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Hitler
Botha
Pinochet
Stalin

Aussiemite

Brissie_lions

Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:54 pm

who made who

Stalin is a legend

747-451

Crjmech

Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:29 pm

Maybe not hated worldwide, but certainly hated by very many in the US. "Monica"-gate was disgusting and dishonorable and importantly reflective on the "attitude" permiating that administration.

thai747

Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:39 pm

Well.. being in Asia...

Pol Pot - and the rest of his Khmer Rouge followers - may they rot in hell.

the Thai prime minister of Thailand in 1976 - the guy who ordered the massacre of not less than 100 Thai university students

Lt. William Calley - the one who ordered the massacre of villagers in "My Lai" village during the Vietnam War

and of course... Hitler will also slip into the list  

NJTurnpike

Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:39 pm

Mariah Carey. 'Nuff said.

747-451

Brissie_lions

Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:16 am

Khomeni and Khadafi are most certainly hated by many, regardless of what or how they came to be. Like anyone else who may be a hero to some, they are reviled and despised by others. The term "most hated" is deserved by them for the alleged "state sponsored terroism" and "despotisim" as well as "human rights violations". What ever "good" they may have brought to their own people has been negated by their "alleged" terroist acts against others. It is interesting to mention that Hitler, Mousillini, Hirohito etc were also "champions" to millions. Why are some considered benign and others completely malevolent?(The Nazi's organized Germany into one of the most efficient and cohesive states in history from a complete state of ruin. It was nice that they united the people, rationalised the industries (I.G. Farben is a good example) and brought "social" order. Then again, they were the primogenators of ethnic cleansing....)

During the Shah's rule, Iran was one of the most modern, economically stable and cosmopolitan of the middle eastern countries. Under Khomeni, most of the infrastructure is falling apart and the industries are in decline. (don't bother to mention "boycotts from the west", they brought it on themselves; not because of becoming an Islamic state, but for their "alleged" terrorist acts and agression). Also of note, any dissention of any kind is dealt with severely (whether it be speaking out against the government or the Qu'ran). Libya, too, is pretty much the same way for most of the same reasons. Add Khadaffi's efforts to destabilise other "soverign" countries such as the Sudan, Chad and other neighbors. Both are guilty along with others for keeping the Lebanon in a state of anarchy as well as using it for a training ground for terrorist groups based in the Bekka Valley).

I would gather these are representitive of your reservations?

747-451

Aussiemite

Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:17 am

Actually Stalin was interesting. He did describe SUV's as "foul smelling armchairs with wheels...."  

Rai

Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:32 am

Most of the one’s I would have picked have been chosen already. I’ll add some others. Let’s see...

My ex-girlfriend. What a bitch! I truly hate her and genuinely believe the world would be a better place without her.

Kenneth Starr. No one knew how to waste tax dollars better than him.

Linda Tripp.

George Bush. You should read his biography...chilling! One of the worst presidents in history. An absolute dunce with fiscal policy and an ego the size of a rhinoceros. He recently went up a few points when he criticized the NRA. Let’s hope his son doesn’t share the same economic policies as his father, otherwise we’re in real trouble. But I’m getting the inkling that Bush jr. doesn’t necessarily believe in free market either. Oh brother!

Newt Gingrich. Makes Clinton look like a pastor. This guy had no morals whatsoever. I hate hypocrites.

Fidel Castro. Not because he’s communist, but because he whores his country just like his predecessor did.

Matt D

Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:37 am

It's ironic that some people-such as Reagan and Clinton could just as easily end up on a "most loved person of the last century" list as well.
Those are two examples of people where there is no middle ground. Ask anyone what they thought of those two. You will either get an answer filled with awe, amazement, and respect, or you will get one laced with anger, hostility, and outright hate.
NOBODY says that Reagan and Clinton were "so-so".
Can anyone tell me why?
I have my own thoughts on that subject, but I'd like to hear some of yours first.

c72

Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:43 am

Ken Starr wouldn't have wasted all of that money if Clinton would have behaved himself!!!!

747-451

Matt D

Thu Jan 11, 2001 4:13 am

A candidate that is deemed so-so implies some redeeming qualites. Reagan yes, Clinton, no. (I have opionions and I think they might reflect yours)

Reagan as so-so; possibly. Great foreign policy and poor economics. Fair domestic policy.

Clinton-just horrible, no happy medium. A lechereous sexist "tax and spend" ultra-liberal, with poor policies and no accountibility for anyone or anything.

Note about the economy: It would have taken off even if Minnie Mouse was president since the internet, technolgy etc and other growth factors were well under way before 1992. The economy has been failing since February 2000 and you cant blame that on W.

747-451

Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:00 pm

During the Shah's rule, Iran was one of the most modern, economically stable and cosmopolitan of the middle eastern countries. Under Khomeni, most of the infrastructure is falling apart and the industries are in decline. (don't bother to mention "boycotts from the west", they brought it on themselves; not because of becoming an Islamic state, but for their "alleged" terrorist acts and agression). Also of note, any dissention of any kind is dealt with severely (whether it be speaking out against the government or the Qu'ran).

