Ok. I admit it. I am not the most savvy of people when it comes to using PC's.
I have some questions that maybe some of you can help me with.
1. What is an "illegal operation"?
2. What is "Dr. Watson" that comes up when my programs lock up?
3. WHY do some programs just lock up sometimes, and only Ctrl/alt/delete will free you up?
4. Why do you need so many "plug in's" to view so many web sites? How do these plug ins work, and are they really necessary, or are they just another way to get you to spend money to 'upgrade' your computer?
5. When downloading a file, how come the status bar will stay at "loading 100%" for sometimes several minutes? If the file is 100% downloaded, shouldn't it be ready for viewing?
6. I use AOL (the worst online service ever invented). Why does the connection speed vary from 21400 to 31200 bps connection speed each time I dial up?
7. Why does AOL not allow you to have more than one window open at a time?
8. I've heard that there are programs out there that allow people to anonymously "snipe" and shut down any other AOL user whenever they want.
If such a program exists, why? Does it serve any useful purpose, or is it solely to be obnoxious and fulfil some kind of "power trip"?
9. I've heard of "easter eggs" (programs hidden inside another). The only ones I've seen are the Hall of Tortured Souls embedded in Excel 95, and Pinball for Word buried in Word 2000.
What is the purpose of putting them there-and are there any other ones?
I do think they are kind of neat.
10. Why does AOL mail purge itself after 30 days? I also use MS Outlook, and all messages (inbox and out) will stay as long as you want.
Is there a way to archive old items in AOL?