iflycoach

What Would Have Happened If You Made Choice B

Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:15 am

Here is a good one, what would have happened if you would taken choice B instead of A?

Two days ago on the way home from my dentist, my Dad was cut off by a lady that just came over into our lane, luckily my Dad swerved and hit the brakes and was able to miss, later that night our truck is broken into and the radio and the faceplate (which had been under the seat) were stolen. My question to you, what if my Dad would have let that lady hit us just so she would pay a little more attention to the road next time? The result would have been the truck would have been in the body shop and the radio would have never been stolen!

So what's your story?

Western727

RE: What Would Have Happened If You Made Choice B

Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:36 pm

Well, what the heck - we are all friends here...

Well, I could have gotten married, but I didn't. We were to different. She comes from a loud family, I come from a quiet one. Her family buys lots of expensive stuff, mine doesn't. She has emotional issues from her past, I don't. I like quiet and tranquility and time to collect my thoughts, she likes excitement. She made lots of sarcastic comments, and I am hurt by sarcasm. It would have never worked. But the fact remains, I could have married her. In fact, she had the ring already (which I still feel she pushed me into buying)... The breakup was pretty hard on both of us. I could have avoided the temporary pain, but I was trying to avoid a lifetime (and eternity if you hold my views of the afterlife) of pain. I traded short term misery for longterm happiness. I stick by that decision. She says that she loves me, but I have a hard time believing it. If she really did love me, she wouldn't have treated me that way. Perhaps she interpret the fact that she found someone she thought she could manipulate as love. I interpreted her lack of concern for my welfare as a lack of love. Anyway, I know better know. I talked to her the other day. She still hasn't changed. This experience has made me a much stronger person.

*whew* that felt good to say.

Well, that's my story...
Jack @ AUS

Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:47 pm

I think about it a lot...

...most recently when I was playing the McDonalds 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?' game.  Big grin

Ikarus

Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:23 pm

Watch "Run Lola Run" and enjoy this highly entertaining movie.....

It shows 3 different developments of the same situation, depending on how fast the main character is running down the stairs of her house...

Regards

Ikarus