N312RC
Topic Author

NBC's "The West Wing".

Thu May 10, 2001 8:14 pm

Now isnt that the greatest TV show you ever did see? Last night, the president's secretary (Mrs. Lanningham) was killed in a car accident. Really sad.

Even though the show is based around a democrat president, the show is really good.
N/A

globetrotter

RE: NBC's "The West Wing".

Fri May 11, 2001 12:50 am

N312RC,

I agree. I only began watching the show this season but was quickly hooked. Of course, it's a very liberal White House, and the staff are way off ideologically for my tastes often, but there is a balance that's refreshing. When Republicans are featured, they are actually presented as smart and principled (i.e. Ainsley Hayes). A rare sight on American TV these days!

Globetrotter

Fri May 11, 2001 12:55 am

When Republicans are featured, they are actually presented as smart and principled.

What can you expect from television...it's make believe.

Big grin Big grin Big grin

N312RC
Topic Author

Fri May 11, 2001 1:15 am

CstarU,

Well, I think it's pretty true. Theres a democrat in the white house, and he's got a scandal brewing!
N/A

Pilot1113

Fri May 11, 2001 12:33 pm

I can't believe that Mrs. Landingham was killed. To be quite honest here, when I heard that I felt I was punched in the stomach.

She was one my favorite characters on the show. She was always the nice old lady with the sarcrastic remark. I thought the one previous to her getting killed was a good one, "...under the code of ethics for the Executive Branch section 401 all members are allowed gifts not totalling over $20 dollars. If they want to give me a $19 dollar discount on my car, I'll take it..."

President Bartlett can't seem to catch a break here! First he was shot, now he's on the road to impeachment, what's next?

I would love to see the White House (the one on the show) prepare for an imminent nuclear disaster that would make a great season finale! Evacuating the White House and then... does China (or Russia) fire or don't they? Find out next season!

I think this show is a masterpiece. Aaron Sorkin is a master writer and great with the fast pace and quick wit required to keep audiences. It's a shame he got himself arrested. Hopefully that won't keep him back too much. I know... I love my "West Wing."

P.S. Anyone know where I can get the theme song? Is there an mp3 someplace?

- Neil Harrison

N400QX

Fri May 11, 2001 12:50 pm

I agree with you all... though the politics on The West Wing can be horrifically liberal, it somehow captures my attention (and one hour of every Wednesday). I'm addicted.

I, too, was shocked when Charley told the Cheif of Staff that Mrs. Lanningham was killed... that nice, funny old lady. I wonder why they did it.

Neil- I have found The West Wing theme on Napster (gasp!). Thats about it.

One final note- Globetrotter hit it on the head... the show is surprisingly balanced (or as much possible on an NBC drama). I enjoy it a lot when I see characters such as Ainsley Hayes kick liberal ass on the show.  Big grin

VirginA340

Fri May 11, 2001 1:04 pm

Ainsley Hayes is great along with Mrs Lanningham He witty remarks will be missed. My favorite character is Toby. He has great comeback whenever in an argument. I think Martin Sheen plays a great president and I hope that he is not impeached. Josh's secretary is a hotty and I hope they never get rid of her. Josh is way too stressed and Rob Lowe is another person that plays a gret presidential aid. It's also too bad that we don't have CJ as a Press Secretary in real life.
"FUIMUS"

N312RC
Topic Author

Fri May 11, 2001 10:01 pm

If you want the whole theme in high-quality MP3 format, go here:

http://themes.editthispage.com/stories/storyReader$733
N/A

globetrotter

RE: CstarU

Fri May 11, 2001 10:46 pm

Ah, yes, the glorious days of bipartisanship are upon us once more. . .

Globetrotter