An-225
Topic Author

Things You Find Offensive

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:13 am

What are the things that offend you a lot?
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

JetService

RE: Things You Find Offensive

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:17 am

Mean people and beer-farts
"Shaddap you!"

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:21 am

mostly unprovoked rudeness towards others, verbally or written..

secondly, to hear someone speak in a factual manner about something they truly know nothing about.

lastly - narrow minded conservatives and
bible beaters.

EGGD

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:22 am

Rude and mean people.

hhmmm, not that much really.

Rape?

Dan

N863DA

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:23 am

I think the correct term for people such as myself is 'Bible Basher'. I apologize if my 'being' offends you.

FLY DELTA JETS and sail UNITED STATES LINES

N 8 6 3 D A

JetService

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:33 am

TeXstud, so narrow-minded liberals don't bother you?  Insane
"Shaddap you!"

747-600X

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:36 am

People who are offended by many things.

JetService

Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:36 am

One more thing, TeX...you said, "mostly unprovoked rudeness towards others, verbally or written..". Then you toss out and unprovoked generalization like 'narrow minded conservatives and
bible beaters'. OK.

One wait! One more to add to MY list: Hypocrites
"Shaddap you!"

Joona

Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:25 am

"You God Damn Liberals!!! - Hairyass

Joona  Smokin cool
1740 days idle. Beat that.

access-air

Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:47 am

What AM I offened by???

1. Public display of affection gay or staright (kissing , groping, etc...)

2. Being a Christian, and being told that I am offending others by praying in public whilst having to be barraged by all sorts of other strange religeons and having the the media make Christians out to be Snake handling weirdos..

3. People who live off the Public Welfare system with no intention of getting off it....

4.Attourneys peddling their services as the healers of all supposed "victims" with a promise of monetary reward for obvious negelgence usually on the part of the so called Victim.

5. People being Poloitically Correct....

6.Rapp Music with all that sexual exploitation and basic disrespect for common decency.

8.Howard Stern, Doctor Laura, Jerry Falwell, Rush Limbaugh.

Thats all I can think of now....

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:51 am

People talking about god as if they were sure he existed. For example saying things like "when I die I will be with god" or "god helped me with this" or even "you are possesed by the devil, thats why you dont belive in god". In my opinion the god is only in their brainwashed minds.

p.s. im not trying to be an inmature A$$, just stating what I find offencive.

Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:59 am

People that don't know how to fold a simple sheet of paper. I mean take the middle of the paper and fold it paralel to the other side, well you know what i mean. Well some people apparently don't know how to do it!!! Grrrr I hate that! @%#%@&^@  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud

Nicolas

America West

Thu Jun 21, 2001 9:15 am

1.) When you have a teacher that yells, screams, and blaims everything that goes wrong on you even though you do nothing wrong Angry

2.) School

3.) Mean people

4.) Those ugly Poniac Aztecs Innocent

Thu Jun 21, 2001 9:46 am

Liberals offend me!  Pissed

Thu Jun 21, 2001 9:50 am

I get offended when a person makes a prejudicial (is that a real word? LOL) remark like "Look at that wetback". Makes me think less of them. Not alot offends me. But I pose this question to everyone since it has something to do with offending people. When I went in for job interviews the managers would tell me that alot of people are offended with body piercings and tattoos (because I have a tongue ring), now my question is WHY is it so offendng...what's so offending about it??

Joona

Thu Jun 21, 2001 9:59 am

Hairyass! I was just waiting for you to show up here  Smile

Joona  Smokin cool

VirginA340

Thu Jun 21, 2001 10:00 am

Narrow minded rich people with silverspoons shoved up their asses people who look down on others

High school Cliques

Dumb jocks who pick on the little guys because he/she is an easy target

Road Rage

Bleeding heart liberals who are linient on violent criminals incuding terrorists and mass murderurs and rapists.

