2) Well, it's a train that runs via magnetic levitation. It can reach speeds of 300 mph, and it does not use conventional rails.
3) Ferrari F30, F40, F50
I believe the Testarossa is no longer made, but it was certainly a well-known model, especially to VETTE players
I think I'm forgetting some other well known model
3B) Train à Grande Vitesse (not the most original name, don't you think?)
5) Lambourghini, Ferrari, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Maserati
Is Fiat no longer around, or am I just imagining that? Come to think of it, is AR??
6) The daughter of the French distributer. Original name was Diamler-Benz.
10) Intel Pentium 4 at around 1.4 ghz? Or maybe something by Athlon. Intel is in Silicon Valley
11) Sprit of America, I guess. It broke the sound barrier.
12) NORAD (duh!)
12) Stanford is one (SLAC)
13) Well, there's the Nimitz, Enterprise, Kennedy off the top of my head. It seems like half of our most recent Presidents have one named after them.