Thom@s
Topic Author

Worst Film/Movie You Have Ever Seen?

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:03 am

The Topic speaks for itself, what is the movie(s) you regretted the most seeing?

To be honest I can't think of any in particular at the moment, but I'll definetly get back to that. Meanwhile, what's your worst movie experience?

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

L-188

RE: Worst Film/Movie You Have Ever Seen?

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:17 am

A Boy and his Dog.....This was Don Johnson's first movie role.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:19 am

Well despite getting quite good reviews, and everyone else liking it I really didn't enjoy The Cell, with Jennifer Lopez - I think thatwas what it was called.

Matt D

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:25 am

After much careful thought....ok...maybe 10 seconds of thought, I arrived at the conclusion that the most hideous film I've seen was "American Pie". I can think of no movie before or since that has plummeted so such comedic lows. A movie that objectifies women as fresh bakery products? Someone in Hollywood made the statement that inserting your two fingers into a womans private parts is a feeling akin to warm apple pie-as this film asserts-and someone said "Great...let's make a movie revolving around that statement! If this doesn't prove conclusively that Hollywood is dead out of any original ideas, I don't know what does. I don't care what proof anyone can offer me, I'm convinced that this movie was made without a script. Taking into account the premise of this bomb, where would a script be needed? I'm sure that once filming commenced, the producers said "ah-just make it up as you go along". And the loose, disjointed lack of a story line shows. And what was that with the entire movie being hinged on one thirty second spot where a teenager "gets personal" with said bakery products? As vapid as this movie was, I was amazed that a cherry pie wasn't the key object. At least most people know the sexual connotation associated with cherries. I honestly don't know which was worse-seeing this abomination on the big screen or listening to the people in the (sold out) theater laughing hysterically. Nobody that thinks this movie is funny deserves to live. A quick trip into the afterlife for them would serve a dual purpose in the sense that 1. you are doing them a favor by putting them out of their mental misery, and 2. they would have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to society. All prints of this movie should be burned.
This is the kind of movie that after viewing, one wishes 1. How they managed to allow the theater to sodomize them to the tune of $8 to see it, and 2. Why didn't you spend the night doing something more productive-like sitting at home inserting your fingers into a blender?

cfalk

Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:26 am

Who can beat Plan 9 from Outer Space!?!

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

gkirk

Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:17 am

Charlie's Angels = That was complete and utter crap.
PS, Matt D I know thats your opinionbut I think American Pie is great!!!
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

mls515

Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:23 am

Most Boring: Kes. Anyone else sleep through this movie?

Most Hated: American Pie. I'll agree with Matt D on this one. This movie was low.

Trvlr

Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:34 am

Wing Commander. I could barely sit through it. Unfortunately I was with a bunch of friends at the time so I couldn't walk out.

Aaron G.

Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:48 am

Top Gun- Where the hell are the airliners?!?!?!

LOL!

LHMark

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:06 am

Cfalk: "You're all stupid! Stupid, stupid stupid!"

As you can see, I LOVE Plan 9.

No, the worst movie ever made was probably "Pod People." Check it out on MST3K if you get the chance.

Worst mass release: The 5th Element. Yeech.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

mls515

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:20 am

The 5th Element was ok. What are you talking about?

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:41 am

While deadheading back to base, Autumn In New York with Richard Gere and Winona Ryder flickered on the overhead video monitor. I was trapped. 30,000 feet up in the air with no place to go and the bathrooms stank, so I could not hide in there. People were laughing and wincing during scenes of this film that I'm sure the screen writer meant to be romantic or sad. This movie sucks beyond imagination! I've seen some "chick flicks" that I managed to get through unscathed, but this was the mother of them all. I thought of storming the cockpit so as to corkscrew the airplane into the ground! Such was the agony! I love Ryder, but this is the worse she has ever agreed to take on. Must have been the $$.

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:56 am

Charlies Angels and Missin to Mars (especialy the ending)

Eric

crjmech

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:56 am

Being a dyed-in-the-wool Trekkie, I would have to say Star Trek V: The Final Frontier sucked ass. If you've seen it, I think you will agree. If you haven't seen it, avoid it at all costs. It was written and directed by ol' Bill Shatner himself and well, he writes and directs pretty much like he acts- except worse.
My non-Trek pick is Battlefield Earth. I wish MST3K were still around so that they could lampoon this piece of trash. Only they could make this thing watchable.
Thou shalt mind thine altitude,lest the ground reach up and smite thee.

Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:57 am

Charlies Angels and Mission to Mars (especialy the ending)

Eric

L-1011-500

Fri Feb 02, 2001 5:27 am

A while back, this horrible Brendan Fraser flick called "Airheads" came out. I hated it. Dumb and Dumber was OK....it grows on you.

L-1011-500

Ryefly

Fri Feb 02, 2001 5:53 am

I love movies so I guess thats why I see well over 150 of them in the theater a year. I guess it doesn't hurt I live next door to a 15 screen theater. What I miss I catch on DVD eventually. After seeing so many movies, I still catch some terrible movies everyonce in a while. Here are some recent movies to avoid...

