United Airline
Topic Author

Rain Rain Rain........ In Hong Kong

Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:04 am

This rain has been on and on and it doesn't seem that it is coming to an end. The Yellow Rain Signal has been hosted for more than a week......... And sometimes we get this Red Signal even.

What has been going on?

teahan

RE: Rain Rain Rain........ In Hong Kong

Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:22 am

Hello,

LOL, that is what us Irish call everyday weather! Big grin
Rain, Rain, Rain, all day everyday!!!! ;(

I will be comming to HKG on the 21st of this month, I seriously hope the weather conditions will impove by then!

Jeremiah
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Tue Jun 12, 2001 6:13 am

How much rain?

Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:49 pm

I think we've already gotten 900mm of rain. Although it's been raining for 7 consecutive days already, it seems like they aren't going to stop. Instead, a more dreadful storm is coming. So I'm sorry to tell you, Jeremiah, that I don't think you will come to meet sunshine. Happy turbulences.

Have you guys heard of the worst rain in history in Guangdong (southern part of China, to the north of Hong Kong)? It's due to two low pressure troughs affecting the area. Hong Kong's long been under the first one (don't know why it doesn't move along), and the second one over Guangdong is going to move south towards Hong Kong... looks like we won't have sunshine within the next 5 days.

Lundqvist

Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:58 pm

900mm!? That's about the average of what we get in Sweden. When I was living in Singapore a few years back, I always get the programs from Hong Kong on the charity fund raising for the flood in Wadong.

n949wp

Tue Jun 12, 2001 3:26 pm

Well, Teahan, you might be lucky as your HKG arrival is at least a whole week away. There is a good chance that those pesky weather fronts would have moved off by then.

Frankly, the rains had BETTER stop by then, or I'm going nuts!  Nuts I'm fed up with going home from work every night with soggy socks and shoes.

'949

StarAlliance

Tue Jun 12, 2001 6:26 pm

I don't think Teahan will get good weather that time because the trough over Shanghai is approaching Southern China now and will bring more rain over the next week ~~~~ TOO many RAIN!

Cathay Pacific

Tue Jun 12, 2001 9:46 pm

i love rainy days and storms!!!! (but dun likle it when people are seriously affected by it....like what happened in China and Huston).....i haven't been in HK during rainy season for over 10 years (i always go back in winter)....i miss the typhoon and rain in HK.....i remember i once went to Stanly to look at the sea when it was typhoon number 8........

Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Cathay Pacific...The Heart of Asia  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

United Airline
Topic Author

Tue Jun 12, 2001 11:04 pm

Really?  Smile

Pacific

Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:13 am

UAL, this is the link to the HK Observatory site.

http://www.info.gov.hk/hko/contente.htm

There's been so much rain in the past few days. Just for other's info, the AMber Rainstorm is when there is 30+mm rainfall recorded in an hour. Red is 50 and black is 70 (I think).

No blacks but so many reds! Last year at this time, I had to attend an examination when there was black!

Got to go off to my next examination now. A/S level Colouring! (Geography).  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Pacific

Airbus A3XX

Wed Jun 13, 2001 6:29 pm

Wow! Just been back to HKG and was so glad that I was out of town on this rainy week