Hypocrytes (pardon the spelling)

Bigots

KKK

Neo Nazi pigs

People cutting me off in traffic

Cheerleaders and jocks with no brain and who shout insults because were not with the cool crowd. (I personally don't care how strong or how big your boobs are but when you physically attack me and leave me bloodied and hit me for no reason becasue you hate Hindus or did this to me because you wanted fun)

These stuck up punks can kiss my ass.
"FUIMUS"

jm-airbus320

Thu Jun 21, 2001 11:05 am

Well said Access Air!

tupolev154b2

Thu Jun 21, 2001 11:16 am

People who are offended by too many things

Various forms of verbal insults

Being called a goddamn liberal when I am in fact not one

People being politically correct

Certain right-wing conservatives who feel that they have the right to dictate the world which they then view as "democracy"

Being called an arrogant American when I am in fact not one of those who see that the US is the only nation in the world

twa

Thu Jun 21, 2001 11:38 am

Damn Religious people.

TWA

Joona

Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:32 pm

I hate those "Rich American white boys driving their dad's BMW and using their credit card and are themself stupid as hell"

Sorry, I had to  Smile

Personall, I'd like to see every single Nazi on earth to be executed. Hell, I'd do it myself if it was legal.

Joona  Smokin cool

seb146

Thu Jun 21, 2001 3:49 pm

I find public displays of affection, people on welfare because the world owes them, and being drunk or high in public offensive. Being drunk in private..... Big grin
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Adam84

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:03 pm

The one thing that offends the hell out of me are people who beg for money at the offramps in most major cities and the old guys who hold up the signs that say something along the lines of I used to be a veteran so you are obligated to give me some money. I dont mind people who actually do something for money. For example a couple years back in San Francisco there was this lady and her young daughter (they were homeless) but they did not beg for money, the put on a nice dance show at the place where the cable car turns around. I will never in a thousand years give money to someone who is begging for it.

L-188

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:22 pm

People who feel that it is their obligation to protect other people from themselves.

Which pretty much disenfrancises myself from the entire psyciatric community.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

cfalk

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:42 pm

People who are over-sensitive to things.

For example:

Those people who think that if they see a religious symbol, that religion is somehow being forced upon them. I've always wondered what happens with these guys if they go to Paris and visit Notre Dame or the Hagia Sofia in Istanbul. Would they spontaneously explode upon walking through the door?

Those who feel that life should be totally safe, and if anything happens (e.g. they trip over a crack in the sidewalk) then it is somebody elses fault.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

UA767-223

Thu Jun 21, 2001 10:01 pm

Everything and everybody. Amen.

mls515

Thu Jun 21, 2001 11:56 pm

Many things I find annoying but only a few offensive:

When people recklessly use racial slurs when so much has been done to end them.

When no adequate services for the handicapped are available when it's obvious that implementing them would be little trouble at all.

When beggars on the street ask me for money.

When extremists ask for unreasonable demands for the purpose of protesting when they are not met.

Abortion of a pregnency purely and solely for the purpose of birth control.

When people in my generation don't appreciate what they have and what our country has given us.

When people tell me my religion is a lie.

When I am judged on the basis of my religion and the way in which some of my fellow believers act.

People who regard my religion differently from other religions. i.e.- make it a point to attack me and my beliefs but leave multitudes of other beliefs untouched.

When people lord what they have over what I have, whether it be a piece of personal property they own or the country they live in or anything inbetween.

Fri Jun 22, 2001 12:56 am

"One more thing, TeX...you said, "mostly unprovoked rudeness towards others, verbally or written..". Then you toss out and unprovoked generalization like 'narrow minded conservatives and
bible beaters'. OK.

One wait! One more to add to MY list: Hypocrites"
so you are admitting that you are a narrow minded conservative.. I didn't say that conservatives are offensive... so show us more of your narrow mind... and I'm no hypocrite.. if you're narrow, as you say you are.. then you offend me.. but your post doesn't..I find it richly amusing. Oh, and wouldn't BIBLE BASHER be someone who slanders every little thing the bible says.... BASHING...as in GAY BASHING... Bible Beaters refers to those who feel that it is their duty in life to stand on street corners and yell out their beliefs to passers buy and/or hold up signs in protest of what they feel offends them... THAT is BIBLE BEATING... not BASHING.... I know that wasn't part of your post J.S. but I'll kill two birds with one stone here.

