How About Sending Gang Members Into The Military.

Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:11 pm

If they want to fight so much why not send them to Paris island and turn them into elite marines. It would lower crime, Help the soldier shortage and turn there lives around.

KROC

RE: How About Sending Gang Members Into The Military.

Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:13 pm

How about no? Being a military member, I can say that there are enough problems to deal with, without have to play rehabilitation to Gang Members.

CPDC10-30

Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:18 pm

Isn't that what "Arkan" was famous for doing?

Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:27 pm

How about sending them to the gas chamber......

Aussiemite

Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:34 pm

yeh right turn criminals into elite criminals

Trvlr

Tue Feb 27, 2001 2:25 pm

Oh my god. Giving them power legally would be the final step...

Aaron G.

Tue Feb 27, 2001 2:54 pm

>How about sending them to the gas chamber......

Haha... while that is a bit extreme, I don't think its too far off the mark. Stiffer penalties for crime (especially armed crimes) should be imposed.

Here's what I propose:

Automatic capital punishment for murder one; automatic capital punishment for murder two when committed with a gun.
Automatic life in prison without the possibility of parole for any crime committed with a gun.

Instead of taking guns away from law abiding citizens, we can make extremely stiff penalties for using guns. That's using your head...

Tue Feb 27, 2001 3:09 pm

Hey, it works for the French Foreign Legion. Big grin

ryu2

Tue Feb 27, 2001 5:12 pm

Automatic capital punishment for murder one; automatic capital punishment for murder two when committed with a gun.

The first suggestion basically makes the second suggestion impossible.  Smile

Matt D

Tue Feb 27, 2001 10:24 pm

Actually, I think it's a brilliant idea that would serve a dual purpose.
First, as stated above, if they want to fight, let them fight. They can not only fire all the semi-automatic weapons they want, but they will get ISSUED said weapons from the Government to do it with. I would think it would be a gangsters dream. It also gets them off the streets and makes things safer for us.
Second, use them as "expendable front line grunts" by sending them first into battle, which as we all know, are usually the first ones to come back in burlap bags.
That way the real soldiers have improved odds of survival, and once again, we've disposed of the gang bangers.

mls515

Wed Feb 28, 2001 12:03 am

I think that's a bad idea. If you are a normal person, would you join the military if you knew there would be a bunch of crazies in there already?

Wed Feb 28, 2001 5:46 am

Ohh.... F**K no....

I served in the Marines in the Infantry and in Counter Terrorismn Teams (FAST Co's if yer wondering).

This is a bad bad idea....

Lets give people with no respect for society, the law, the country or the government training in firearms, tactics and techniques that they could then use to retrain their buddies into a "para-military, high speed" gang???

Over my dead body..

Capital punishment, and striping their rights...

how about that?

lax2000

Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:18 am

I'm sure our armed forces are already full of gang members.

KROC

Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:40 am

Plain and Simple. You don't take a gang member, send him through basic training or boot camp, and make him more dangerous than he already is. Sure you can argue about putting them on the front lines, but who says they will do the right thing up there. Forcing people to be soldiers does not work, especially when it counts!

Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:19 am

Here in Seattle, the King County Jail has some inmates cook food in the kitchen (my mother, who works for the Superior Court, was unpleasantly surprised when she found out her cookie was made by an inmate next door:D) so that they can get a job cooking something when they get out. Rather than placing them in the military, I think the system should do more of that- training them for real-world jobs that they can go to upon release. Then they can be productive members of society and stay out of the corrections system.

Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:48 am

Ummm.....yea, lets give them guns...I would LOVE the be the drill sergent telling the gang bangers what to do...yea right!

CPDC10-30

RE: N766AS

Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:50 am

Glad to hear a rather progressive idea coming from you. I aggree.

Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:52 am

Just what we need, MORE corrupt people working for the government/in the millitary...