Matt D
Topic Author

For The Love Of Bill Clinton

Sat Apr 21, 2001 2:23 pm

Gosh....Bill Clinton was THE man. He was higher than the Almighty himself!
I mean let's face it. He is the most loved, powerful, and smartest human in history. He could've walked on water if he wanted to.

This is what I would love to see:

G.W. Bush thrown out, and Clinton brought back and made "permanent" leader of the US, until he resigns.

Disband the GOP party, and rename the Democratic party simply "The Peoples Party of Clinton".

Every monetary demoniation, paper and coin changed to where they only had Bill Clintons portrait on it.

Washington DC renamed "Clintontown"

Reagan National Airport renamed "Clinton National Airport"

The Washington Monument renamed the Clinton Monument

Arkansas, California, or New York. Rename one of them The State of Clinton.

Bill Clintons Birthday, inauguration day made National Holidays.

Change the national Symbol from that of a bald eagle to that of a portrait of Bill Clinton.

All of those involved with the impeachment of Clinton, and the Whitewater affair be brought up on felony charges for attemping to blasphemize a National Figure as important as Bill Clinton.

The "Pledge of Allegiance" be re-worded to be the "Pledge to Clinton".

The years of 1993-2001 be officially titled for all history books, "The Age of Clinton".

Anyone who dares speak negatively about our hero Bill is intolerant, bigoted, and ignorant. Either an immediate political conversion, or public execution will be in order.

I love you Bill Clinton!!!!!!

Long live "Slick Willie"!!!!!!

AS737900

RE: For The Love Of Bill Clinton

Sat Apr 21, 2001 2:29 pm

Exscuse me while I go puke.  Smile

Although, admittedly, perhaps Clinton does deserve some sort of monument. Not much of one mind you, but some sort of monument... perhaps in the middle of the Mojave somewhere.

We're Nuts

Sat Apr 21, 2001 2:50 pm

Okay Matt, we get it. What's bothering you now?
Dear moderators: No.

An-225

Sat Apr 21, 2001 3:02 pm

Sure, why not? hehehe.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Sat Apr 21, 2001 3:06 pm

>but some sort of monument... perhaps in the middle of the Mojave somewhere

HAHA.. I love it. No- we should put up a small monument (modeled after his small ego, of course!) in Harlem. It can be of aid to a dog that needs to..uh..relieve himself.

We're Nuts

Sat Apr 21, 2001 3:12 pm

Oh shut up, Zach.

Clinton International Airport, Washington.  Big thumbs up

Twotterwrench

Sat Apr 21, 2001 3:31 pm

Matt, you are a moron, and your annoying and ridiculous post deserves no more response than that.

Sat Apr 21, 2001 3:47 pm

Ha! Only if there was one in Clinton, Washington, which my sectional says there isn't. We shouldn't go around renaming perfectly named airports after half-rate presidents.

n907cl

Sat Apr 21, 2001 10:19 pm

Matt D way overboard on this one especially referring that Bill C. is better than Almighty God. I keep a list of posters I do not read anymore, because of stupid remarks like this, Matt D is now number three on it!
Brian

Sat Apr 21, 2001 10:23 pm

gone...but not forgotten.  Big thumbs up

Bill

SophieMaltese

Sat Apr 21, 2001 10:28 pm

Speak for yourself. I hate liars and he is definitely a big one.

Superfly

SophieMaltese

Sat Apr 21, 2001 10:35 pm

He wasn't the first nor will he be the last liar!

At least he was smarter than the current jerk in the White House!

Goodnight everyone!

Again!
Happy 4/20 Everyone it was deleated before.

Smokin cool
Bring back the Concorde

cba

RE: SophieMaltese

Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:48 am

Hell, George Bush has an airport named after him, and he didn't do anything. Reagan has an airport, and he fired air traffic controllers. I think Clinton at least deserves an airport.

One thing I've noticed is that the last decent republican president was Eisenhower. After that, the democrats have had to fix all of the problems that republican administrations left. Clinton spend 8 years clearing up all of the crap left from Reagan.

We're Nuts

Cba

Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:37 am

Yes, Reagan did a lot to hurt this country, but you have to give credit to Bush for at least trying to fix what he screwed up.

Naming airports after half-rate presidents seems to be the new fad these days, so I guess we can't name one after Clinton--he was a great President!

N312RC

Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:47 am

This "4/20" thing.... I dont get it. Are you celebrating Hitler's Birthday? Because 4/20 is Hitler's Birthday.

From reading some responses to Matt D's post, some of you dont get it that Matt D is being SARCASTIC. He is just mimicing the behavior of most of the "Cult of Clinton" followers who are members of this forum.
N/A

Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:18 am

Personaly, I liked Clinton, and still do. This is one stupid and immaure post, Matt D.

We're Nuts

Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:58 am

N312RC,

4/20 = 4:20 = school's out = Smokin cool

Get it?

Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:39 am

I know the primary purpose of the Internet is to piss off one another, but we should not assume that every post is intended to accomplish that task. I suspect that this was intended to be one of those rare non-inflamatory posts. In his own satirical manner, Matt points out one of the primary challenges facing the Democratic Party: how to denounce the failings of your party's most popular recent president while still embracing his accomplishments. It is a problem many of us in the Republican Party face with Ronald Reagan. While he was directly responsible for pulling us out of the Carter recession and causing the fall of the Soviet Union, he also failed to control spending which led to massive deficits. In addition, he sold arms to Iran in contravention of American law and diverted the proceeds to the Nicaraguan Contras in violation of yet another law. While I am convinced that his motives were good (opposing Communism in Central America while promoting moderate opposition parties in Iran), his methods were, ultimately, illegal. We as Republicans must be willing to accept this.

At the same time, Democrats must be willing to accept Clinton's failures while embracing his strengths. He presided over the longest and largest economic expansion in American history (while we may argue about who caused it, it cannot be disputed that Clinton did nothing to screw it up--no small feat). In addition, he took important steps such as reforming welfare and reducing the deficit. But just as Republicans must recognize Reagan's missteps, so too must Democrats recognize Clinton's. Clinton was the first president in 130 years to be impeached--not for having an affair with a woman 4 years older than his daughter, and not as a result of a vast right-wing conspiracy. He was impeached for committing perjury in a deposition during the course of a federal lawsuit in which he was charged with gender discrimination (hostile work environment and quid pro quo sexual harassment) in violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He governed not through adherence to promises or ideology, but rather through the application of public opinion polls. He may have accepted bribes in which the quo was the pardon of America's greatest tax cheat ever. Most importantly, he engaged in campaign finance abuses which have greatly weakened the confidence of the American public in the integrity of our democratic system.

Democrats must come to grips with these and other failures of the past administration. The more they deny them, the more Democrats will be marginalized by a public that recognizes these failures while happily accepting the bounty of a good economy. Matt D, while satarizing Democrats who apologize for every Clinton failure (he was only lying about sex, everybody accepts money from the Chinese, and the rest), cleaverly demonstrates the repulsion that the majority of Americans feel when they hear these ridiculous excuses. Good show, Matt!

We're Nuts

Sun Apr 22, 2001 5:58 am

>one of the primary challenges facing the Democratic Party: how to denounce the failings of your party's most popular recent president while still embracing his accomplishments.

And of course that doesn't apply to any other party, right? I think you are breathing proof that it does....

Insane

Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:16 am

>>One thing I've noticed is that the last decent republican president was Eisenhower. After that, the democrats have had to fix all of the problems that republican administrations left.

And you know this cba, because you were alive during all of the previous Repbulican administrations since Eisenhower?

cba

JonPaulGeoRngo

Mon Apr 23, 2001 5:06 am

I've paid close attention to my history textbook and other sources.

tupolev154b2

Mon Apr 23, 2001 5:35 am

Better than the moron that we now have in the White House...

An-225

Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:09 am

Same goes to conservatives. You wanna have a banana republic - why don't you move to one then.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

tupolev154b2

Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:52 am

Sure. Take your racist rhetoric with you.

Pilot1113

Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:44 pm

I did see a rather large blow up penis being swung out of a fraternity window this weekend. Until now, I didn't think they were political.

I guess they were just showing their appreciation for a great leader! I'm glad that everyone thinks that Bill is a great leader. All hail Bill Clinton! May he live long and prosper.

Too bad we're not going to have President Hillary Clinton. I was looking forward to a President who puts her needs below those of her people. A selfless person is the first quality I look for when I go to the voting booth!

- Neil Harrison

tupolev154b2

Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:58 pm

President Hillary Clinton? Yeah right - never.

On the other hand, Bill Clinton deserves more appreciation for his work despite his morality problems.

And Matt D, I have you on my Respected Users list because of your strong willingness to stand up for and defend your positions rationally unlike other folks (i.e. N312RC, who stepped over the line by using the word "chink" and actually defended the use of it), but to you and other conservatives alike, look - Bill Clinton is already out of office, so why don't you stop wasting bandwith and quit it with the attacks on him on this forum?

Pilot1113

Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:01 pm

A clarification on my last post...

I think that giant blow up penis was from the gift shop at the Clinton memorial.

- Neil Harrison

DeltaRNOmd-80

Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:23 pm

you guys do realize that either MattD is joking or someone got a hold of his password and is typing stuff in his name, right?

CPDC10-30

Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:53 pm

shouldn't go around renaming perfectly named airports after half-rate presidents

Ahem....what about Regan airport????

doomfox

Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:15 pm

It amazes me that people can get so crazy something they have no control over.

Pilot1113

Wed Apr 25, 2001 1:41 am

**beep** **beep** Bill Clinton is the best President ever! **beep** I love the democratic party! **beep** Hillary Clinton will be our president in 2004. **beep** I love Hillary Clinton!

Standby... awaiting next command. *beep*