Samurai 777

Fri Jun 22, 2001 1:14 am

Things or people that offend me:

Racist pigs like neo-Nazis and the KKK.

People who live off the welfare system when they're capable of finding a job and keeping it.

Panhandlers accosting you for money so they can get drunk, high or whatever.

Psychiatric institutions and the people who work in that industry. (I've seen people come out no better, or even worse than when they got in.)

People who treat disabled people or others who aren't with the so-called "cool crowd" badly or rudely while hanging with normal people trying to act cool. (VirginA340, I can understand that pretty well.)

People who think they know something when they actually don't.

Situations when I am unfairly judged by the way I look or act.

People who smell bad because of poor hygiene. (Sorry, but I have a good sense of smell)

People who try to control me in an overbearing manner when they shouldn't.

Patronizing people.

JetService

Fri Jun 22, 2001 1:18 am

TeX, so you admit to being a cross-dresser, huh? Hey, I can make stuff up too.

Hey, don't BS me, poopstain. You were generalizing that all conservatives are narrow-minded and you know it. You claim to despise narrow-mindedness, then you throw out a generalization like that. You contridicted yourself in one sentence ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry, TeX. I had to do it. Look at it this way. Maybe in the long run I will help you be a better citizen. You're welcome! This one's for free. Next time I will have to charge you.
"Shaddap you!"

RE: Jet Service

Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:02 am

Not to worry Skidmark! it's all in fun right? I might have to get the L.A.P.D. after ya!  Big thumbs up

Alpha 1

Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:31 am

1. Narrow-minded liberals who tell me I'm "racists" because I root for the Cleveland Indians, and that the name does harm to native Americans-ditto for those who have forced colleges and universities to change their nicknames because someone is offended; they're the same crowd who has made America have the mindset that everyone is a "victim" of something, and that no one is responsible for their own actions.

2. Narrow-minded conservatives who preach Christian Values, then tell us it's ok to have guns; that it's ok to throw gays out of the military simply for saying they're gay, while turning a blind eye when "straight" scum in the military like the kind who molested women at Tailhook are protected and go unpunished.

Alpha 1

Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:33 am

People like CYKA who don't have the wit to look around this incredible world of ours and realize there is indeed a God.

JetService

Fri Jun 22, 2001 4:14 am

Tex, of course  Wink/being sarcastic

Alpha, not only is the Cleveland Indians name not disrespectful, but if memory serves, the Cleveland Indians were actually named in honor an American-indian, thus the name. I can't recall his name, but I can look it up if anyone is interested. But that is hardly direspectful; and I agree that the idea that there isn't a God is more far-fetched than any other theory, IMHO. The notion that 'this' is all an incidental accident from nothingness to what we have is WAAAAAY out there.
"Shaddap you!"

Transactoid

Fri Jun 22, 2001 5:43 am

1) People who only care about improving their own status in life, no matter what it does to other people.

2) People who don't understand what the term "SOCIETY" means, and therefore are not willing to do things that help society (see #1)

3) People who don't understand that there is no such thing as "personal responsibility" and that society is just as big a factor as the individual.

4) EXTREMISTS! People who think only in black and white: "liberal OR republican" black OR white, my way OR your way.... Arrggh!!  Pissed

5) Religious types who refuse to accept proven scientific facts, and have no concept of how to properly use logic in an argument.

6) People who think technology is a bad thing; scientific research is a bad thing; genetic modification is a bad thing....go back to the dark ages where you belong.

7) People who are easily offended and/or otherwise overly emotional.

8) People who try to "fight the power", dress like punks, etc. then claim "we're just showing our individuality! Why can't people respect that!??" -- Why can't you respect that we're tired of whiny white kids who think they have something important to say?

9) ANYBODY who puts ANY obligations on me that I do not agree to.

10) People who think being a hypocrite is a bad thing. (Hypocracy only arises because of disregard for my #4 point.)

