yqtyyz

Need Help For Las Vegas Stay

Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:49 am

I'm a first time poster, and I have to stay overnight in LAS and catch a flight the next day.

I'm a student who does not have oodles of cash, so can anyone recommend a safe, and respectable hotel/motel for me?

Maybe website links could help.

Thanks a lot!

RE: Need Help For Las Vegas Stay

Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:26 am

check out http://www.sidestep.com

Good Luck!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

L1011

Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:51 am

I usually stay at the LaQuinta on Las Vegas Boulevard, right across the street from the MGM Grand. It is very inexpensive, quite nice, and they have a free airport shuttle. It is right next to New York New York, and the shuttle driver told me that New York New York has bought it and will soon demolish it, so it might be already gone. I last stayed there a year or two ago.

Bob Bradley
Richmond, VA
Fly Eastern's Golden Falcon DC-7B

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:02 pm

Go to any strip club and ask to spend the night because I've done this many, many times and it's a lot better than any kind of motel.

Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:10 pm

It depends on what day(s) you're staying in Vegas. It's usually cheap to stay from Sunday to Thursday.

Last year, I was able to get a suite on a weekday for $25 USD in downtown at Fitzgerald's.

...but lost over $100 on lap dances at Girls of Glitter Gulch! Embarrassment

Try http://www.travelweb.com

P.S. Avoid the motels on N. Las Vegas Blvd. between the strip and downtown.

yqtyyz

Fri Jun 29, 2001 12:05 am

Thanks for the help thus far.

CstarU, I'm flying in on Monday landing sometime around 2330 hrs, and checking out next day in the morning.

PIT_flyer007

Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:29 am

don't know anything really about LV but read once that one intersection in Las Vegas has more hotel rooms than in all of Boston. hah!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy