seven_fifty7

Hey, Steely Dan Fans

Fri Feb 09, 2001 7:38 am

Steely Dan is utterly awesome. I'm thinking about purchasing their latest CD, "Two Against Nature." Does anyone know if it's any good? I don't know if Donald Fagan and the gang can ever outdo cuts like, "Hey Nineteen", "FM", "Do It Again", "Aja", or "Black Cow."

And speaking of "Black Cow," I need help. There was a popular rap tune in the 90s that used this popular Steely Dan song for their intro and a few refrains. Does anyone know the rap artist(s) and title of this song that they got from Black Cow?

Much appreciated.

RE: Hey, Steely Dan Fans

Fri Feb 09, 2001 7:44 am

Hey I just downloaded most of those (songs) from Napster, plus these: Home At Last, Josie, Deacon Blues, Kid Charlemagne, Peg and Rikki Don't Lose That Number  Big thumbs up

redraider

Fri Feb 09, 2001 7:47 am

A Clinton and Steely Dan fan???
My wife can't wrestle, but you should see her box.

Fri Feb 09, 2001 7:50 am

I listen to Ted Nugent also. Big grin

Superfly

Fri Feb 09, 2001 7:55 am

Steely Dan is awsome!
I have every album from 'Can't buy a Thrill' up to the newest album. I even have the first three in quadraphonic Lp & 8-track. My favorites are 'Aja', 'Katie Lied' and 'Countdown to Ecstacy'.
You should definatly get there new album.

BTW, do you like the Doobie Brothers?
Jeff Skunk Baxter and Michael McDonald was in Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers too.
Bring back the Concorde

RE: Superfly

Fri Feb 09, 2001 8:02 am

I've been recently downloading a bunch of 70's song from Napster: Jefferson Starhip, Fleetwood Mac, Chicago. Plus singles such as Freda Payne's Band of Gold, Edison Lighthouse's Love Grows (Where Rosemary Grows) and Gallery's cover of Mac Davis' I Believe in Music.  Big thumbs up

Sorry, I got off the subject...