HERE THEY ARE, THE ANSWERS TO ALL QUESTIONS FOR THOSE WHO COULDN'T FIGURE THEM OUT.
1. What shipwreck did Mel Fisher spend most of his life trying to find?
-LA SENORA DE ATOCHA (A SPANISH GALLEON CARRYING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN PRECIOUS ITEMS BACK TO SPAIN, BUT SANK IN A HURRICANE)
2. Name the world famous vehicles that give visitors tours of the island of Key West. (Hint........ it's not a trolly, although we have those here too.)
-CONCH TOUR TRAINS
3. What is the name of the house that Harry Truman vacationed at in Key West while president?
-LITTLE WHITE HOUSE (TOLD YOU IT WAS OBVIOUS)
4. In miles, how far is it from Key West to Cuba?
5. In miles, how long is the longest bridge in the Florida Keys and what is it's name?
-7 MILES LONG, SEVEN MILE BRIDGE
6. In what year did the Labor Day, category 5 hurricane hit the Florida Keys?
7. What nickname is given to the stretch of Road between Homestead, FL and Key Largo?
-18 MILE STRETCH (IT WAS STARING STRAIGHT BACK AT YOU THE WHOLE TIME)
8. What three Florida airports does Cape Air fly to from Key West?
-NAPLES, FT. MYERS, FT. LAUDERDALE
9. What key/island is considered to be the fishing capital of the world?
-ISLAMORADA (LOOKS LIKE WE DON'T HAVE MANY FISHERMEN ON THESE FORUMS)
10. What did the first people to discover Key West originally name it?
-CAYO HUESO---MEANING ISLAND OF BONES IN SPANISH
11. What is the name the locals give of the mountain of trash on Stock Island?
12, From what 'business' did Key West recieve most of it's wealth from during the 1800s?
-SHIPWRECKING (WHENEVER A SHIP WOULD WRECK ON THE REEF, LOCAL CAPTAINS WOULD ATTEMPT TO RESCUE THE CREW AND CARGO OF THE SHIP BEFORE IT SANK.)
13. What is the name of the annual, week-long Halloween Celebration in Key West?
14. What street is mentioned in the Village people's song about Key West?
-DUVAL ST. (THEY 'WALK DOWN' DUVAL ST.)
15. What is so unusual about the cats that live at the Ernest Hemingway House?
-MANY HAVE MORE THAN 5 TOES ON EACH FOOT (SEE REDNGOLD'S POST ABOUT THESE TYPES OF CATS ABOVE)
16. Where was Dr. Mudd imprisoned?
-FORT JEFFERSON ON THE DRY TORTUGAS
There you go. Congratulations to any who answered these correctly. Maybe you learned something, maybe you didn't. I hope you at least found some of this interesting.