11) People who make long lists expousing all their attitudes and feelings in the belief that others are actually interested.  Smile  Smile

Fri Jun 22, 2001 6:04 am

People who get jealous easily(if you got a nice car or a good job or whateva) or take themselves too serious.

people who are prejudiced against sb.only because of his religious conviction/or life style/or the colour of his skin or he's simply 'different' etc.In my opinion prejudiced people are ignorants.

Racism ,religious and/or political extremism.

People who act only with their own (financial) profit or power (career) in mind and completely disregard the consequences of their actions for the humanity or the environment.

Meanness,pretention and indifference.

Regards,
Ganymed

UA767-223

Fri Jun 22, 2001 10:33 am

This is way offensive, and may cause stomach upset:

http://www.pp.fi/neittamo/wldo.swf

Note: don't try it without broadband

Transactoid

Fri Jun 22, 2001 12:30 pm

Oh riiight, Ganymed mentioned this...how could I have forgotten?

PRETENTION. It's probably my #1 biggest complaint too. I CANNOT stand pretentious people.

mls515

Fri Jun 22, 2001 1:08 pm

UA767-223-

I'm offended that Janet Reno wasn't included in your link!!

SSTjumbo

Fri Jun 22, 2001 2:56 pm

1) Disrespect
2) Jocks
3) People who throw junk at the marching band!!!
4) Hypocrites
5) People with "natural greatness"
6) People who shouldn't be driving
7) Nationalism
8) Qualified people not winning public office (common trend today!)
9) Users (people who take advantage of others)
10) Big-headed people

Did I forget anything?
Best regards to everyone!
I don't know, so this is my signature.

paulc

Fri Jun 22, 2001 4:10 pm

The arrogence of the European Union in trying to force their wishes/rules on the people of Europe despite various 'No' votes - ie Denmark on Maastrect treaty and more recently Ireland on Naples Treaty

The arrogance of the French govt who if they do not like a EU rule just ignore it without any penalty.

Asslym seekers / illigal immigrants who travel to UK via mainland europe without getting turned back by those countries thay pass through - leaving it to the UK to house them / feed them etc - UK should just send them back to France (or wherever) as point of origin.

Lack of passport control on channel tunnel for above reason.

case in point - french coastguard allowed a row boat with known illegal immigrants onboard to get to UK and then took rowboat back as it had been stolen - leaving the immigrants in UK.

Phoney tony blair and the way in which he has reduced parliament to a near dictatorship and is intent on removing anything good about being English
English First, British Second, european Never!

v jet

Fri Jun 22, 2001 10:05 pm

Puerile posts on the civil aviation forum Big grin

access-air

Sat Jun 23, 2001 9:46 am

Okay Im back.

To those that agreed with me..Hey thats cool...to those that didnt...thats okay you have your own judgement on whats is perfectly acceptable to you....
But i do have few more....

1. People who have lots of money and act like they are always down to their last twenty cents...in other words people who are Cheap...

2. Abortion...plain and simple if the child is not mean to live, GOD will handle it and abort the fetus. (Sorry for offending those non-GOD believers.)

3. By a lot of the real stupid things that are on TV like those "Idiot " shows on MTV that show people doing stupid stuff.....or shock radio. Anyone with a modecum of good sense would be out of their minds to do stuff or proudly listen to it.

4. Obnoxious air travellers that act like the world will end becasue they feel the airline has done them wrong..

5. Prejudice, that which is preahced by Neo-Nazi-ism, The KKK, The Raibow Coalition and by The Moral Majority.....hmm think about that one...

6. Minorities that "self-segregate" and accuse the main stream of oppression.

7. Businesses that discriminate based on your sexual orientation.

8. When Parents beat ther kids or Men beat their wives...and worse when our judicial system turns the other way.........sickening....

9. Cars that drive passed my house with their bass speakers turned up so loud that it could cause our cats to have an orgasm from the vibration...

10. People from other countries to live in the USA and that pay no taxes and are more well to do than the poor in this country. yuod never see a "yank" going a place like Australia and pulling the same crap.

