Pacific
Topic Author

Nesticle- Anyone Play It?

Tue May 15, 2001 1:54 pm

Anyone have Nesticle in their PC's? For those who doesn't know what it is, it is a free software which enables you to play the classic old Nintendo games on your PC!
http://bloodlust.zophar.net/NESticle/nes.html

Pacific

CPDC10-30

RE: Nesticle- Anyone Play It?

Tue May 15, 2001 2:01 pm

My boyfriend used to be crazy about that emulator. I'll ask him if he'd care to join in the discussion. He's a real video game freak.

B727-200

Tue May 15, 2001 4:34 pm

Pardon me, but, somehow my brain substituted the "N" with a "T" at the start of "Nesticle" when I read the topic title. Embarrassment

Gave me one of the best laughs I have had today though!  Big thumbs up

Wed May 16, 2001 8:51 am

I have Nesticle and play with it all the time. I also have 'no$gmb', a shareware Gameboy emulator plus lots of games for each!

Corey777

N400QX

Wed May 16, 2001 8:55 am

rotflmao...B727-200  Laugh out loud

Wed May 16, 2001 9:48 am

Never played Nesticle, but play "Pocketpool" quite often...  Big grin

Yukee

Thu May 17, 2001 5:18 pm

Hi there, I am CPDC-10's boyfriend.
He invited me to join this discussion, so here I am.

I wonder why would you guys still like to use Nesticle.
It used to be one of the best Nintendo emulator, but not anymore. The author gave up on it more than 1 and a half years ago. The sound emulation is outdated.
It does not support that many mappers.

I would suggest you to check out www.zophar.net
There are all kinds of emulators, including SNES, NES,
Playstation I, arcade, gameboy, gameboy color, gameboy advance (it's just amazing, gb advance just released in Japan a few months ago, and there is one emulator that can run 24 commercial games already.)
There are also emulators for simulate other computers, such as Macintosh. ie: running Macintosh OS on Windows.

Among those NES emulators, I personally think Unofficial Nester is the best so far. It supports so many different mappers, Graphic and sound emulation is nearly perfect. It supports jobstick, gamepad , netplay.
Also, make sure to try out SNES9x or ZSNES if you like
classic games.

If you get a fast computer, make sure to try out Impact (an arcade emulator), it's really cool.

Yukee @@- with tilted glasses

Pacific
Topic Author

Mon May 21, 2001 3:38 pm

I couldn't find any other emulator for the nintendo games. To tell the truth, I got pretty much lost at zophar.net.
Nintendo was the first and only TV console I had. My parents took lots of convincing to get one in the early 90's. It broke down 4 years back. I still think it's the best ever TV console ever (I love the Playsation as well whenever I get to play at my cousin's place- some 1200kms away). One day very recently, someone in my school contrary to the rules puts NESticle in the computer at school and it spread like wildfire. I was extremely delighted and immediately copied it at home using a floppy. That's why Ilove NESticle. I get to play my old favourates!

Pacific