Tony Lu
Topic Author

To Everyone Who Have Tried Freeze-Dried Space Food

Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:19 am

Hi,
Please tell me what those freeze-dried Astronaut Food tastes like because I just ordered some on http://www.flyingsaucers.com/astrofd.htm.

Example:

Astronaut cheese pizza: dried, good, tastes like real pizza but ..............

Strawberries:...........................

Fries:..................................

Ice cream sandwiches:........

Thanks,
Tony Lu Big grin  Smile

N312RC

RE: To Everyone Who Have Tried Freeze-Dried Space Food

Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:40 am

I bought some freeze dried ice cream from the Smithsonian Air & Space museum when I went there. Its not bad at all! It looks like a sanding block, but when you put it in your mouth, it melts and tastes EXACTLY like normal food.
N/A

Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:21 am

I love freeze dried ice cream! We had some in Florida some where. Also, we had the strawberries, now, in my opinion, those wern't the best, but still edible.

Adam84

Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:07 am

I had some of the freeze dried ice cream bars when I went to the Kennedy Space Center. It must have been old or something because it didnt just melt in my mouth, it tasted good and all, its was just the fact that I had to bite into the rock hard ice cream to actually eat it.

SophieMaltese

Sun Apr 22, 2001 6:15 am

I tried the icecream years ago. I can't remember too well what it tasted like, but it wasn't anything like icecream!

VirginLover

Sun Apr 22, 2001 7:59 am

That icecream is damn good! And the strawberries are pretty good as well. Can't wait till I go back to DC in May.. gonna get me a few packs!