11. Those same people that come here and expect NOT to have to learn English. Heaven knows that If I moved to France, for example, people arent gonna learn to speak English just to please me.....

12. Ignorance of obvious things.....like buring yourself with Hot coffe and spilling it on yourself... then having the gall to turn around and sue those who handed you the coffee.

Okay guys im done..I hope that about covers it....

Access-Air

Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

PIT_flyer007

Sat Jun 23, 2001 10:36 am

i find censorship of movies, art, photography, and music so un-cultured, close minded people won't raise hell about it offensive! also i cannot stand narrow-mided people being that i am gay ~ it totally makes life uneccesarily harder for me and my peers. i would venture to say the same for anybody that faces extra hardships because they are in a minority or stereotyped group . . .like blacks, women, latinos, etc... So that said dr.laura and rev.phelps need to burn in hell!! too bad the people who are hurt most by inequality wont be there to watch them burn . . .

peace ~

ben

PS : (guys) spitting on the sidewalk, street, etc. is gross and i don't get the point of why some people feel the need to expel the fluids in their mouth out in public ~ if u wouldn't do it in front of your grandma then why the hell in public?

haanz

Sat Jun 23, 2001 1:23 pm

1) Discrimination in any form...

...based on gender: "Women should stay bare feet in the kitchen" "Women who become pregnant will not be able to keep their job."
...age - you CAN teach an old horse new tricks.

...social status - ideally a classless society, but it can bring about the nasty tall poppy syndrome.

...sexual orientation - OK, it's NOT an illness, it's NOT a reason to beat someone up or call then names. It's about the ability to love someone - it just happens to be someone of the same sex. (Welcome to the 21st century)

- skin colour, nationality, ethnicity etc.

...no comment.

2) Fundamentalists...
especially religious ones who believe that everything in the Bible should be taken literally. I am a Protestant myself, but I think that the Bible needs an update to todays scientific knowledge. A lot of what is written is based on the level of knowledge 2000-odd years ago. Things have changed. AND, the Bible was written by some men. Not God.

The principles are the same... but some of the details needs to be altered.

3) People who treat me as stupid because English is not my first language and I take that fraction of a second longer to answer a question.

4) "Family Values" - the most abused airy fairy words... what are they anyway? ... and yeah, the belief that any other values are not family-friendly. The family comes in all shapes and sizes, not just the one with mum, dad, 2.3 children, a dog and a Volvo.

5) Narrow minds (mostly related to the above)... I guess the keyword will be prejudice.

vafi88

Sat Jun 23, 2001 1:32 pm

When people try to shove their religions down other people's throats, like they're trying to get them to eat or something.  Pissed

Oh, and also missionaries (people who spread their religions) who come door to door telling everyone what a great religion it is to be a part of and how great their church is.  Pissed

Later... Vitaly.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

mel

Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:07 am

Improper moving walkway etiquette. Stand on the right, walk on the left.
NO URLS in signature

VirginA340

Sun Jun 24, 2001 8:19 am

Osama Bin Laden and his goon squad the Taliban. They are calling for not only death to Isreali and American armed forces but innocent civilians too. They suck and look what they are doing to the women in Afghan.

Terrorists

People who bump into me with out apoligizing.
People who roll their eyes at me
People who give me a snobby atitude
People who tailgate me on the highway or cuts me off
People who toss cigerette buts out the widow of moving cars
People who cross the train tracks when gates are doing when a train is clearly coming.

Absoulutley STUPID!!!!
"FUIMUS"

IMissPiedmont

Sun Jun 24, 2001 9:43 am

People who try tp "prove" the existence of God by the beauty of nature.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Alpha 1

Sun Jun 24, 2001 12:25 pm

Acctually you couldn't be further from the truth. It is from deeply analyzing this incredible universe of ours that I drew my conclusion. If you could prove to me that there is a god, I'd belive you(and even them I'd probably speculate that it's just a highly eveolved alien). Saying that you have a persenal relationship with god dosn't stand very high on the evidence scale.