The Corrs

Fri May 18, 2001 3:23 am

Got given a CD from this band today-"Talk on Corners".

They definitely look hot, but what are your opinions on their music?? "Queen of Hollywood" sounds quite nice.

Rgds,
CP

Lindy

RE: The Corrs

Fri May 18, 2001 3:26 am

I would do number 1 and number 3 counting from your left.

And I like their music.
They are damned hot!
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Matt D

Fri May 18, 2001 3:27 am

I have 2 of their CD's: The one that you mention as well as their latest, "In Blue". I wasn't too impressed with the music on the first one. But on their latest, the two tracks "Breathless" and "Radio" I think are really good.
And, yes, they are three beautiful women. They don't look like whores a la Brittney and Jennifer Lopez.

N863DA

Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

JLo a whore? no no no! She's cute. Britney I will agree about, however.

As to the Corrs - great music, great looking three - especially Andrea (the middle one) - who happens to bear a resemblance of sorts to Jeanine Garofalo!

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

jwenting

Fri May 18, 2001 5:03 am

I like them, but not for listening to hours at a time  Smile
Strangely, some Irish people I know don't like them one bit, maybe because they project a different image of Ireland than they would like to see  Smile
I wish I were flying

LH423

Fri May 18, 2001 5:19 am

I bought the CD "In Blue" and definitely found some comforting words in some songs, and some damn good pop music in others. Overall, I think the CD is really good, and I wish they made a "splash" in the States sooner.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Matt D

Fri May 18, 2001 5:30 am

I would also like to add that if any of you like the style, sound, and instrumentation to "Breathless", then check out an obscure but great 80's band called The Outfield. Their style is almost identical to "Breathless". I might even go so far to say that it is entirely possible that "Breathless" was inspired by The Outfields style. So, if you like that sound, you will love The Outfield. Only difference is that The Outfield is three Brits.

EGGD

Fri May 18, 2001 5:49 am

I got their Live album from Ireland and some other live performance on DVD Big grin

Excellent!

Not whores like Britney and Of course Jennifer Lopez (with her oooooh i'm so hard! Image).

EGGD Big grin

Fri May 18, 2001 6:28 am

Just added some sound  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Another photo:

A nice audio clip:

http://www.thecorrsrock.co.uk/audio/toc/realaudio/ineverreallylovedyouanyway.rm

Rgds,
CP

Fri May 18, 2001 1:04 pm

I have heard Talk on Corners and In Blue extensively (Asian countries got In Blue months before the US last year).

I, like a lot of their fans, think the removal of Irish elements on In Blue is a loss for their music. Sad, but true, only because they did it so well. Now they're kinda boring, and I wish the Mutt Lange collaborations never happened.  Big thumbs up

SQA340

Sat May 19, 2001 8:13 am

Well in France I wacthed a music video of the Coors. I thought that the blend of irish celtic with techno sounded fairly good. They were also on UAL's European Beat channel.

Mon May 21, 2001 6:15 pm

Just want to add that if you like the Corrs, be sure to get their Unplugged CD. "Forgiven not forgotten" live is close to bliss.  Big thumbs up

Airbus A380

Tue May 22, 2001 7:48 pm

The Corrs are in fact one of my favourites and they are so good... no, they are the best. I think Corrs are the best Irish exports than the good-for-nothing, talentless, bunch-of-himbos Westlife, they sucked!!!

And yes, I do think Britney is a whore, together with that famous bitch, Christina Ugly-hair-ah..... Mandy Moore rocks.....

Aussiemite

Tue May 22, 2001 8:39 pm

Highly penetrable

/me orgasms

Wed May 23, 2001 5:54 am

Well I am from Ireland and I have to say the corrs are one of my favourite bands. In blue is definitely better than talk on corners and THEY WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS! well some of them.

As for looks caroline - the drummer is by far the nicest. Andrea looks like a goth.

BRgds,
sol.

Wed May 23, 2001 6:48 am

Got no CD of them but I have to admit their repertoire and variety of their tracks is much bigger than average.

My favourite song of their 's still 'Forgiven not forgotten'.

Cheers

Wed May 23, 2001 6:52 am

Ganymed-I agree, FNF is a great track.

Rgds
CP