It might be interesting to note here that yes, under the Shah, Iran was modern, economically stable (to a point) and relatively cosmopolitan. The thing with the Shah's rule is that whilst the above was going on, you had massive human rights abuses from SAVAK (the secret police), natural resources were being plundered by American companies (and British to an extent), and money was not put back into Iran. The Shah was simply a puppet, whose strings were being pulled by various American oil executives.

Also, the only country which has ever had sanctions or boycotts against Iran is America. Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, etc, etc, have always had diplomatic relations with Iran, and trade links as well.

You may be surprised to know that there is a burgeoning press in Iran today, people have access to satellite TV, the internet and a host of other services which weren't available to them before. Also, in the last few years, infrastructure development is gaining pace. Tehran is getting a new airport as well (finally getting rid of Mehrabad). Trade zones are opening up around Iran, the most important one being on Kish Island.

Libya, too, is pretty much the same way for most of the same reasons. Add Khadaffi's efforts to destabilise other "soverign" countries such as the Sudan, Chad and other neighbors.

Qaddafi is no saint. I don't proclaim that he is. However, he is a much respected statesman in Africa. The old times have pretty much been forgotten and Qaddafi is ready for the new Libya.

Both are guilty along with others for keeping the Lebanon in a state of anarchy as well as using it for a training ground for terrorist groups based in the Bekka Valley).

Lebanon and Israel. A topic I ain't even going to touch, for fear of being called anti- this and anti- that. 

Cheers

Scotty

747-451

Brissie_Lions

Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:17 pm

Points noted. The Shah was no saint and yes the Savak was just as bad as the Imperial guards are now. It is just a shame that the country is in tatters. I do rememer BP and Elf Aquitaine (I believe) having substanitial holdings in Iran as well. The US was particularly burned with the Embassy incident. There are efforts in the US to at least open dialogues with Iran as a first step of normalising relations (according to the show 60 Minutes a few months back).

The world is ready for a New Libya, but without it's current meglomainiac.

The middle east is someplace I do not wish to go to either.

regards,

(side note--you and I dont always see eye to eye, but we can discuss our differences as opposed to scream at eachother like others do....   )

tbar220

Thu Jan 11, 2001 12:33 pm

Scotty,

If your not going to touch on Lebanon and Israel, I will. Thinking worldwide, you could show that some of the most hated people are Yassir Arafat, hated by the Israeli's, and Ehud Barak, hated by the Palestinians. Of course, you can say that about any conflict in that region.

Lyndon Johnson, although in my opinion was a great president, at his time had a lot of people hate him. Whether it was because he was sending soldiers to Vietnam, or whether it was ultra conservative southern whites who were opposed to his carrying out of Kennedy's civil rights acts, or even the members of his own party who were angered at his anti-poverty plans which actually expanded government. A bit on the odd side, but he wasn't like too much.

Also on the same note, you could say the Edgar Hoover was hated, as he was blamed for the great depression. I wouldn't go as so far as to say that FDR was hated, why he is on the list, I do not know, just people's own belief. While WWII may have been the driving factor that helped bring the U.S.A. out of depression, he did have some sound ideas ((I know I'm gonna get bashed for saying that)) for helping this country.

You could also say that Nicholas II, the czar in power before he was overthrown by the Russian Revolution of 1917, was a hated man. He inspired such hatred in people, along with many other factors, that they "snapped" and broke into revolution.

Any more ideas people? Keep 'em coming.

Tzvika  
NO URLS in signature

Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:15 pm

Has anyone mentioned Pol Pot?

iflycoach

Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:36 pm

OJ

Kathrine Harris

Elian Gonzoles (It was all Elian this and Elian that damn it I could not even watch the weather without hearing something about him!!!!)

John Rocker

Linda Tripp, Monic Lweinski and everyone else that was involved it that scandle.

FDXmech

Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:51 pm

Tbar220
It was actually President Herbert Hoover, J. Edgar Hoover was director of the FBI.

How any American could hate FDR is beyond me. His New Deal did not end the depression but saved the country nonetheless from revolution and perhaps fascism which in desperate times is certainly possible and during the Great Depression probable.
You're only as good as your last departure.

mls515

Fri Jan 12, 2001 9:43 am

Currently I'm disliking Hillary Clinton. She was quoted as saying that a gift to the democratic party is a gift to America. Ha! Bitch! And she was saying this to explain away the tax dollars used to put on huge state dinners for the Clintons and all their party friends and God knows who else. She's a beeeotch!

Fri Jan 12, 2001 11:05 am

I think mine is Adolf Hitler- Carl Icahn comes very close!

TT

blink182

Fri Jan 12, 2001 11:56 am

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Mao Zedong
all murderers
Hillary Clinton
George W. Bush(he is a murderer too)
Icahn
the list goes on and on...
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

tbar220

Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:09 pm

FDXmech,

Thanks for the correction, at least you understood who I was trying to talk about. Will be more careful next time.

Tzvika  
NO URLS in signature

DeltaRNOmd-80

Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:11 pm

how could you guys forget Pol Pot?

