Administrators Please Read

Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:38 pm

Johan etc.

Yesterday there was a post concerning a topic which some might have considered inappropriate, but I don't think it was, compared to some of the things I have read in this forum in the past, and which haven't disappered so quickly.

This morning, I posted a new thread enquiring whether the topic in question had been deleted.

Now I find that thread has also disappeared.

Please, I appreciate all the time&effort you put into making this great site work, but I don't appreciate it when threads just disappear without any explanation-that's not fair on me, and the other users.

Of course, this is your site, and you have the right to edit any posts you consider inappropriate-but I think it would be better if you provided a short note at the end of the offending message with the reason why you had to close the entire thread.

I was in the middle of an interesting conversation with another member of the forum until that thread just vanished.

This is just a constructive criticism, I am not saying I disagree with your having deleted yesterday's post.

Rgds
CP

USAFHummer

RE: Administrators Please Read

Tue Apr 03, 2001 9:08 pm

CP...

I whole-heartedly agree...I would also like to see the reasons why posts/topics are deleted...BTW what thread are you referring to??

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Wed Apr 04, 2001 12:20 am

I feel the same way. if they are going to delted a topic, they should e-mial the person who started the topic giving the reasons for which it was delted. I had started a topic last night, one about "I am Mad, Chat room realted" which was about someone who registered the name i always use, then had actually used my name, and some stuff like that. That topic was deleted about about 8 replies. I would like to know why. I was just bringing it to the attention of other people, nobody was being mean on the topic, using bad language or anytying. I would really like to know why my topic was delted. Ya know?

I agree.

seven_fifty7

Wed Apr 04, 2001 12:27 am

Are you sure it was deleted? A lot of times I thought the same thing about my topics. But when I did a search on them, behold! --they reappeared. Sometimes they're just "tucked away" for some reason, rather than outright deleted?

Just a guess.

Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:28 am

USAF Hummer

I won't mention the topic involved for now, as the Administrators may think it is inappropriate.

I tried a search this morning-but to no avail. So I posted a thread asking what had happened to it-I came back to check it for replies about 1 hour later, and it had also vanished.

I just want to say again, thanks to Johan and his crew for making this site possible-we all appreciate it BUT I don't feel it's right to just randomly delete/tuck away what I and others regarded as an interesting thread-

I can't remember any harsh language or verbal abuse taking place in the thread in question.

I am just asking the person who deleted the thread to explain why he was prompted to do so.

Rgds
CP

USAFHummer

Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:45 am

Capt.

You can e-mail me at TheThumb14410@aol.com if you would like to and tell me...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:24 am

That happened to me a few weeks ago... when I inquired with a new thread, that was promptly taken care of as well. Hmmmm...

Fri Apr 13, 2001 11:18 pm

Back to the top!; still waiting for an answer!!

CP

administrator

Sat Apr 14, 2001 12:07 am

A topic is removed when it violates the rules. I do not have the time to send out personal messages to everyone who wants an explanation to why his/her topic was deleted. If you have questions to why a topic was deleted, you will find the answer here.

I know you demand better service than that as you're paying me all this money and all Big grin, so in the future, I hope to be able to create a script that semi-automatically sends out an email to the user describing that his post were deleted and including the rule it broke.

I also hope to be able to create a system to involve the more experienced users in the post-removal process, letting me concentrate on expanding and improving the site.

Please have patience.

Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)