The incessant stream state-related quizzes continues. This time it's California's turn:
1) In what year did California celebrate its sesquicentennial as a state in the Union?
2) Name the 5 largest cities in California by population in descending order.
3) What city was Pete Wilson mayor of before he became the governor of California?
4) What major sporting event was scheduled to happen in San Francisco on the day of the Loma Prieta Earthquake, and what teams were competing in it?
5) The approximate figure of people who have plummeted to their deaths falling from the Golden Gate Bridge is:
6) What is a Sig Alert? Extra points for the exact definition.
7) What place in Los Angeles features vintage amusement park rides on a pier over the Pacific Ocean?
8) How many bridges cross the San Francisco Bay south of San Rafael? Name them.
9) Name as many cities as you can in California that have commercial air service. There are 25+.
10) Name the 5 highest points (mountains) in California, or give the names and elevations of the 3 highest points.