LOT767-300ER

Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:43 pm

Ill sum this up for all of you so listen up!

at #1 is Stalin he just killed millions destroyed everything period.

at #2 has to be Mao Zedong man he just murderd millions of chinese and forced into lie long labor.

at #3 is lenin, well he just killed and inveted communism.

at #4 is Pol Pot mass murderer from the Khmer Rouge! Killed and labored millions enough said there.

at #5 is hitler. Ill tell you why he falls on the 5 spot. First of all he didnt hide who was he going to attack unlike the others, second of all he was no idiot, it takes a military genius to do what he did in the POLITICAL world, took over many countries with Blitzkierig. He went straight to hell for killing but, if you dont kill any people in a war you dont win the war, simple as that (with a few exceptions)

at #6 falls FDR, ummm he sold my country Poland to the soviets. At the Yalta conference under top-secret paragraph #13 was Poland. FDR didnt even bother with helping us, And we (im talking about the Polish cuz i am polish) cracked enigma, first discovered the concentration camps, first discovered launching sites of the V-1/V-2 rockets, but of course hedidnt give us the credit as no one else DOES!

at #7 yes people Mr Clinton/Hillary Clinton, i mean wow millions of people trust liars in office and in court! Um clinton bombed Sudan before Congress gave the go-ahead which is illegal but he got away with it. When he was in the affair he didnt even resign, sheesh no humility or self-pride! Reducting our Forces is another big minus!

at #8 i would have to say the chruschev/castro duel. Both targeted ballistic missiles either from Siberia or Cuba at the USA, plus Castro is a killing dictator!

at #9 is hussein/ayatolla chomeni because they both held US hostages and all the wars and conflicts.

at #10 is probably Franco/ Mussolini both dictators known for forcing people into hard labor. Just bad dictators. Im gonna have to add some other people to that list like von richoften, haider, oh yea marcos also.

I would also like to comment that George Bush Senior is by no means a killer!

Second of all Reagan is on my #3 spot on my best-presidents list. He was the main reason the Soviets broke up. He lied about Star Wars technology forcing the Soviets to build their forces then collapse. Also he build up the army like no other president (xcept that Clinton destroyed that!) So hopefull GWB will buold it up again which is almost for certain. Now i have to say that Carter was a good president xcept the Iran accident but that really wasent his fault. I also put all British queens and kings on my hate-people list because the cheated, took advantage, exploited, ignored other countries treatys with them (Im talking about the UK helping Poland in case of Nazi attack for all u brits who didnt know that!, i hope you realize you ignored our help!) I also have to say that there were many personalitiesin South America that are evil.(not Pinochet, he was bad but he helped to destroy communism so in my book hes got a big plus). I will say that mandela was a good person, except when the blacks took over the country has become badly in need of help! i might have missed a few which i will post later if necessary!

LOT767-300ER

Fri Jan 12, 2001 6:52 pm

Lenin invented communism?

I think you need to read your history books a little better.

All Lenin did was lead a revolution in Tsarist Russia.

If he is so hated, why is it today, that the vast majority of Russians, including those who believe and support democracy, still regard Lenin as a hero?

Also, all Lenin thought up was an ideology called Leninism. Karl Marx, through Das Kapital, is credited with "inventing" the ideals that today so many people misjudge as communism.

N312RC

Fri Jan 12, 2001 9:55 pm

Some of you are such morons!

How can you possibly compare Ken Starr to Adolf Hitler? That's like comparing apples to oranges. Ken Starr didnt do nearly as much damage as Hitler. Hitler killed 6 million Jews, and that's really horrible. Ken Starr didnt kill anyone, except Mr. Clinton's legacy. If anyone is responsible for moral decay in this country, it's our outgoing president. Teaching our children that its ok not to tell the truth under oath, and that it's ok to have affairs during marriage. He's a slimebag.....

My list:
Adolf Hitler
Mr. Clinton
Mr. Gore
Mr. Carter (lame duck)
Stalin

LOT767-300ER:
FDR is no. 6 on your most hated list? You must be crazy! He was only elected 4 times to president. Do you realize how much he did for the free world?
N/A

Rai

Sat Jan 13, 2001 2:59 am

If he is so hated, why is it today, that the vast majority of Russians, including those who believe and support democracy, still regard Lenin as a hero?

That's debatable.

Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:13 am

Rafael Leonidas Trujillo.

LOT767-300ER

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:07 am

Yes brissie he invented (hought of) modern communism!He was the first to take over GPR to form large farms which led to government owned industry and monopoly. No he didnt invent communism in general but he invented the modern form of it which has diffrent factors.

LOT767-300ER

Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:16 am

N312RC did u read why i hate him. He litterly sold Poland to the soviets under top-secret paragraph #13 in Yalta, of course you wouldnt know about it because they dont teach you this stuff at school. By doing that he imprisened 35 million people for 45yrs. You need to be there to understand the effects of it. Brissie whoregards him a hero? r u crazy? he killed and destroyed. Ive been there and seen it. I know about marxism but they werent very diffrent from each other. They basically said the government controls everything.

LOT767-300ER

Sat Jan 13, 2001 11:08 am

hehehe