seven_fifty7

America Loves You Bill Clinton!

Thu Feb 08, 2001 8:42 am

This is long overdue since the greatest President America has seen in my three decades of living has been out of office for a couple of weeks now. Nonetheless, on behalf of the vast majority of Americans, let this be a heartfelt word of thanks and praise for Mr. William Jefferson Clinton and his beautiful family.

**THANK YOU** BILL, HILLARY, CHELSEA!!!!

THANK YOU for leaving America more prosperous than any time in recent history. THANK YOU for the more than $4 Trillion surplus that your predecessors even failed to achieve. THANK YOU for expanding our national economy, in real terms, by more than 50%. THANK YOU, Mr. President for the increase in the Gross Domestic Product--$10 Trillion which is 1/4 of the world's total economic output! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for the drop in the unemployment rate to only 4%--A forty-year low! THANK YOU for achieving those NAFTA trade deals with China, as well as for the Mexican and Canadian trade initiatives. THANK YOU for, at the time, consumer confidence being at a 30 year high! THANK YOU for being so instrumental in bringing about a Northern Ireland Peace agreement. THANK YOU for your diplomacy in Vietnam recently which you helped facilitate a better relationship between the Vietnamese and the American government. THANK YOU for instituting the Family Medical Leave Act, for without it, so many of us would be practically abused by our companies! THANK YOU IMMENSLY for the sharp decrease in crime all around the U.S! THANK YOU (especially Hillary) for helping emphasize the value of women's rights at that conference in Beijing. THANK YOU for trying to push a new, much-needed health care initiative (we won't worry, we still have Hillary on the political scene to achieve it, despite so many embittered republicans on Capital Hill). THANK YOU for being so instrumental in getting the Mideast to tame those oil prices--without you, we'd now be paying $6 for a gallon of gas!

Gosh! I'm almost out of breath! I can just go on and on if I had the time. But the point is this: The world will forever look at your legacy with a broad smile. People from Ireland, China, Korea, Vietnam, Great Britain, Somalia, Brussels, Elian's Dad in Cuba, Kosovar refugees, all admire you. The tons and tons of young, new millionaires in Silicon Valley praise your being the catalyst for their new wealth. Families from Long Island to inner city L.A. (and everywhere in between) praise you because they've been able to earn decent paychecks and afford nicer things now than ever before.

You, Hillary, and Chelsea are loved the world over. But of course you already know this.

What are we gonna do now that the best president since John F. Kennedy and/or Franklin Delano Roosevelt is no longer in office? Methinks even Georgie Junior realizes he has some very, very big shoes to fill.

Good bye, Mr. President. Much luck in the civilian world to 'ya.

AMERICA LOVES YOU FOREVER!!! Everywhere.

God Bless William Jefferson Clinton & Family.

Trvlr

RE: America Loves You Bill Clinton!

Thu Feb 08, 2001 8:51 am

AS737900

Oh yes! Thank you Bill Clinton for putting hard working people out of work (those in natural resources industries)! Thank you for turning those high paying jobs in southeast Alaska into minimum wage tourism jobs! We are so much better off now!  Yeah sure Thank you for all that you have done to screw up the Alaska economy. You were such a wonderful President!

Oh yeah... and thank you for tying up air traffic over LAX, just so you could get a haircut!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I really thought he was a great president. And Hillary was on the best First Ladies. She is known all over the world for all the work she has done to help people. I really dont have an opinion about Chelasea, havn't seen much about her, and some said to me a while ago, ya know what, we have never heard her speak on TV, or anything. And thats true.

But yes, Bill is one of your best presidents yet, I belive Bush, wont make that list.

Thanks Bill...

XFSUgimpLB41X

Trvlr

Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:00 am

Trvlr- remember the dude that crashed that Cessna into the white house?

Great president my butt. All he could do is break the law and make failed attempts at scandal after scandal after scandal. The most corrupt president in history....
Chicks dig winglets.

Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:00 am

Thank you, Mr. Clinton, for committing treason against the United States of America. Thank you, Mr. Clinton, for stealing huge plots of land from local governments and declaring them federal property, not to be touched. THANK YOU, MR. CLINTON, FOR DISASSEMBLING OUR NATIONAL DEFENSES. Its always nice to see minimum security at our federal military installations. Thank you, Mr. Clinton, for interfering with our energy problem here in the west and making us Washingtonians pay SKY HIGH electricity bills so that you can bail out California for screwing up.

AND MOST OF ALL....

THANK YOU, MR. CLINTON, FOR LEAVING WASHINGTON!

I am sorry, but the original poster is quite ill. Have you been to see a psychologist yet, by any chance?

L-1011-500

Thu Feb 08, 2001 10:27 am

First of all, I would like to ask, what America are you living in? I certainly am part of this America, and I think the guy is an egotistical letch who lies under oath.
I guess you could say I don't love him.

First, I will have the cajones to bring up the whole Monica Lewinsky thing. It doesn't matter if it was his private life, it doesn't matter if it shouldn't have gone as far as it did, up to the Supreme Court, but it did. And when it got there, he lied under oath. It is that simple. He said he did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. The only thing that counts is that HE LIED UNDER OATH. Under any constitution, that amounts to PERJURY. Which means jailtime...had you or I done that, we wouldn't be here reading this, we would be in the slammer. What counts even more is that he never told the truth to us, the American People. And he actually never said, I am sorry. Yeah, he said his relationship was "inappropriate, and yada yada yada..." but he never apologized for lying to us.

Second, I would like to ask how you all can think that one man can lower gas prices, boost the economy, and do all of that surplus stuff. True, the economy is good (or was, it is going downhill now), but holy cow!!! With the way you guys talk, I would have thought you saw him walk on water. No. If you think one man is that influential in the economy you are WRONG. The man with his fingers on the pulse of America is Alan Greenspan...that is the truth. Clinton did not really do everything you say he did. Congress does...
And what is this BS about him negotiating with the Arabs on gas prices? HELLO!!!! I live out here in California where it costs 1.85 for a gallon of Regular, 87 Octane Unleaded....that is expensive.

And for all the foreign policy stuff, you know he had another motive for being "peacemaker."

L-1011-500

twa

Thu Feb 08, 2001 10:30 am

Hey Toni, We actually agree on something. Clinton was the best Prez I've ever seen.

TWA

N312RC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 10:37 am

Adam,

Clinton couldnt keep his pants zipped up! Big grin
N/A

LOT767-300ER

Thu Feb 08, 2001 11:18 am

Exactly AS737900 i would also add

Thanx for the economy slowdown it was all you!
Thanx for bombing Sudan before congress gave permission
Thanx for not busting Saddam when you could have
Thanx for giving pardons because people bribed you
Thanx for lying under oath
Thanx for screwing Alaska
Thanx for the gas prices
Thanx for lying everywher and about everything
Thanx for being hated by most countries, oh now they will love us!

We're Nuts

Thu Feb 08, 2001 11:27 am

Bobbo, I expect that from you, so I won't make you my example.

Unfortunately, that means it is you, L-1011-500:

Why the hell should we have gotten involved in his private life in the first place? If Reps weren't so damn bitter about the Bush loss, the whole thing wouldn't have happened! They just couldn't wait for him to mess up, and he didn't, they created a problem. Yes, that's right, they went hunting for a slut. Monica was a political tool used for destroying a Presidency.

There were two problems with the impeachment trial:

A. NO ONE CARED!

&

B. It was completely partisan, no truth to it. Clinton lied, but would any of you done differently? Would anyone in America have done differently? And he never tried to withhold justice, he hadn't committed a crime.

Besides, both Clarence Thomas and Newt Gingrich were banging more than their gavels....

So, in closing, find a legitimate reason to hate a great President.