1. Battlefield Earth
2. Blair Witch 2
3. Wing Commander
4. Magnolia
5. Ready To Rumble
6. Lost in Space
7. The Big Kahuna
8. Here on Earth
9. Hanging Up
10.Unbreakable

The most over-rated movie of all time? Pulp Fiction.

LHMark

Fri Feb 02, 2001 6:55 am

I TOTALLY AGREE ON THE PULP FICTION THING.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Kubla

Fri Feb 02, 2001 7:24 am

These are the worst movies I have seen. Not that I haven't seen some of the undoubtedly horrible movies on other people's lists

1) Natural Born Killers
2) Cobra
3) Godzilla 1985
4) Highlander II
5) Red Dawn

Timbo

Fri Feb 02, 2001 7:32 am

I totally agree with Aaron!! Wing Commander blew chunks! The space ships were using sonar and firing torpedoes at eachother!!!

johnboy

Sat Feb 03, 2001 2:14 am

"The Blue Lagoon" with Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins (who?). Most memorable moment: Brooke gets her first "period." No cotton fields here honey, better make due with the banana leaves! Survivor, it ain't.

"Glen or Glenda" by the immortal Ed Woods (also director of "Plan 9 from Outer Space"). I feel as though I should love this one. But then again, I paid for the DVD. Yes, there were some camp moments (who wouldn't tingle at that electric moment when Delores grudgingly hands her angora sweater to Ed?), but for the most part it was excruciatingly painful. There's nothing worse that a whiny transvestite out to prove a point. With five o' clock shadow, no less. On his back.

"As Good as it Gets". Helen Hunt (!) "wanting" Jack Nicholson? Greg Kinnear as a mincing, prancing, lisping queen? How many stereotypes can a character have? Even Richard Simmons is a butch leather stud compared to him. Skeet Ulrich should have finished him off. And the little dog too!

Sasha

Sat Feb 03, 2001 3:41 am

This year's worst movie so far in UK, which was hyped so much - Unbreakable! Crap, slowly developing crap... don't see it, it's not The Sixth Sense.
An2/24/28,Yak42,Tu154/134,IL18/62/96,B737/757/767,A310/320/319,F100,BAe146,EMB-145,CRJ,A340-600,B747-400,A-330-300,A-340

Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:59 am

Charlie's Angels!!!!

Regards
Alexander Holst
Helsinki, Finland
ICQ 94604005

Soku39

Sat Feb 03, 2001 8:32 am

watch mystery science theatre 3000 on the sci-fi channel to see really bad movies while the lil' character dudes make fun of them !
The Ohio Player

KLMBLue

Sat Feb 03, 2001 11:51 am

The worst I have ever seen are the following:
1. Little Nicky, Mind Numbing
2. The Crew, Mob Comedy w/o the comedy
There are probably more, but I can't think of them.
KLM

KROC

Sat Feb 03, 2001 12:19 pm

I think Pulp Fiction is the worst film I have seen. Mission Impossible is right there as well.

tbar220

Sat Feb 03, 2001 2:49 pm

Congo had to be the worst movie I've ever seen. I read the book by Michael Chricton (spelling?) and I loved it! And then I went to see the movie and I was sickened by it. If there's one thing that I can't stand is when a great book has its name ruined by a bad movie. The same thing was true with Starship Troopers, which was a wonderful book, but a terrible movie. Any comments?

Smile Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

Trvlr

Sat Feb 03, 2001 3:16 pm

Yes I agree Starship Troopers sucked big time. Others I hated were Hanging Up and Lost in Space.

Michael Crichton (just switch the 'h') books are among the adaptable to screenplay; luckily much of the time good movies like Jurassic Park and Lost World are made out of them. I wouldn't have minded those movies being a little bit closer to the plot of the actual novel however.

I think The Fifth Element was a great movie. I could watch that over and over again.

Aaron G.

747-451

Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:26 am

Titanic (what's next? a disco version of the Holocaust?)
Legends of the Fall (all about the natural wonders of brad pitt's hair)
Prince of Tides ( I know who should be on that couch!)

AS737900

Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:39 am

All the Star Trek movies (just not my thing, I think they bore me out of my mind).

But the worst movie of all, and only god knows how all the producers got all the big-name stars in it, is: "Mars Attacks!"

Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:23 pm

Good god man, American Pie was awesome!!! My favorite movie, along with Road Trip (Uncensored version). Anyone who has seen the uncensored version will agree with me...remember the bathroom scene...

Thom@s
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:06 pm

I've probably seen worse, but Cable Guy sucked. Thank God it didn't ruin Jim Carreys career.
I'll think of some more..

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Wed Feb 07, 2001 1:42 am

Supernova.

What a Bull of a movie! Wouldn't you like to get impregnated shooting through outer space...

DeltaRNOmd-80

Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:29 am

I thought that Cable Guy was hilarious and should have gotten more praise, just because it was a dark comedy doesnt mean it wasnt funny. But this is coming from a guy that thinks The Wedding Singer was Adam Sandler's funniest movie, I love that movie.

johnboy

Wed Feb 07, 2001 10:35 am

I just went to see "O Brother Where Art Thou?" over the weekend, and several people walked out of the theatre. I enjoyed it, so perhaps when it flashed during the opening screen credits,"Based on 'The Odyssey' by Homer", they knew they were in for it.

