Sleeping To The Top

Sat Apr 07, 2001 5:02 pm

I have a question for you guys to ponder:

What do you think about sleeping to the top? I.E. I was always naive thinking that was a wise tale and that it really didn't happen. But over this past year in my company I have become aware that many people are doing it, AND, getting ahead for it too! I personally think it is disgusting. I am shocked that these people, when confronted w/ the rumour, rarely make an effort to deny or cover anything up. Recently I just got a major promotion where I am overseeing a staff of 15 people, many women, and I swear one of them is giving me the signals. So, has anyone else dealt w/ this? How do you resolve the situation and discourage the behavior without causing outright friction in the work place?

RE: Sleeping To The Top

Sat Apr 07, 2001 5:11 pm

It's a common practice in corporate America and it makes me want to puke!
I work for a very well established consulting firm. The only women that have any high ranking position are whores! It's quite obvious too.
I hang out after work and have drinks with co-workers and I see what happens when you get a few drinks in some ladies and a few VPs hanging out together.
Secrets come out and you can see who are willing to go to bed with there bosses for a promotion.
Another form of prositution if you ask me.

It angers me because as a man, I have to work and earn my way up. Not to say that I would sleep my way up either if I had the choise.
My point is that merit dosen't always get you to where you deserve to be.
Bring back the Concorde

RE: Superfly

Sun Apr 08, 2001 12:13 am

As a man i got to work my way up...

Puhleeze. Guys sleep around too. And now i am beginning to think they do it more than the gals.

I am working on this site for fashion models, and not jsut gals, but Guys, and straight guys at that were virtually throwing themselves at me!

While i was flattered no end at the chicks throwing themselves at me, i just didnt know how to handle the guys!

Sun Apr 08, 2001 4:05 am

I wasn't trying to sound sexist in any way. I admit after reading it, it does appear a little sexist. Embarrassment

I am aware that men sleep there way up too. Down in LA in the entertainment industry, it is real common for men to sleep there way up. The company I work for is a little old school and the gays there are still 'in the closet' and aren't very open about it.
The women there are just a bit too obvious about it.

I just think that sleeping your way to the top is just awful and discusting.
Bring back the Concorde

RE: Sleeping To The Top

Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:02 am

I would do it at my current job BUT I would never initiate something like that, only if they came to me (the only reason I would do it is because most of my managers are hot and my job doesnt pay worth a damn). But on the other hand, if I was a manager I would not give any of my employees a raise or promotion because I slept with them. Anyways dont call me a sicko cause I would sleep with some of my managers (even if I wasnt getting a raise or a promotion) because some of them are so hot.

Sun Apr 08, 2001 9:38 am

Your not sick at all.
If they're hot, go for it!

Just don't expect a promotion for it.
Bring back the Concorde