Oh, and rest assured that now that Bush is in office, we can get back to wholesome, Republican scandals like breaking into campaign headquarters or selling arms to our enemies.
Dear moderators: No.

blink182

Thu Feb 08, 2001 11:49 am

If Clinton could have run again, and if I were 18(which I am not) he would have my vote in an instant. In my opinion, he was one of the greatest presidents. The Lewinski scandal overshadowed it all though.
Bill and Hillary- Thanks for making this country so great.
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

L-1011-500

Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:05 pm

Ok, We're Nuts -

I read your reply, and I knew the ramifications. So I know I was prewarned. My main problem is that if you or I had lied under oath, and got CAUGHT, like he did, we would be in jail. Why is he not in jail? Isn't he an American citizen like us, too? Shouldn't he be held accountable? You can't say he is above the law because he is the President. If he went off and murdered someone in cold blood, would he not be punished because he is the President? How can you say he has comitted no crime? Perjury is lying under oath, and he lied under oath. Crimes must be punished. He got off. That is the truth.

Also, what has Hillary done? She has been cited on more than one occcasion as making Anti-Semitic remarks. I am not Jewish, I don't take offense. But, the fact that this particular accusation has come up more than once leads me to the following conclusion: where there is smoke, there is fire. Aside from that, what has she done?

L-1011-500

LOT 767-300ER - How true.

LOT767-300ER

Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:26 pm

Thank you L-1011-500 ill just add you on my respected users list here, by the way its similar with actors and pro athletes they get off the hook just because their famous!

Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:48 pm

First of all, if everyone were asked about their sex lives under oath, 3/4 of the people in this country would be convicted of perjury. The only reason Clinton was asked about his sex life was because conservative Republicans wanted to selectively persecute him. You didn't see Jesse Helms demanding to know whether Newt Gingrich had ever been unfaithful to his wife. If Clinton were just any Joe Q. Citizen he would never have been put in that position. If you don't see that, I suggest that we begin a selective inquisition into the sex lives of all those who register as Republicans. Not Democrats, just Republicans. If they are found to have lied about their sex lives, they should be thrown in jail, as you suggest. I have no doubt that such a policy would rid society of a whole buttload of Republicans.

L-1011-500

Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:56 pm

Please give me the name of one; yes...just ONE...politician who has never told a lie.

I have a feeling I will be waiting forever to hear the answer to this question.

It will just reinforce my belief that politician are filth-sucking scumbags.

Further, if anyone has the peabrain to actually believe ANYTHING a politician has to say, maybe they should get in the game as well, because having that peabrain is very much needed to be a pollie.

LOT767-300ER

Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:59 pm

Have you ever seen Abraham lincoln tell a lie?

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:04 pm

Have you ever "seen" Abraham Lincoln, period?

LOT767-300ER

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:05 pm

Of course not, Raddog2 he never said the politician has to be alive!

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:06 pm

Hey Were Nuts, should we revisit out pre-election battles, at least the one involving are right to be pissed off Clinton is a lying cheating bastard, or how, as Commander in Chief of my military, he has proven there is a double standard at work. Let me know...

Anyway, N766AS already took my Thank You away. (Insert Dido CD now). Thanks Billy for decreasing our military greatly. Thanks for all the extra "peace keeping" missions, and all the extra deployments militarys familys have had to endure. Especially the ones that "popped" up right after the Lewinsky thing broke, you know, in your attempt to shift media attention. Thanks for making sure the military pay gap never got the propper attention it deserved. Thanks for expecting everyone in the military to do more with tons less, and a pay check that would make a bum laugh. Oh yeah, thanks for extending food stamps to the roughly 1/4 or military familys that actually qualify for this program! We protect you Billy boy, thanks for.....thanks for.....Thanks for not a goddamn thing.

ctbarnes

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:06 pm

The presidency is no stranger to marital infidelity, and Clintion is not the first one to have an affair in the White House:

Kennedy: He and his brother Bobby were taking turns bonking Marilyn Monroe during their tenure. Bobby's dumping her is believed to be why she committed suicide.

