Matt D
Topic Author

Ever Want To Do A Publicity Stunt?

Wed Jun 20, 2001 9:12 pm

Have any of you ever imagined doing something so off the wall, on a large scale that you would get national attention-albeit in a good way?

Here's something I've always wanted to do. Can you imagine the news clips an event like this would receive?

I would love to host and sponsor a burrito eating contest.

I would buy a few nespaper ads and a few radio spots announcing the grand event. It would be open to anyone who loves burritos and can eat a lot of them in a short time.

It would take place at a park somewhere. Contestants would pay something like a $10 admission fee. They would all sit at a table, and each would be served a huge plate consisting of about 30 burritos (tortillas filled with refried beans, cheese, and hot sauce).

Then, whoever ate the most burritos in the shortest time would win $10,000.

Of course, they can use both hands, forks, spoons, shovels, etc. Whatever helps them consume lots of burritos in a hurry.
This event can also be sponsored by Rosarita (refried bean mfr), Tums, Bean-O (the anti-flatulent drops you can put on your food), and Tic-Tac.

How great would that be?

But for obvious safety reasons, no smoking will be allowed at this event. Big grin

Transactoid

RE: Ever Want To Do A Publicity Stunt?

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:00 am

I'd love to do a publicity stunt. Anything that will get me on national tv Big grin

An-225

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:57 am

Perhaps. What would that be  Wink/being sarcastic
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Matt D
Topic Author

Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:43 am

You mean no one can top my burrito eating contest for originality?