But then again, maybe they were disappointed because they thought it was Homer Simpson.  Wink/being sarcastic

Jan Mogren

Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:21 pm

I guess none of you saw "Fire and Ice" ?
Lucky you...
/JM
AeroPresentation - Airline DVD's filmed in High Definition

Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:37 pm

Independence Day, Armageddon, and all of these other movies about "America saving the world"...what a load of trollop.

American Pie is a great movie; or at least it was for me and my mates. I think to really understand the movie you have to have gotten laid whilst a teenager Big grin

Thom@s
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:37 pm

I agree with you on that one Brissie. Besides, how many times has Bruce Willis saved the earth?

Thom@s

mls515

Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:46 pm

But who'd believe it if it was Australia saving the world?

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

Thom@s
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:31 am

Good point Mls515. But perhaps better co-operation with Russia and UK would make it more realistic. (If that is possible.)

Oh yeah, Air Force One wasn't too good. (To much Hollywood.)

Thom@s

mls515

Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:00 pm

I think in Armageddon they did cooperate with the Russians, being that the US and Russia are the biggest space powers. Independence Day had other countries too. My favorite scene was where they showed Israeli and Iraqi airmen sitting at the same airfield right across from each other staring at each other silently.

kevin

Sun Feb 11, 2001 5:35 pm

The worst recent big - screen movie is "Sixth Sense".
The best ones I've seen so far are : Pulp Fiction and The Snatch, this movie kicks ass!!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

OO-VEG

Sun Feb 11, 2001 5:55 pm

The sixth sense??? Ah yee that was reallly a great movie, I liked it a lot.
Well maybe one of the worse movies I saw was MI 2, oh my it was just such a copy of a James Bond movie, the end was predictable and so was the rest of the movie. But somewhere it was quite exiting sometimes.

Oh and what about these older movies:

Police Academy 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (the first one was funny the rest really stinks).

Home Alone 2 & 3 (well just like Police Academy exact copies from the first part).

Thom@s
Topic Author

Sun Feb 11, 2001 9:36 pm

Oh yeh, those Police accadamy were great...

When I was 8.

Thom@s

CactusA319

Tue Feb 13, 2001 3:48 am

What the hell is wrong with Pulp Fiction? That's a great movie...You probably didn't get it.

American Pie was cool. Yeah, it was pretty low at times and there were parts of it that didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the movie, but it was funny as long as you don't take it seriously. Road Trip was alright, it had its moments, but its just a clone of American Pie (shit, even Stifler is in this one too). Haven't seen the uncensored one though....

As for Brissie not liking movies about America saving the world, well what has Aussieland given us in terms of movies? Croccodile Dundee and Yahoo Serious. Geez!

The worst movie I've seen is Ed, a movie about a monkey who plays baseball with a monkey so fake looking it's just ridiculous. It also stars Matt Leblanc (Joey from Friends), who is the only one from Friends who can't make a decent movie. How you doin'?

An-225

Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:36 am

The worst ones are - MOD Squad, Eyes wide shut, all parts of Rockie, (yes, that movie does suck), Airforce One (that was pathetic). The best one hands down is American History X
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

redraider

Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:39 am

Hurly Burly - That movie is one big drug binge for 3.5 hours

Groundhog Day - I fell asleep in the theater, at home watching it on the VCR, and in an airplane. It's just so...repititious.

Blair Witch II - Why?
My wife can't wrestle, but you should see her box.

Thom@s
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2001 11:41 pm

Say, I saw American History X for the very first time today. I don't understand why I haven't seen earlier. Despite some "Hollywood trademarks" it was very good.

Thom@s

Thu Feb 15, 2001 4:52 am

haha, great thread...

Dude, American Pie rocked! One of my fav. movies of all time. Yeah it was low, but it was brilliant! And Matt, it doesn't objectifies women as fresh bakery products, it objectfiies a woman's body part as a fresh bakery product. haha, what a fab movie, I really identified with it this one at band camp.  Smile

i thought Airforce One was cool also. Makes you so proud to be an American, man the best election would be Harrison Ford versus Morgan Freeman. Nice.

Starship Troopers was great! Yeah the movie kind of sucked, but the topless scenes and gorgeous Denise Richards. Enjoyable.

So agree that Battlefied Earth was most likely the least funny, least creative, least enjoyable piece of dreck ever created. And it was created by that L Ron Hubbard who created a whole friggin religion. Anyway, it sucked.

Also, agree Lost in Space lacked big time. Sorry i saw the damn thing. On the same BS sci-fi note, Mission to Mars sucked a$$. boring, so so unrealistic, the chic was hot though.

Ryan, haha what the hell was The Big Kahuna? I mean did that movie have any point, plot, idea, anything? What a frigging waiste of time. I was on a bus to New York City late at night, so I was trapped, but damn did I feel pissed when I got off that bus.

rgds
russ

PS: I know that scene from Road Trip uncensored and it rocks! I hope women really do do that.

lax2000

Thu Feb 15, 2001 5:24 am

Titanic