Johnson: Had a pool of three secretaries he frequently called in for "dictation." Once Lady Byrd walked into the Oval Office while Johnson was the middle of said dictation.

Nixon: Who'd want to?

Ford: Probably didn't know how....

Carter: Ever read the Playboy interview?

Reagan: Who'd dare with Nancy always hovering about?

Bush Sr: Nah, never happen in a million years...

Clintion: What are we up to? Six now?

Bush Jr: We'll see...

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

Matt D

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:07 pm

Thank you Mr Clinton for the 5 million new jobs.

My mother has three of them.

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:08 pm

Well, LOT, if you don't want to be made fun of, don't ask stupid questions.

Superfly

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:09 pm

Thank you Bill Clinton for everything you've done.
My life certainly has improved over the last 8-years.

It will be a long time till we get another leader as great as Clinton.
Bring back the Concorde

LOT767-300ER

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:09 pm

Thanx for the prices for Fuel
Thanx for spending our tax money for peacekeeping missions
Thanx for killing off oil companies in Oklahoma and Texas and Alaska
Thanx for Reducing our military
Thanx for the lack of money in the military
Thanx for other nations laughing at us because of you.

LOT767-300ER

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:10 pm

i didnt ask the question you did!

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:17 pm

LOT767-300ER, in view of your seeming inability to comprehend virtually anything, here's a graphical response:  Insane Maybe you'll finally "get it" when you get past the age of 13. Otherwise I have lost hope in America's youth.

L-1011-500

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:28 pm

Raddog -

If 3/4 of the American population would lie under oath, I would like to have you give me the names of all those millions of people. Also, if 3/4 of the million people lied under oath, 3/4 would be guilty under perjury, and thus 3/4 of a million would go to jail or get Johnnie Cochran and tie up the legal system. Honestly, if I, or You, or anybody, had lied under oath, we would be screwed. Plain and simple.

XFSUgimpLB41X

Ctbarnes

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:47 pm

Hmmmm.. notice how it is all the democrat presidents bringing the infidelity to the oval office.. eh?
Chicks dig winglets.

Trvlr

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:49 pm

Hey, thanks for not ruining the country for me. Face it. This country is better off than it was 8 years ago, and although Clinton did nothing to get it this way, at least he didn't stop the process.

Now please get out of the public spotlight!

Aaron G.

doomfox

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:53 pm

I heard a rumor that Abe Lincoln was gay. If thats true, his whole marriage was a lie.

Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:58 pm

My point is, L-1011, that "I or you or anybody" would never be forced to confess intimate details about our sex lives under oath. If people were, a good majority of them would lie to protect themselves and their families, especially if telling the truth serves no particular good other than satisfying the prurient interests of their political enemies. It is absurd to force someone to choose between destroying their families or lying, when none of this is any of your business in the first place. This is PRECISELY why prosecutors don't go around demanding to know if you've been faithful to your spouse.

So my question is this -- why don't we hold all Republicans to the same standard we hold Bill Clinton? After all, the only reason he was asked about sex was because of his politics. So if you think such persecution was so absolutely fair, then what do you think about the scenario I proposed? Let's have prosecutors single out Republicans by scouring the voter registration rolls. Stick every last one of them on the stand and demand that they either confess any marital infidelity or go to jail for perjury. Republicans complain, "Oh, but the Democrats aren't getting put in jail for marital infidelity." But the prosecutors respond, "well, we're putting you in jail for lying, not sex." But it just so happens that Democrats are never asked about sex under oath, so they never are forced to make the decision between family and the truth. You tell me this scenario is fair and I'll stop believing that you are all big fat hypocrites.

ctbarnes

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:04 pm

Hmmmm.. notice how it is all the democrat presidents bringing the infidelity to the oval office.. eh?

The Republicans are not exactly lily white when it comes to adultry either. The whole issue of marital infidelity reeks of hypocracy-on both sides.

As for the listing, I was only trying to poke a little fun, if you pardon the pun.

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

c72

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:04 pm

Thanks for letting me do you those special favors!!!! Oh yeah, and thanks for the cigars!!!

Monica

We're Nuts

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:32 pm

L-1011-500, without reading all the other replies below yours, all I can say is that nobody cared. He never broke a law, so why should he be under oath? And did his lie really try to overt JUSTICE? I don't think so.

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:32 pm

Plain and simple. America has a right to know about Billy's infidelities for this reason. He is our elected representitive to the entire world. When the world looks at our representive, they see us as a whole. They see a lying (under oath no less), cheating, no good huband with the morals of an ally cat. I won't even go into how Billy as the Commander in Chief of Americas Military, is obviously not subject to the same laws on Adultery say I would be if I cheated on my wife. I'd be fucked. Billy gets nationwide sympathy. Hmmmmm.....

Now, is this country better off than it was 8 years ago? Your damn right. Is Billy the sole person responsible? Oh Hell No. The presidency is greater than one man. No one man, president or not, can make, or break this country. Billy had all kinds of advisors telling him what to do. Just like Bush Jr. will, and Gore would have. While Billy did do some things that were beneficial to this country, he did his fair share to weaken it as well. Billy is not personally responsible for the once booming economy, or the low unemployment, or the very controversial NAFTA trade agreement. He may have had his hands in there, but they wern't just his. Now that I think of it, there is one person who probably could control the fate of the US, more or less, and thats Alan Greenspan. And if you don't know why, maybe you outta go study up a little bit.....

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:37 pm

Were Nuts: How about this. Billy broke military law. He is the top guy in the military. Hmmmmm.

Oh, and to all of you thanking him for keeping the gas prices here reasonable, and I use that word losely, you all had better remove your heads from wherever they are, because you need to be thanking OPEC, not Billy. Billy can try, but he has no control over OPEC.

tbar220

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:41 pm

I looked at this thread, and seeing the topic, I knew it would get ugly. This political arguing is annoying...I stopped reading this thread about a fourth of the way down...ugh.

Tzvika
NO URLS in signature

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:44 pm

Thanks Tbar, I personally found your insight to this topic very intriguing.

We're Nuts

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:48 pm

Over
Pricing
Every
Can

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:54 pm

Amen Were Nuts. Okay, this agreeing thing is getting to be to much. But there the ones in control of the gas prices.....not Billy.

We're Nuts

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:57 pm

Anyway, back to the show...

My stance is that while he did lie under oath, he had no right being under oath. He hadn't broken any laws! And his lie never attempted to overt the process of Justice, so how the hell can you justify impeachment?

The Republicans were just out to get him for the Bush defeat, they always have been. and they've publicly admitted it. Eventually it will come out that Monica was simply a political pawn.

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:59 pm

Okay, maybe its just me, but why are we thanking Chelsea as well? What did she do for America? At best, she didn't get pregnant as a teen, portraying a good rolemodel for teen women everywhere, but thats about it.  Yeah sure

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:01 pm

So, KROC, you're saying that because Clinton was the image America presents to the world, Republicans did us all some huge favor by digging up a bunch of dirt about his private sex life (which is none of anybody's business) and airing it out in public? Would the world know about Lewinsky and see Clinton as a "lying, cheating, nogood husband" if Republicans had applied the same standard to him as they did to Gingrich? To Livingston? To Barr? To Chynoweth? The fact is, if Clinton were a Republican and had done the same thing, to this day no one would know who Lewinsky was, and Republicans would be giving him accolades normally reserved for Reagan.

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:05 pm

WN, your ignoring the fact he broke military law. Also, just cause you say he had no business being on a stand, does not negate the fact he commited purgery. Also, while I would have loved to have seen Billy tossed out of the White House, perhaps the Impeachment thing may have been a bit much. Also, you act like its only the republicans who are trying to dig up dirt on the Democratic President. Are you trying to make us believe the Dems are a bunch of saints? Hardly. Its a game both sides play, and have played for decades. I highly doubt that the Democrates are just sitting back to to let G Dubya do his job. I'm sure they got teams of people trying to dig up crap on him............I guess were back to your oh so one sided views again huh?

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:09 pm

Raddog2. I have made it clear in the past, my distaste for Republicans such as Gingrich, Livingston, Barr, and Chynoweth. Also, I do not in any way commend the Republicans for all the dirt they dug up. But hte fact of the matter is, there should have been no dirt to be dug up in the first place. Also, contrary to what you are saying, should Clinton have been a Republican President, I still would have chastised him, and the Democrates WOULD HAVE been the ones digging up the dirt, and initiating Monica-Gate.

We're Nuts

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:13 pm

Me? One sided? Nah....

Well, I personally think the perjury charge should be changed to something far more logical. Like: Perjury in an attempt to overt the process of justice. Which Clinton wasn't guilty of. But that is just an opinion... which I think someone as intelligent as yourself could agree with, no?

And no, the Dems aren't saints. But you must admit that the Reps were seething, foaming at the mouth over Clinton. They were ready to do anything to get him out. Remember Travelgate? Honestly, I don't think they were as ready to impeach a President as they thought they were. I mean, it is a big deal, and considering how few Americans actually cared, it probably would've destroyed the Republican party. I was kind of shocked at how lightly they took the process, it isn't like firing an incompetent bag-boy, they were throwing out a President! And all because it finally got out that we had elected a human.

KROC

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:22 pm

Were Nuts, thats at least twice you have called me intelligent. Wow, gone are the days of the WWF style chair throwing arguements we had. I had to go and ruin it, and bring intelligence on my side to the table as well. I guess it was so I could compete with your obviously high level of intelligence (as one sided as it may be Big grin )

Anyway, the Reps were all to happy to attempt to boot Billy, and yes, I do think they wern't quite ready to do it. I do think more Americans cared than you think, but then again, mayeb its cause I am in the military, and everyoen cared, because hey, I have said it before, if a military member does what Billy did, were screwed. Plus, the deployments that followed right after Monica-Gate broke, left a tremendously bad taste in all our (military) mouths. It was a desperate attempt to divert attention from his indescresions, and I'm sorry, I cannot respect that. Lastly, like I said. I myself was foaming at the mouth, at the thought of Billy out of office, but even I knew there wasn't much, if any chance of getting the job done. It was an issue that should not have been pushed...at least at the time that it was being persued.

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:40 pm

If 3/4 of the American population would lie under oath, I would like to have you give me the names of all those millions of people. Also, if 3/4 of the million people lied under oath, 3/4 would be guilty under perjury, and thus 3/4 of a million would go to jail...plain and simple.

The facts are that there are thousands of perjury (criminal and civil, especially divorce and custody cases) commited in court rooms all over the country. The judicial system is adversarial pitting one side against another--put it simply, one side is lying...and remember, lawyers are involved. Big grin It doesn't make it right, but it happens.

Look, no one was ever prosecuted in the Mia Farrow v. Woody Allen custody case, pretty damn sure one side lying. And the O.J Simpson case, only one person was prosecuted for perjury (Mark Furhman pled guilty and was given a slap in the wrist--no jail time).

Padre, You forgot Ike. Dwight David Eisenhower was one of the biggest womanizer in the around. Poor Mamie.

Someone's private life shouldn't matter anyhow. As for Bill Clinton, as long as he took care of the Dow Jones, he could have his way with Paula Jones. Big grin

We're Nuts

Thu Feb 08, 2001 3:46 pm

There is something so unsatisfying about the discussions LOT and I have, so I've decided respect is more important.  Big grin

I'm really not so sure the military action was to take attention away from his own problems... I mean, it really wasn't his decision, was it? Unless he was in cahoots with Milosevic. Anyway, it is probably mute point. Any Republican President would have done the same.